Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

the UK is a tiny island with 65 million people in it. australia is a huge empty continent with 20 million people. the world's 5th or 6th largest individual country by size, no? so yes, please cry some more and tell me what an extreme quota for immigration you guys have. fucking berk.
Britain is still 95% empty space, stupid hipster.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Dilbert_X wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

the UK is a tiny island with 65 million people in it. australia is a huge empty continent with 20 million people. the world's 5th or 6th largest individual country by size, no? so yes, please cry some more and tell me what an extreme quota for immigration you guys have. fucking berk.
Britain is still 95% empty space, stupid hipster.
According to the 2011 census, the total population of the United Kingdom is around 63,182,000.[1] It is the third-largest in the European Union (behind Germany and France) and the 22nd-largest in the world. Its overall population density is one of the highest in the world at 256 people per square kilometre
just shut up you small-minded racist twonk.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Mobile billboards calling on illegal immigrants to leave the UK have been criticized as a step too far by politicians. Campaign backers have hailed the initiative as an “alternative to arrest,” while critics decry the adverts as outright “intimidation.”

As part of a pilot scheme to help reduce illegal immigration in Britain, vans with billboards emblazoned with the slogan “Go home or face arrest” will be driven around London boroughs.

The message in full reads: “In the UK illegally? Go home or face arrest.” A hotline number is also shown where illegal immigrants may receive help and advice with travel documents. Leaflets and posters will be distributed in tandem with the billboard vans in the targeted boroughs.

British Immigration Minister Mark Harper has described the new initiative as “an alternative to being led away in handcuffs.”

“Every single day our enforcement officers are arresting, detaining and removing people with no right to be in the UK,” said Harper, adding that the mobile billboards are part of a new push to make it more difficult for people to live and work in the UK illegally. According to UK government figures 28,000 illegal arrivals voluntarily left the UK last year.

In conjunction with the billboards numbers of reforms are set to be introduced to combat illegal immigration in the UK. They will include a $4,600 bond which selected visitors from certain countries will be required to pay upon applying for a British visa. The bond will be returned to visitors from India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Nigeria and Ghana when they leave the country.

The new policy will come into effect this November of this year.
https://andreasmoser.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/uk-go-home-or-face-arrest-van-001.jpg?w=640
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
what does that have to do with australian politics? that's like linking some article bemoaning traffic-stops 250 miles over the mexican border in america as "immigrant intimidation". are you just linking that to troll? i do not share the views of those adverts. nor do most british people.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

some dickheads think australia is already overpopulated because OMG WE DONT HAVE WATER SOURCES ITS RUNNY DRY GUYS
It is.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

DrunkFace wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

some dickheads think australia is already overpopulated because OMG WE DONT HAVE WATER SOURCES ITS RUNNY DRY GUYS
It is.
^lol

edit: we be so dry that 96% of our population live in urban areas. SO DRY NO SPACE FOR PEOPLE OMG.

Somehow the arabs are able to pack millions of people in the desert.

Last edited by Cybargs (2013-07-25 05:39:06)

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS
we still do rice irrigation, don't we?

i mean...
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

According to the 2011 census, the total population of the United Kingdom is around 63,182,000.[1] It is the third-largest in the European Union (behind Germany and France) and the 22nd-largest in the world. Its overall population density is one of the highest in the world at 256 people per square kilometre
Ah, so when it comes to you putting someone elses money where your mouth is you backpedal furiously.
Most of Britain is still farmland, Scotland is practically empty, you can fit a few more million Poles and Somalis I'm sure.
just shut up you small-minded racist twonk.
Please die you hypocritical little-Englander.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
how am i hypocritical? i am never speaking against immigration. i have no problem with poles and somalis. sure, bring them over. i've worked with polish people. they are very pleasant and extremely hard-working. punctilious colleagues. how am i hypocritical? all i called out was your "australia takes far more immigrants than the UK" comment - as if that means anything. the UK is tiny and has one of the highest population densities in the world. australia has a THIRD of the UK's total population. and yet you complain or talk about your greater number of refugees as if it means anything. idiot. an engineer who doesn't understand scale. ok.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-25 05:59:23)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

how am i hypocritical? i am never speaking against immigration.
the UK is a tiny island with 65 million people in it. australia is a huge empty continent with 20 million people. the world's 5th or 6th largest individual country by size, no? so yes, please cry some more and tell me what an extreme quota for immigration you guys have.
The UK has ample spare space, three times the number of taxpayers and yet takes about a tenth of the refugees of Australia.

Shut up now, stupid hipster.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney

Ty wrote:

Stop the oats.
fkn lol
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Western Australia can fit the countries UK, France, Japan, Spain, France and Italy inside and still have room. It's also 99% desert, and where I was born and spent my childhood.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Dilbert_X wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

how am i hypocritical? i am never speaking against immigration.
the UK is a tiny island with 65 million people in it. australia is a huge empty continent with 20 million people. the world's 5th or 6th largest individual country by size, no? so yes, please cry some more and tell me what an extreme quota for immigration you guys have.
The UK has ample spare space, three times the number of taxpayers and yet takes about a tenth of the refugees of Australia.

Shut up now, stupid hipster.
the uk has one of the highest population densities in the world. you seem to keep overlooking that statistic in your inane ranting. are you trying to suggest that we don't have a 'point' until we have a high-rise built on every single green-plot of land? quite a curious argument you have there, dilderp. australia is a growing country/economy. it is good if its population rises. you need eager immigrants and hard-workers to build future generations. the UK is established - over the hill, even. we have the third highest population in europe. we have plenty of immigrants and still take a proportional amount each year (legally). what sort of point are you trying to make? this 'britain has some space left' thing is not really top-class debate. you are feeble-minded.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-25 06:12:59)

Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS
much of qld is pretty fertile and empty, isn't it?

on the other hand, queensland.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
lol
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

the uk has one of the highest population densities in the world. you seem to keep overlooking that statistic in your inane ranting. are you trying to suggest that we don't have a 'point' until we have a high-rise built on every single green-plot of land? quite a curious argument you have there, dilderp. australia is a growing country/economy. it is good if its population rises. you need eager immigrants and hard-workers to build future generations. the UK is established - over the hill, even. we have the third highest population in europe. we have plenty of immigrants and still take a proportional amount each year (legally). what sort of point are you trying to make? this 'britain has some space left' thing is not really top-class debate. you are feeble-minded.
You're making the argument Australia has plenty of space so should allow anyone in.
I'm making the point the UK also has plenty of space but is highly restrictive about who it lets in.

Its super simple stuff.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
how hard is it for you to understand "one of the highest population densities in the world"?

and i never said "australia should let anyone in". i said your comment that 'australia lets in more immigrants a year than the uk iirc' was a fucking stupid comment. australia SHOULD. your population is TINY and your space is HUGE. i would be frankly more surprised if a tiny island with 65 million people on it already let in more immigrants than an empty fucking continent. jesus. this is NOT A DIFFICULT line of argumentation.

and the UK is hardly 'super restrictive'. the EU is a fucking zone of free labour movement.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-07-25 06:27:20)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
not to mention Australia is a country built by immigrants and still is. 25% of residents were born overseas.

Last edited by Cybargs (2013-07-25 06:31:44)

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

how hard is it for you to understand "one of the highest population densities in the world"?

and i never said "australia should let anyone in". i said your comment that 'australia lets in more immigrants a year than the uk iirc' was a fucking stupid comment. australia SHOULD. your population is TINY and your space is HUGE. i would be frankly more surprised if a tiny island with 65 million people on it already let in more immigrants than an empty fucking continent. jesus. this is NOT A DIFFICULT line of argumentation.

and the UK is hardly 'super restrictive'. the EU is a fucking zone of free labour movement.
Why 'should' a country let people in just because the population density is low? Its one thing to take refugees, another just because their neighbour had too many kids.
Low population density is what gives a good quality of life, its not my fault Asia has overpopulated itself.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/17/World_population_density_map.png
People per km2

By this logic refugees should be heading for Russia, or Greenland - I can't imagine there'd be much persecution there, but no those are poor places with shit welfare and crap weather so they head for Australia.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-07-26 02:48:18)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Not sure if Abbott is trolling with his "our idea is to hire someone from the military and see if he has an idea" plan.

If he is its an epic troll.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Dilbert_X wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Why 'should' a country let people in just because the population density is low? Its one thing to take refugees, another just because their neighbour had too many kids.
Low population density is what gives a good quality of life, its not my fault Asia has overpopulated itself.

People per km2

By this logic refugees should be heading for Russia, or Greenland - I can't imagine there'd be much persecution there, but no those are poor places with shit welfare and crap weather so they head for Australia.
russia doesn't have the employment prospects or industry, obviously. this is really not difficult. why are you trying to stifle the growth of australia? with a welcoming look to the future you could conceivably become one of the world's superpowers, with one of its most healthy and stable economies. but to do that you need growth. you need more generations of well-educated, hard-working citizens. not a bunch of 10 pound poms complaining about change. you are xenophobic, that is all. so what if well-educated or hard-working asians want to join the australian economy? they will help build your future. more so than a bunch of retired white octogenarians from the mother land ever will.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Hard-working well educated asians have no trouble joining the Australia economy, they aren't turning up in fishing boats and not who we're talking about, the Australian economy is having no trouble at all growing, I'm not a 10 Pound POM and no doubt the millions of dollars we injected into the local economy between us will have built a few people's futures.

Apart from that you're spot on, keep it up chap.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
so your real problem is refugees? part of the package of joining the front-rank of 'leading advanced western nations' is that you have a humanitarian onus, as well. you can't hog all the wealth being given to you by china and asia's rising and then turn away refugees or the needy. jesus look at your own continental history. how can you have a problem with refugees? i'm sure it's crippling australia.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Where did I say turn away the needy? We take ten times as many refugees as the UK, hush now.

I've said we need control of the borders and to be able to decide in an orderly and democratic manner who should be allowed in and who shouldn't, not just let anyone who buys a boat trip and copy-pastes a sob-story stroll to the front of the queue, displacing bona fide refugees, we've let in enough criminals and terrorists already that way.

That being said we are under no duty to 'share the wealth' any more than you personally are, this isn't an outpost of Soviet Russia.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
sharing the wealth and giving humanitarian aid/safe haven for refugees are not the same thing. i am not proposing a levied tax to give immigrants plush housing. it generally tends to be standard fare for advanced western countries to give aid and help to the less fortunate. we may take less refugees than you (now at this particular historical juncture), but how much money do australia give to india and pakistan in aid? you could pursue this fatuous line of argument for a long time. the important thing is to 'do your part'. your rhetoric suggests you would rather not.

and yes, i imagine you have "let in enough criminals and terrorists". you are a nation FOUNDED by them. i always get confused when immigrant-colonial nations get uppity about more immigrants. YOUR ENTIRE SUCCESS HAS BEEN BUILT ON THEM. at least america aren't twisting themselves up the wall with bizarre mental contortions on the subject. australia is very strange.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard