Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6722|Toronto, ON

Kampframmer wrote:

Nyte wrote:

I most likely suck at these anyway because I have a habit of not training my weak ass legs.
This guy
This girl
Alpha as fuck.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...
I find pullups on rings to be easy tbh. Same for muscle ups.

There's no real secret or difficulty to getting great at pullups, just frequency. Smaller, lighter people with shorter arms will get better at it quickly too because of the decreased ROM and weight that needs to be pulled.

As for programming, this is pretty much perfect if done 4-5x a week (throw in some variety, sometimes pullups, then chin ups etc).

https://skeletov.net/forum/attachments/1_15.jpg

Same rules for pullups as pushups, ROM counts. Head above the bar up top and down all the way till either deadhang or just before it. I've seen so many people claim 20+ pullups and 80+ pushups while having terrible, terrible form.
inane little opines
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6722|Toronto, ON
How do I interpret that chart?  For each week I only do 5 sets of those mentioned reps?
Alpha as fuck.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...
What you're seeing is 1 training session, so 5 sets of the mentioned reps 4-5x a week. Do note that rest in between sets will have to increase as you get better, though I'd say ~2 mins between sets is about the max.

Last edited by Shocking (2013-06-28 10:25:08)

inane little opines
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6722|Toronto, ON

Shocking wrote:

What you're seeing is 1 training session, so 5 sets of the mentioned reps 4-5x a week. Do note that rest in between sets will have to increase as you get better, though I'd say ~2 mins between sets is about the max.
Hmm, that seems a little bit relaxed.  Is it possible to do the 5 sets every 2-3 days instead of a week?
Alpha as fuck.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.

Nyte wrote:

Shocking wrote:

Hmm, that seems a little bit relaxed.  Is it possible to do the 5 sets every 2-3 days instead of a week?

Shocking wrote:

so 5 sets of the mentioned reps 4-5x a week
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6722|Toronto, ON
Ohhh, my bad, misread.
Alpha as fuck.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney

Shocking wrote:

either do the program or don't, it doesn't really work if you just pick and choose whatever you like about whichever program. Sometimes when volume training no longer works it's best to cut down and vice versa. It's totally possible that if you're stuck on a lift which you're doing 2-3 times a week on a full body workout routine you'll improve once you dedicate a day to that lift as your main excersise and cut down to once a week.

That said, on 5/3/1, I hit 200kg dead (raw, no belt, no straps & double overhanded) in record time. Gonna do a 2 month reset now and focus on explosiveness before continuing to 230 more slowly.

as for top of the page, ghay.
Hang on, you're telling me to not modify the program but then offer a suggestion to modify it. I'm confused.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...
531 has 1 day for each of the 'major lifts'. So no, I didn't tell you to modify it, just to do it as it's written. Not just the deadlift part, but all of it. What I stated is just a general rule tbh.
inane little opines
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Ah ok, I had not looked into 5/3/1 yet as I've been busy. I had just thought it was a certain set protocol, like 5x5 or RPT. Lately I've changed up to Romanian DLs instead of regular DLs.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Turns out changing the reps on deadlifts is actually recommended after some email correspondence and me not reading the FAQ. So I will now change it to 3x5, keeping the rest to 3x8.
baggs
+732|6174
my raw upper body strength is fucking INSANE!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
so why did four chan hound that scooby youtube guy off the internet? the other day he posted a video saying he was retiring for good and taking everything he has off the internet. just saw it over at motherboard. what the fuck? even i know who that guy is, and i'm hardly a fitness freak. he was like the oldest fitness channel ON youtube. why would 4chan troll and terrorise a 50-something dude that just hands out free fitness advice to chair-bound neckbeards and losers?

is this just a jealousy thing from the hardcore 4chan black-gay contingent that love the hodgetwins?
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
What, really? That's pretty lame. Scooby has said some bad things in the past, like you shouldn't eat egg yolks, though I think he since backflipped on that one and on the whole he has good advice for people and good intentions. I'm surprised he'd even pay attention to a site that lacks any relevance for anything other than superficial amusement at best.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6281

I think someone posted on 4chan where he works and maybe where he lives. Some douche's need to prove that the internet isn't completely anonymous.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Wow, what a mature way to show your confidence in wordly affairs.

Some people should've been the load that was swallowed.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Jaekus wrote:

What, really? That's pretty lame. Scooby has said some bad things in the past, like you shouldn't eat egg yolks, though I think he since backflipped on that one and on the whole he has good advice for people and good intentions. I'm surprised he'd even pay attention to a site that lacks any relevance for anything other than superficial amusement at best.
some 4channers eager to impress their dribbling concave-chested friends turned up outside his actual house, and took some photographs. scooby, being a 50-something dude who probably isn't aware of the 4chan m.o., got really spooked. he literally moved his entire family to a different family home and changed all of his contact details. that's fucked up. 4chan is pathetic.
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

is this just a jealousy thing from the hardcore 4chan black-gay contingent that love the hodgetwins?
lol
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
And I looked more into this situation. Looks like scooby was a regular poster on /fit/ and people were warning him over a year ago that this would happen.

http://www.askscooby.com/off-topic/mess … fit-4chan/

There are idiots out there that actually called his boss and called them a faggot and called his house and threatened to kill him. Classic 4chan going too far.

Last edited by Roc18 (2013-07-27 16:12:28)

Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
I've only heard about 4chan, other than some pics some of my friends share on facebook once a month or so, but it seems to be a breeding ground for losers.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX
https://i.imgur.com/XSzsQV6.png
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Don't cats live on primarily protein anyway? Seems stupid.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
They're actually weight plates.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/1098237_562075763829667_863298643_n.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
think someone mentioned that before
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
Legggssss

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard