Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6665|Canberra, AUS

Ty wrote:

You tell 'em Joe.
oh man
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5169|Sydney
Labor a cereal offender on childcare rebate freeze

They still haven't changed the title of that...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6096|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Where have I said we shouldn't take refugees? I've said we should deal with the issue in an orderly way, according to local and international law, not allow bogus refugees who make false claims and enter the country illegally to jump the queue ahead of actual refugees.

Aus takes 10 times as many refugees as the UK, shut up now Uzique.
why do you keep mentioning that figure like it means anything?
To keep reminding you that when making comments like

Uzique wrote:

europe really does regard australia as a backwards, racist shithole
and

Uzique wrote:

europeans are generally progressive. australia is generally reactionary
you expose yourself as an ignorant tory-boy prig, bearing in mind Australia takes in far more real refugees, and is far more comfortably ethnically and racially diverse than the country you're holding up as the benchmark - ie the UK.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4245
you are really saying that australia is more culturally diverse and racially tolerant than europe, because you take more refugees on an annual basis now than the UK currently does? rofl. ahahahahahhaa. numbers do not constitute a qualitative attitude, i am sorry. there is no way you can argue that australians are more accepting of a racial and cultural plurality than your average 'welcome to multicultural uk' brit. no chance. you yourself here argue til you're blue in the face against refugees, against racially inferior blacks, against useless foreigners, etc. it just doesn't add up. keep clinging to a number, though. i already told you it is meaningless. australia is a lot fucking bigger and emptier than europe. france and the uk have taken several generations of refugees and emigres since the 1950's. doesn't really say the country is a closed-border xenophobic monoculture, because our current quota is lower than yours. wow i cannot believe this sort of shit has to be pointed out. you are really this dense, aren't you?

also you just called me a 'self-interested' person for voting Labour in the other thread. 2 minutes later you write a post calling me a 'Tory'. uuuuuuh, anybody home? pointless ranting. make fucking sense.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-29 04:39:51)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Uzique wrote:

you are really saying that australia is more culturally diverse and racially tolerant than europe

Dilbert_X wrote:

far more comfortably ethnically and racially diverse than the country you're holding up as the benchmark - ie the UK
Reading comprehension FTW

You're a tory-boy who votes labour because you think you'll get a better deal, simple.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4245
i think i'll get a better deal, how? by having my inheritance taxed away from me? rofl. i've already specifically outlined the policy-based reasons why i vote labour. none of which has anything to do with my personal circumstances-- unless you count enjoying a walk in the free, public wood as being 'self-interest'.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So you vote for parochial self-interest on a single trivial issue, never mind the national or global interest, that and you're butthurt your college isn't free?
Too funny. Please keep out of Australian politics now.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4245
yes, i vote in local elections for the party that will serve my local council and area best. mindblowing concept. how exactly do you vote that is so altruistic and not at all concerned with what concerns you, as a private citizen? pray tell. rofl.

also out of all the UK parties, labour are the ones most likely to make university tuition free. period.

and lol, like anyone's single vote in the current western system can affect 'global' matters. how many people protested against the war again? how many students rioted in london over tuition fee changes? national and global politics are not run by the voting class. i'm sure your vote in the australian national election is really going to determine your nation's trade relations with china.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-29 05:58:06)

Jaekus
+957|5169|Sydney
I don't know why you guys are aguing, racism exists the world over.

Bananas thrown at Italy's first black minister
Immigration Minister Cecile Kyenge was speaking at a Democratic Party (PD) rally on Friday when an unidentified spectator threw bananas at her, missing the stage but sparking reactions of disgust from across the country.
Shocking cases of abuse have multiplied against Kyenge, an Italian citizen born in the Democratic Republic of Congo, climaxing earlier this month with a member of the anti-immigration Northern League party who likened her to an orangutan.
Kyenge, who has refused to rise to the bait or write Italy off as racist, immediately reacted to the banana attack by slamming it as "a waste of food."
Social networks lit up with reactions, and ministers took to Twitter to voice their anger and support for Kyenge.
Italy's environment minister Andrea Orlando expressed "utter indignation for the wretched act", while the agriculture minister, Nunzia De Girolamo, said "Kyenge has shown that faced with idiotic and violent acts, sometimes the best weapon is irony."
I'm hardly going to condemn Italy as being a country full of racists. I know Australia is not, it's just a vocal part of the country that is condemned by others here time and time again. Equally I'm not going to say UK should take it the same amount of refugees as Australia based purely upon their current population size - or that we should take in more based upon our geographical area.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4245
britain takes on 500,000+ immigrants a year. we're a country of nearly 65 million, and rapidly growing. dilbert thinks australia is more racially inclusive because you take more refugee-status people, fleeing from war or natural disaster. you're a country of 20 million and you shit bricks at the thought of the foreign contingent rising in any major way. britain (and the ex-colonial european powers) have been accommodating huge windrushes of immigrants and 'other' cultures since 1950. i just don't really know what dilber'ts point is. yes, you take more political refugees. you are a tiny country that has much room to grow. i don't really see that as conclusive evidence that you are a more 'racially tolerant' society. race and immigration issues completely dominate your politics. your culture is extremely white and reactionary. look at the distribution of your politics on a worldwide-relative spectrum.
Jaekus
+957|5169|Sydney
I wouldn't argue we are more or less racially tolerant, I see it as an equal footing. It actually baffles me why it dominates our politics like it does when there are much more important issues than whether we should let in a few thousand asylum seekers who arrive by boat. I think it all started with the Children Overboard fiasco when Howard was PM and somehow the LNP have turned what was blood on their hands into some sort of political leverage.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6672|Disaster Free Zone

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

britain takes on 500,000+ immigrants a year. we're a country of nearly 65 million, and rapidly growing. dilbert thinks australia is more racially inclusive because you take more refugee-status people, fleeing from war or natural disaster. you're a country of 20 million and you shit bricks at the thought of the foreign contingent rising in any major way. britain (and the ex-colonial european powers) have been accommodating huge windrushes of immigrants and 'other' cultures since 1950. i just don't really know what dilber'ts point is. yes, you take more political refugees. you are a tiny country that has much room to grow. i don't really see that as conclusive evidence that you are a more 'racially tolerant' society. race and immigration issues completely dominate your politics. your culture is extremely white and reactionary. look at the distribution of your politics on a worldwide-relative spectrum.
Net migrants per 1000 population.
Australia     5.93
United Kingdom     2.59
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4245
yes... this is exactly what i am saying... you are a huge and unpopulated land. immigration is a GOOD thing to grow your population and economy. why are you finding this so fucking hard? go to university, please. the UK has one of the highest population densities in the world and we still take more immigrants, as a total, every year. 5x as many as australia. you should be taking 5x as many immigrants as us. you are an immigrant/ex-colonial nation and your future lies in fresh blood and expansion. simple.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911

Jaekus wrote:

I wouldn't argue we are more or less racially tolerant, I see it as an equal footing. It actually baffles me why it dominates our politics like it does when there are much more important issues than whether we should let in a few thousand asylum seekers who arrive by boat. I think it all started with the Children Overboard fiasco when Howard was PM and somehow the LNP have turned what was blood on their hands into some sort of political leverage.
Because those arriving by boats are taking places of those in refugee camps. Its rewarding the 'selfish' queue jumpers.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5576

I think the quota for immigrants should be higher in the U.S. It is not like we don't have the space to put them.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
1. We neither have the infrastructure, jobs nor capital resources for mass migration
2. Migrants are all well and good when they can bring appropriate level of skills and education. We are not a low skilled manufacturing economy and it is not economically feasible to become one.
3. Australia is by far the driest continent on earth with roughly 70% being dessert or arid planes with no consistent water source.
4. As such 90% of the population in congregated in urban areas, mostly running down the south eastern coast.
5. Migrants are not moving here to take advantage of our huge unpopulated land but to live in the densely populated urban cities.
6. Growth is good, just like inflation, but just like hyperinflation too much growth just leads to problems.
Jaekus
+957|5169|Sydney
Queue jumpers?

Taken straight from the Abbott handbook.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4245
don't forget that australia is running out of water! and your relatively brand-new cities are all crumbling under the weight!

hmm wonder how britain with its centuries-old cities and green-belt no-planning-permission zones manages to cope under the infrastructural weight of those 500,000 yearly immigrants. menk idiots left right and centre in immigration discussions.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
You have no concept of reality.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4245
great rebuff 10/10. the UK can handle half a million immigrants a year when all of our infrastructure is centuries old and when we are one of the most densely populated nations on earth, yet brand-spanking-new australia with a booming economy has to whine about 100k a year. lol. okay. tell me some more about "reality', mr. scared shitless irrational xenophobe.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5576

Australia and my problems would have been solved if the U.S. kept the Philippines a territory.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6706

DrunkFace wrote:

1. We neither have the infrastructure, jobs nor capital resources for mass migration
2. Migrants are all well and good when they can bring appropriate level of skills and education. We are not a low skilled manufacturing economy and it is not economically feasible to become one.
3. Australia is by far the driest continent on earth with roughly 70% being dessert or arid planes with no consistent water source.
4. As such 90% of the population in congregated in urban areas, mostly running down the south eastern coast.
5. Migrants are not moving here to take advantage of our huge unpopulated land but to live in the densely populated urban cities.
6. Growth is good, just like inflation, but just like hyperinflation too much growth just leads to problems.
well good thing we didn't fuck up when we had to take the massive loads of british people post-ww2 then. what aboot the vietnamese, they swarmed the country, same with the lebos. but er mah gerd boat people.

lol queue jumpers. somebody has been drinking abbotts koolaid.

drunkface if we didn't need "unskilled labour" please explain why we give out 100k+ working holiday visas to the euros and asians coming here for a temp job in farms?

Last edited by Cybargs (2013-07-29 15:18:55)

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6765|Noizyland

https://media.crikey.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/TheBastardOff.jpg
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

yes... this is exactly what i am saying... you are a huge and unpopulated land. immigration is a GOOD thing to grow your population and economy. why are you finding this so fucking hard? go to university, please. the UK has one of the highest population densities in the world and we still take more immigrants, as a total, every year. 5x as many as australia. you should be taking 5x as many immigrants as us. you are an immigrant/ex-colonial nation and your future lies in fresh blood and expansion. simple.
The economy is just fine, thanks to a low population, why does it need to grow?

Britain takes an awful lot of worthless immigrants who are a net drain on the economy, that kind of 'growth' Aus can do without, thanks.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6706

Dilbert_X wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

The economy is just fine, thanks to a low population, why does it need to grow?

Britain takes an awful lot of worthless immigrants who are a net drain on the economy, that kind of 'growth' Aus can do without, thanks.

dilbert i found your mum.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard