jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Reparations for OJ
13rin
+977|6480
Wasn't a race thing.  Zimmerman was a volunteer for minority based charities.  Don't fall for the NBCBSMBCLIKEMYSONARPTON race baiting.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
13rin
+977|6480

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

like i said, i don't care about the trial, though it sucks for his parents and family. i'm just glad i don't live in a state where that sort of thing is okay. hell, i'm glad i live on a continent where gun-crime isn't really even a thing you have to worry about. but yes, an eye-opener. florida's legal system is... interesting.
Honestly, he should have never been charged.  Z's still fucked.  Someone will off him.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England

13rin wrote:

Wasn't a race thing.  Zimmerman was a volunteer for minority based charities.  Don't fall for the NBCBSMBCLIKEMYSONARPTON race baiting.
Of course it's a race thing. What if the tables had turned and it was a stand-up, middle class black man that was trailing a troubled white teenager, got his ass kicked, pulled out a gun, and shot him? He would get life in prison. Why? Because he's black so he's inherently violent. Zimmerman saw a black kid, assumed he was a perp, and trailed him. Would he have done the same to a white kid? No.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6739|Toronto | Canada

Isn't Zimmerman hispanic? Why is this constantly a black vs white issue in the media?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5358|London, England
Because he has a German surname.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Was there evidence it was a race thing?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6739|Toronto | Canada

Every media article I've seen about it plays the race card
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Every media article I've seen about it plays the race card
True, I would speculate the media makes more money when its a race thing. Its unfortunate. Good thing media != courts.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5179|Sydney
So Zimmerman gets let off for stalking a kid and then killing him but this woman gets 20 years for firing warning shots.

A Florida woman who fired warning shots against her allegedly abusive husband has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Marissa Alexander of Jacksonville had said the state's "Stand Your Ground" law should apply to her because she was defending herself against her allegedly abusive husband when she fired warning shots inside her home in August 2010. She told police it was to escape a brutal beating by her husband, against whom she had already taken out a protective order.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-574 … ing-shots/

Justice prevails...
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida
Same metropolitan area that let Casey anthony off the hook.  Ive never *liked Orlando.... stuck in perpetual disney lala land.

Last edited by Spearhead (2013-07-13 20:27:31)

13rin
+977|6480

Jay wrote:

13rin wrote:

Of course it's a race thing. What if the tables had turned and it was a stand-up, middle class black man that was trailing a troubled white teenager, got his ass kicked, pulled out a gun, and shot him? He would get life in prison. Why? Because he's black so he's inherently violent. Zimmerman saw a black kid, assumed he was a perp, and trailed him. Would he have done the same to a white kid? No.
Zimmerman wasn't white.
This is why it went racial.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012/03 … lice-tape/

Spearhead wrote:

Same metropolitan area that let Casey anthony off the hook.  Ive never *liked Orlando.... stuck in perpetual disney lala land.
Casey aside...  but yea.  That beyond a reasonable doubt really sucks eh?
Grab some rope and head on over.. Hop on the I-4 and get some.

Jaekass wrote:

So Zimmerman gets let off for stalking a kid and then killing him but this woman gets 20 years for firing warning shots.

A Florida woman who fired warning shots against her allegedly abusive husband has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.

Marissa Alexander of Jacksonville had said the state's "Stand Your Ground" law should apply to her because she was defending herself against her allegedly abusive husband when she fired warning shots inside her home in August 2010. She told police it was to escape a brutal beating by her husband, against whom she had already taken out a protective order.

Justice prevails...
Herp derp.... Well then, start a new thread about it dipshit.  It would be about mandatory sentencing, not Zimmerman.

Last edited by 13rin (2013-07-13 20:47:37)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

Jay wrote:

If you didn't secede, you ain't the south. Oklahoma wasn't even a state for another 46 years.
according to your own government, oklahoma is considered the south

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_United_States

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f3/Modern_Map_of_the_Southern_United_States.png
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
13rin
+977|6480
I got me a colored map from teh wikiopedias.  I'm right!

OK ain't the South.  Sorry.  But to you story, racism is everywhere.  I've lived in all corners of the US from FL to AK.  It's there in some form or fashion.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6717

13rin wrote:

OK ain't the South.  Sorry.  But to you story, racism is everywhere.  I've lived in all corners of the US from FL to AK.  It's there in some form or fashion.
Oklahoma isn't the south... right... guess all those rednecks flying the conderate flag and yelling how the south will rise again. yeah totally not southern hick redneck country.

yeah im sure the us census is full of shit too.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jaekus
+957|5179|Sydney

Brine wrote:

Herp derp.... Well then, start a new thread about it dipshit.  It would be about mandatory sentencing, not Zimmerman.
I'm not surprised you're this dense.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6780|Great Brown North

Jaekus wrote:

Justice prevails...
warning shots
13rin
+977|6480

Cybargs wrote:

13rin wrote:

Oklahoma isn't the south... right... guess all those rednecks flying the conderate flag and yelling how the south will rise again. yeah totally not southern hick redneck country.

yeah im sure the us census is full of shit too.
It is.. And so are you.
13rin
+977|6480

Jaekus wrote:

Brine wrote:

I'm not surprised you're this dense.
I'm not surprised you don't understand US let alone Florida Law.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6690|Tampa Bay Florida
When you live in FL, south means Cuba.  North means every other state.
Roc18
`
+655|5791|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Good now I dont have to hear about this overblown case anymore.
13rin
+977|6480

Spearhead wrote:

When you live in FL, south means Cuba.  North means every other state.
Dunno about that,.  I'd cut it from Texas through North Carolina and perhaps south Virginia....
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5586

tampa seems like any other NE city. have only seen the suburbs and downtown so idk.
13rin
+977|6480

Macbeth wrote:

tampa seems like any other NE city. have only seen the suburbs and downtown so idk.
I lived there.  More of a mini Atlanta feel or perhaps mini Baltimore than New York City....

@mac
Check out St Pete/Largo/Clearwater area...  Treasure island is badass too.  I'd +1 you again if I could.  You'll love it.  I need to get back down there.  Gonna stab at law school first...

Last edited by 13rin (2013-07-13 21:45:39)

Jaekus
+957|5179|Sydney
Fascinating. Keep us updated.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard