unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Played a bit of 4 today. Damn the cars control like ass. I wonder if there's a speed lock somewhere for the keyboard so I don't have to constantly hear vehicles rev up and down as I tap forward to go at the speed I want.
bennisboy
+829|6617|Poundland
Handle fine on consoles!
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
The mouse and keyboard seems to be better on foot according to some people I've heard, but the controller is superior for driving, mostly because of all the fine input that it gives you.  Personally I hate the M/KB feel of this game and just use the controller on the PC

Last edited by _j5689_ (2013-07-13 05:26:06)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire

bennisboy wrote:

Handle fine on consoles!
no they dont
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6652|Disaster Free Zone
Whats wrong with how the cars handle in 4?

Seems fine to me.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
they were heavier and more 'realistic'. i liked it. people seemed to want it to be arcade style gta3 swerving all over again.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

_j5689_ wrote:

The mouse and keyboard seems to be better on foot according to some people I've heard, but the controller is superior for driving, mostly because of all the fine input that it gives you.  Personally I hate the M/KB feel of this game and just use the controller on the PC
Yeah m/k is fine for on foot but absolute shit for driving. Saints Row 3 put some thought into it at least and gave us a throttle freeze/cruise control key so it didn't sound like we were being driven around by a 16-year-old girl.

vvvvVVVRRRrr-vvvvVVVRRRrr-vvvvVVVRRRrr-vvvvVVVRRRrr-vvvvVVVRRRrr

Yes, I found myself reaching for the gamepad to drive. I wonder if it has a force feedback profile like Mafia did? I'd use my Sidewinder.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6680|England. Stoke
Mafia has by far the best system it had "cruise control" and you easily switch between using a gamepad when driving and m+kb for when you were on foot.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
they went too far with the steering
Chou
+737|6761
Playing IV on the 360 in HD and it looks shiiit.. grainy as fuck.
Hell if they can make 5 look better than RDR, I will be content but I have my doubts seeing the size and demands of 5.
bennisboy
+829|6617|Poundland

RTHKI wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Handle fine on consoles!
no they dont
They do if you drive properly
bennisboy
+829|6617|Poundland

Chou wrote:

Hell if they can make 5 look better than RDR, I will be content but I have my doubts seeing the size and demands of 5.
I thought RDR looked good.
IV didn't have the best graphics, but didn't have the worse either. Could be thing of a different game, but can't you turn the grainy filter off in one of the option menus?

GTA has never been about the graphics though
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
im not sure youve driven a car
Chou
+737|6761

bennisboy wrote:

Chou wrote:

I thought RDR looked good.
IV didn't have the best graphics, but didn't have the worse either. Could be thing of a different game, but can't you turn the grainy filter off in one of the option menus?

GTA has never been about the graphics though
GTA 4 in SD looked fine - HD looked like PS1. RDR looked better.
No grainy filter nor was it a filter issue.
I do read they improved the RAGE engine for 5 regarding draw distance but I also care about the shadows not looking like worn out bandages in HD

I still think this game should have been made for next gen.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6602|New Hampshire, USA
I can definitely see the technical advantages if making the game for the next gen, however, I'm quite glad they aren't. Personally, I won't be shelling out hundreds of dollars for a new console that is just laden with the same shitty, modern AAA titles that I've come to hate. It's a true shame because I really used to enjoy my consoles
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
developing such a huge high-budget game for the new console is restricting of their potential sales, too... everyone has to upgrade to the new console and have faith in it first; the year-one 'console wars' have to be fought, and stable markets have to be established. i'm sure both new consoles will be massive, but i'm not surprised they're designing this one for the home-crowd.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I love how contrived GTA4 is with its missions. Get into a fist fight with someone on the roof, after taking their knife away. They walk over to the BIG breakable window over the convenient drop into the water and tell me to leave alone. There they stayed. Got on the phone, called Roman. No pick-up. Got back into the car with Roman and drove off like halfway across the city. Looked on the map. Still an enemy blip and the mission status hasn't changed. Drove back and the Albanian asshole was still standing there, coy fucker, by the big breakable window telling me to leave him alone. So I push his ass out and Niko acts all regretful telling himself that he promised not to kill anyone in America. PRECISELY MY THOUGHTS.

Alternatively, the game is detailed enough to where if you ignore Roman's call that leads to that mess (like not even pick up at all), he calls you later and you pick him up at the hospital and then gets on your case for being unfaithful to family. :facepalm:

This game sure likes to pick and choose its alternatives.

I am really hoping that the mission tree is a bit more detailed in GTA5.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
i don't get why given the choice of a) stabbing someone to death, b) throwing someone out of a window or c) going for a drive with fucking roman, you'd pick C
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Because the shitty Albanian says "don't kill me" so my first thought is "ok, my guy probably doesn't want new world police on his ass so soon" so I leave, thinking it would trigger an end to the mission. Silly.

Too bad you can't just pack Roman in a box and ship him to Abu Dhabi.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

My point is that it gives you the idea that you have a choice in the matter even as the guy you're supposed to take care of conveniently hobbles over to the big convenient window to be pushed out of. It lets you walk away but keeps you tucked into mission limbo forever with characters giving you the silent treatment like a scorned housewife, and then suddenly erupting into dialog the moment you finish it. Feels contrived and incomplete.

I'd prefer the game to have "KILL THIS ALBANIAN SCUMBAG" pop up in front of me so I at least know that it's inevitable, but it would still be hard to sympathize with Niko's "new start" plight afterwards.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I'd prefer the game to have "KILL THIS ALBANIAN SCUMBAG" pop up in front of me so I at least know that it's inevitable, but it would still be hard to sympathize with Niko's "new start" plight afterwards.
I'd prefer if the devs would spend a little more time to come up with multiple, alternative solutions to your quests and missions.
Including non-violent ones.

GTA should really be turned into an RPG game.
And by that, I don't mean eating burgers till you puke and later go to the gym to go thin again.

They should never have ditched the 'respect is everything' feature from GTA2.
It actually had an impact if you randomly killed one faction.
bennisboy
+829|6617|Poundland

Last edited by bennisboy (2013-08-17 02:10:59)

jsnipy
+3,276|6493|...

lol comment on YouTube ...

"bocajbee 7 minutes ago

When this game comes out, teenage pregnancy will fall."
Cisse
+63|4339
pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
bennisboy
+829|6617|Poundland
You reckon they'll be releasing this for the PS4 as well?

Seems weird to have a game that they're planning on continuously updating when we're so close to the next gen release

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard