Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Some pictures from gay pride rallies in Moscow and St. Petersburg in 2013, and 2012.
https://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr01/2013/7/22/13/enhanced-buzz-6570-1374515202-26.jpg
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/photos-f … eds-to-see

Currently Russia is one of the few places outside of the middle east and Africa that still criminalizes gay behavior.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/53/World_homosexuality_laws.svg

What kind of modern country has such repressive policies towards sexual minorities? Even China is a better place for gay people to live. Just another reason to avoid Russia like the plague.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
russia is not "a modern country". that's the answer to your question. it's a peasant country that has never transitioned, except for a few crony-capitalists and oligarchs who literally either got given everything on a political-plate or ruthlessly murdered their way through a mafia underworld to achieve their wealth. it is not "a modern country" by any definition. human rights, gay equality, etc. do not exist.

i am surprised this topic has come up under 'gay people'. the biggest problem in russia is racism. towards people from the caucasus as well as (especially) people from the middle-east/africa. russia has more skinheads and neo-nazis than any other state right now. we had this discussion a while ago, with greece and their growing far-right. russia is a continual skinhead shithole, economic crash or not.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I have no idea what your map means, Macbeth. Any legend for the colors?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

light blue to dark blue = levels of same sex relationships that are recognized as legally equivalent to marriage. light blue being civil unions recognized while dark blue means gay marriage is legal.

yellow to red= homosexuality is illegal in some measure. Yellow = illegal to promote it, red= death for gays.

grey= no laws regarding either.

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-07-24 19:38:33)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Light blue? What? I didn't think homosexual civil unions were legal in all states.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6723|Toronto, ON
I have 1 gay Russian friend.  One of the nicest fellows ever.  He says there's quite a bit of racism in Russia.  Especially towards their own (Russia has many different racial "sects" I should say).

Surprisingly, they are quite receptive to Asian folks according to him.  Don't know why.  He made some joke about Mongolians ruling them.
Alpha as fuck.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

According to wikipedia, who made the map, they are using the federal government's stances as the national basement level.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

From what I have read there is a lot of resentment against wealthy Asian men from China going to Russia and taking back white Russian women with them since the girls want out and China doesn't produce enough females.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Macbeth wrote:

From what I have read there is a lot of resentment against wealthy Asian men from China going to Russia and taking back white Russian women with them since the girls want out and China doesn't produce enough females.
china is giving out scholarships like candy to africans and russians to study.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6723|Toronto, ON

Macbeth wrote:

Interesting, tell me more about these Russian women.

I bet you they are taller than the men.
Alpha as fuck.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Cybargs wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

What does that have to do with my post?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Macbeth wrote:

According to wikipedia, who made the map, they are using the federal government's stances as the national basement level.
How are they doing that for the US when they've colored it by state? Are you sure light blue means what you said it did?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

National basement level. States can go higher than the federal government which is why some are dark blue.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Macbeth wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

What does that have to do with my post?
nothing just another random anecdote like yours.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Macbeth wrote:

National basement level. States can go higher than the federal government which is why some are dark blue.
Which is why your map fails. It gives a false representation of the country.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia

Macbeth wrote:

Currently Russia is one of the few places outside of the middle east and Africa that still criminalizes gay behavior.
What kind of modern country has such repressive policies towards sexual minorities?
russia does not criminalize gay behavior and there's no any kind of repressive government policy towards gays. keep chewing on the line o'crap fed to you.

Last edited by Shahter (2013-07-24 22:24:54)

if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6661|Tampa Bay Florida
lol - it's all western propaganda, right?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Spearhead wrote:

lol - it's all western propaganda, right?
no it's all gay propaganda.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/ju … propaganda

The law passed 436-0 on Tuesday, with just one deputy abstaining from voting on the bill, which bans the spreading of "propaganda of non-traditional sexual relations" among minors.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia
@Spearhead: yes, a good example.

i tell you again, there's no any kind of anti-gay state policy in russia. period. all the shit you see on those photoes is the result of violent clashes between certain idiots who decided to have "gay pride parades" and another idiots who went to beat on them. state policies have nothing to do with any of that.

Last edited by Shahter (2013-07-24 22:47:46)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia
what's wrong with banning propaganda? they are not banning gays, just propaganda. they don't want more of those cretins going around throwing their supposed homosexuality in everybody's face like it's something special. again, what's wrong with that?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Shahter wrote:

what's wrong with banning propaganda? they are not banning gays, just propaganda. they don't want more of those cretins going around throwing their supposed homosexuality in everybody's face like it's something special. again, what's wrong with that?
define gay propaganda.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia

Cybargs wrote:

Shahter wrote:

define gay propaganda.
there's law. it's been passed it's in writing and available to you, along with google translate.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Shahter wrote:

Ummmm.....

You know they also banned gay tourists from the US and Europe right?

Anyway, it's pretty bad, and your country is an embarrassment to the rest of the developed world right now.  The fact that you are oblivious to that makes it 10 times worse, as it shows these kinds of laws have popular support.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6746|Moscow, Russia

Spearhead wrote:

You know they also banned gay tourists from the US and Europe right?
there's nothing about that in the law. another bullshit.

Anyway, it's pretty bad, and your country is an embarrassment to the rest of the developed world right now.  The fact that you are oblivious to that makes it 10 times worse, as it shows these kinds of laws have popular support.
oh, so you've nothing to say after all. well, fuck off then.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/photos-f … eds-to-see

Photographic evidence in direct contradiction of what you just said.

I do not consider you to be a reliable source

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard