Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
You know Tony Abbott is shit when Malcom Fraser - a former Liberal PM over three terms - joins with the Greens to campaign against him.

Malcolm Fraser to campaign with Greens
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
I wouldn't say campaigning for the Greens is really campaigning against anyone else though.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
You can think what you like. I prefer to go with what Fraser has said himself, which is he doesn't want the current LNP party to control the Senate if they gain government.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Oldie but a goodie.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/603211_382101501862606_900652680_n.jpg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

It's funny but Fraser wouldn't be the first to move far left after being a right winger most of his life.

It's like they reflect back on their sins in shame.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

Joe Hockey likes Nickelback...

Interesting the backlash over the ad poking fun at Julie Collins' stammering in an interview. Stuttering support groups have slammed it for suggesting that a speech impediment reflects on ability.

I don't think Collins has a stutter, (as in an actual speech impediment,) the scene is a few second of a politician being tongue-tied. It's a cheap and pointless shot. But coming from the Liberal Party it seems a bit much. When Tony Abbott stammers and says "um" and "ah" more than pretty much any politician in existence it seems hugely hypocritical. And let's not even mention, (okay let's mention, it's funny,) his 27 seconds of bizarre silent nodding when he was asked to explain his "shit happens' comment.

Joe Hockey bitched and moaned saying that Labor put out tasteless adds about them too. While that's not incorrect it's a pretty childish argument and reflects on the state of Australia politics. "He did it! Why can't I!?"

But firstly Joe, Labor wasn't objecting to it, a support group was.
Secondly, I don't think any Labor ads have criticised any LNP people in a way that could be seen to mock those with a disability. Not yet anyway.
And thirdly, you like Nickelback.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS

AussieReaper wrote:

It's funny but Fraser wouldn't be the first to move far left after being a right winger most of his life.

It's like they reflect back on their sins in shame.
it really isn't that simple
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

Ty wrote:

But firstly Joe, Labor wasn't objecting to it, a support group was.
Secondly, I don't think any Labor ads have criticised any LNP people in a way that could be seen to mock those with a disability. Not yet anyway.
And thirdly, you like Nickelback.
And fourthly, he's Joe Hockey.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
https://images.theage.com.au/2013/05/03/4241629/Ed_issues_wide_20130503100741689317-620x349.jpg
Bitches
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Wait, isn't the United Australia Party dead?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

It's now the Palmer United Party, Clive had to change the name.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I want my ether
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Rudd now has ALP in prime position to win Federal Election as Labor gains again. ALP 54.5% (up 3%) cf. L-NP 45.5% (down 3%).

This week’s Morgan Poll, the third since Kevin Rudd became Prime Minister, shows another significant swing to the ALP. The ALP 54.5% (up 3% since last week’s multi-mode Morgan Poll of June 28-30, 2013) is now further ahead of the L-NP 45.5% (down 3%) on a two-party preferred basis.

The ALP primary vote is 41.5% (up 2%), ahead of the L-NP primary vote at 39.5% (down 1%).

Among the minor parties Greens support is 8.5% (unchanged) and support for Independents/ Others is 10.5% (down 1%) – including within that support for Katter’s Australian Party of 1.5% and support for the Palmer United Party of 1.5%.

If a Federal Election were held today the ALP would win comfortably according to this weekend’s multi-mode Morgan Poll on Federal voting intention with an Australia-wide cross-section of 3,521 Australian electors aged 18+.
https://www.roymorgan.com.au/~/media/Files/Morgan%20Poll/2013/July/5018-vote-2pp.JPG?h=488&w=800
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
was selecting gillard an eleborate ruse by labour to be in power for 3 terms in a row?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Spark
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS

Jaekus wrote:

Rudd now has ALP in prime position to win Federal Election as Labor gains again. ALP 54.5% (up 3%) cf. L-NP 45.5% (down 3%).

This week’s Morgan Poll, the third since Kevin Rudd became Prime Minister, shows another significant swing to the ALP. The ALP 54.5% (up 3% since last week’s multi-mode Morgan Poll of June 28-30, 2013) is now further ahead of the L-NP 45.5% (down 3%) on a two-party preferred basis.

The ALP primary vote is 41.5% (up 2%), ahead of the L-NP primary vote at 39.5% (down 1%).

Among the minor parties Greens support is 8.5% (unchanged) and support for Independents/ Others is 10.5% (down 1%) – including within that support for Katter’s Australian Party of 1.5% and support for the Palmer United Party of 1.5%.

If a Federal Election were held today the ALP would win comfortably according to this weekend’s multi-mode Morgan Poll on Federal voting intention with an Australia-wide cross-section of 3,521 Australian electors aged 18+.
no one takes morgan face-to-face/mixed seriously (dodgy methodology) buuuut

GhostWhoVotes @GhostWhoVotes
#Newspoll 2 Party Preferred: ALP 50 (+1) L/NP 50 (-1) #auspol
state by state breakdowns would probably see labor win with that.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Rudd would be insufferable if he won, Abbott would be insufferable full stop.
I see much beer in my future.
Spark
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS
i have to wonder what the fuck the libs have been doing for three years - surely they have to have been planning for this possibility and thus far they're giving rudd the mother of all free rides. not in their wildest dreams would krudd and co have dreamed of getting such a smooth ride first up from the opposition.
~ Richard Feynman
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Apparently Abbott is obsessed and paranoid about polls. This makes me smile :-)

Also, why does Slipper get raked over the coals for misspending $900 but Abbott doesn't nearly get the same treatment for misspending $9,000?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Like I said, while they were plotting Gillards demise they should have been plotting Abbott's.
Stupid is as stupid does.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Turnbull will let Abbott take the fall, replace him as leader of the opposition, rebuild his shadow cabinet and focus on the next election. It's still winnable now if he became leader very soon but I really can't see that happening.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
There may not be a country left in three years if Labor get in again though.
Spark
+874|6644|Canberra, AUS
lol
~ Richard Feynman
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Dilbert_X wrote:

dailymail.co.uk
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

Dilbert_X wrote:

Record low interest rates, high dollar, paying less tax, taking home more pay than at any time in the previous ten years and low unemployment. Sounds terrible circumstances to continue under.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Jaekus wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Record low interest rates, high dollar, paying less tax, taking home more pay than at any time in the previous ten years and low unemployment. Sounds terrible circumstances to continue under.
i dont think low interest rates are necessarily a good thing tbh. look what happened to america post 2008.

edit: and the RBA is independent of what the government does.

Last edited by Cybargs (2013-07-08 19:22:23)

https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard