pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.

RTHKI wrote:

metroid prime series is good stuff
indeed.

Metroid Prime was good but it and Echos kinda got repetitive with the constant going from the very end of area A to find a key then back to end of area B to open a door with that key to get another key to further into area A to open a door with the new key only to get yet another key for area B, etc.
Corruption was much better in that aspect IMO but I had to sell my Wii before I could finish it to help pay for school
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Still seems to have an exploding AI issue. How disappointing.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

When suddenly SWEDEN! Great Britain also pooped out when it unified.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

I meant that the AI still seems to have trouble holding itself together. Mainly speaking about what happened to France and Italy. But also in Iberia.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Macbeth wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF337DKa6d0
Still seems to have an exploding AI issue. How disappointing.
hey macbeth seeing as you spend so much time staring at a map of europe, playing kings and queens whilst being so staunchly republican, i have a (sincere) question:

if you could be from one european state/identity, what would it be, and why? preferably not a duchy or kingdom that disappeared in 1367.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

If I could be a country what country would I be? Huh?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
a problem with english? "if you could be from one european state". that sentence makes perfect semantic sense.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Am I still me or am I an average person from that country?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
hmm, good question. i guess what i was really asking was 'which national identity or character do you most identify with / find most desirable'. i am interested more in your (historically informed) perception of european states than in your actual existential, like, hypothetical experience.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-25 09:03:39)

UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5006|Massachusetts, USA
He would be a philipino hooker.
If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Filipino. With a F. Christ dude.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

UnkleRukus wrote:

He would be a philipino hooker.
take it to the 'what asian nationality would you be' thread
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Spain or France. France is better off but Spain seems friendlier.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
a good response, thank you. spain is indeed friendly, so long as you don't go to the basque country or catalonia.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

But you didn't specify if the desirable national identity is modern or, considering he posted an EU4 vid, historic.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
i would prefer it be based on a modern nation. so we can at least identify some common and extant characteristics. hence my comment about not choosing some minor duchy from wallachia or something.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

The reason I brought it up was because national ideals can change a bit over the years for a country.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
national character is fairly established, though. there's a line of continuity from the spanish middle-ages and baroque to what it is today. there's a cogency between the french of high-classicism, of racine and moliere, and the french today.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
I almost fell asleep watching that.  Was waiting for 1942 and Murica comes in and is like BAM
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6722|Toronto, ON
Been playing tons of Dota 2.  Who wants to team up and play with me?

Steam name: Nytemare
Alpha as fuck.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Spearhead wrote:

I almost fell asleep watching that.  Was waiting for 1942 and Murica comes in and is like BAM
Paradox games like that are limited to a range of dates. Victoria II, for example, goes into like the mid 20's, iir. So if you cheat, feel free to invade 1800's Europe with a WW1 tech Canada. Hearts of Iron 3 either starts in the mid-late 20's or early 30's.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I wish.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Paradox games like that are limited to a range of dates. Victoria II, for example, goes into like the mid 20's, iir. So if you cheat, feel free to invade 1800's Europe with a WW1 tech Canada. Hearts of Iron 3 either starts in the mid-late 20's or early 30's.
Vic 2 ends at 1936.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Oh I was sure it was the 20's.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
steam servers are feces
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard