M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6219|Escea

Odd, I thought Drone Strike was the first DLC. Or was that fake?

https://static.cdn.ea.com/battlelog/prod/61d099d23fe104fe673091d470c96970/en_US/blog/en/files/2013/05/China_Rising_key_art-447x618.jpg?v=1369180213.89

Interesting to see if you'll get to fly those H-6 bombers.

Also, MP footage on June 10.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2013-05-23 09:39:23)

The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6741|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark
Would be nice if they brought the old zip wire and grappling hook idea back, like in BF2:SF. Really enjoyed that idea and it was something new and different.
thepilot91
+64|6233|Åland!

M.O.A.B wrote:

would love that, but I'm guessing not...wouldnt ssuprise me if they toom away jets totally (atleast , playercontrolled )
thepilot91
+64|6233|Åland!

EA wrote:

BEHOLD FROSTBITE 3!!!!! ENHANCED SUNGLARE AND EYEDAMAGES FOR EVERYONE!!!!!!!
https://blogscdn.battlefield.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Destruction_01.jpg

yay...

Last edited by thepilot91 (2013-05-23 13:10:38)

Cisse
+63|4365
it's dead cool when dlc gets announced and the main game isn't even fuckin out yet

Last edited by Cisse (2013-05-23 14:49:31)

pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6219|Escea

Some info on that survey that was sent around. Take with a grain of salt of course, but there could be a slim possibility of a co-op based dino survival mode.
thepilot91
+64|6233|Åland!
gameplay was horrible and graphix were bad, but some of the quotes and replies he made were descent.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6219|Escea

Just saw some MP footage on the live stream. Looks awesome, except the sound conked out for most of the video -.-

Seems to have 6-man squads again.

O.O a damn skyscraper just collapsed, one you could get into.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2013-06-10 14:01:42)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

thepilot91 wrote:

gameplay was horrible and graphix were bad, but some of the quotes and replies he made were descent.
Descent was a 90's game.
thepilot91
+64|6233|Åland!

M.O.A.B wrote:

Just saw some MP footage on the live stream. Looks awesome, except the sound conked out for most of the video -.-

Seems to have 6-man squads again.

O.O a damn skyscraper just collapsed, one you could get into.
I nearly killed my self when I realised people on tablets will be able to fucking play commander...I was relly kinda disapointed troughout (yeah I should never gotten my hopes up)

they speak of holy gameplay instead of graphics and all I see is WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAH TAKE OUT THE TANK (on this one part of the map where its possible) WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAH take out the chopper wich isnt doing anything but waiting for the retarded console noob to get his aim right for 2 FUCKING years, WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH skyscraper...and again ...the one place and building, thats really gonna make gameplay better, I just fucking hate the complete faggot in glasses (yes I know he runs the whole shitfactory)
and just started hating him a bit more for showcaseing (spelling?) on a fucking tablet , jesus I bet that ugly fuck doesnt even know the defenition of gameplay aswell as it took him a good while to push the button after being told to...

And yeah I can kinda see its a fun thing and a perfect format for the commander role BUT,BUTT BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTT , how retarded are you if you put one of the/the one KEY-FUCKING-ROLES in a game PLAYABLE for someone who doesnt know what a videogame is?!?!?!??!?!?

also I'm not sure DU but it seemd it was a 5 man squad (commander in the squad?) and the rest would be 4-man , since there were 8 squad slots on the commander screen? , not sure but I wouldnt be surprised ...but trust me I really DO want those 6man squads!

Which reminds me of the things they said before the footage "Only battlefield will be able to give you the 64 man MP experience" (or similar) ...And they're releasing it for PS3 & XBOX360 aswell , assumingly still 24? 32? max

the sad thing is tho...I probably still buy it because I'm too curious...
thepilot91
+64|6233|Åland!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

thepilot91 wrote:

Descent was a 90's game.
förlåt I'm ganska bad på english
GullyFoyle
+25|5383
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

I never played the PC version. Did it have tracers in it? ON the consoles they didn't.

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-06-10 21:06:05)

13/f/taiwan
+940|5695

M.O.A.B wrote:

lol

it's nice to see the video game industry and military industrial complex/US state dept. working together to achieve their own twisted goals.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6687|Devon, England

Loving the tab integration.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6320|Graz, Austria
BF4 probably also has PRISM built in, so the NSA get's their share too.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

take it to debate and serious talk
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6219|Escea

Longer version with more footage.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida
I wonder if what the Chinese will think of this game.  Didn't they ban BF2?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6219|Escea

Spearhead wrote:

I wonder if what the Chinese will think of this game.  Didn't they ban BF2?
Dunno. The Iranians banned 3. Not sure about 2.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6686|Tampa Bay Florida
As long as they fix the multiplayer and make it marginally better than BF3 multiplayer I will buy this game. Not expecting it to be better than BF2, ofc.  But until I do I'm just going to rent it.  I really hope that for the consoles they fix the framerate so that it stays at 60 fps, REGARDLESS of how high the settings are.  And I also hope they have at least 32 players in one server.  So steady framerate and 32 players.  Don't need 40 or 60, most of the time I played BF2 was with 32 and it was fine, especially on medium size maps. 

Ive got to say I do like how they presented the multiplayer.  Instead of just doing cuts of 5 seconds IN YO FACE stuff with BF3 they actually went through everything to give you a taste.  That being said I really do hope they do not do too many urban maps.  This Shanghai one looks like a combination of Aftermath, Close Quarters and Metro.  So its cool that they're finally doing that, I just don't want half the maps to have skyscrapers.

Last edited by Spearhead (2013-06-11 08:21:11)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6219|Escea

I like how they implemented things like elevators though, like they did in SF.
GeoEnvi
+22|6683|Philadelphia, PA
They had me at "Commander Mode"
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6687|Devon, England

M.O.A.B wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ro2IgoUYu0

Longer version with more footage.
The first clip was definitely on PC.
Sup3r_Dr4gon
Boat sig is not there anymore
+214|6324|Australia
A few things have me worried about commander mode:
The fact that assets are tied to individual flags, rather then structures in an armies main base, meaning that the missile strikes and such can only work when your team has the flag. This seems kind of dumb, as if a team is getting smashed, hobbling the commander won't improve their situation.
I understand that they want incentives to capture a particular flag beyond "it gets me points" but they already did this in BF2 with vehicle spawns - Outpost in Jalalabad spawned a tank if under US control. The central flag in Zatar spawned the only attack chopper. Gas station in Tampa spawned an AA vehicle. The fighter, bomber and attack chopper each had their own flags on Clean Sweep. Getting these flags gave tangible benefits to the player on the ground.
Also, The map is still shit - black, white and grey with the player icons being glowing blobs that melt into one another. And it doesn't seem to let you go in all the way for a live, color, top down view on full zoom. Though in the commander video it seems like you got a screen showing you the view from a particular player, which is kind of neat, but I can't see it being of any use unless you have in-game VOIP.

I'm also kind of nervous about the unlocks - they might still implement the awful system where you have fuck all to start with and are at a major disadvantage to other players. Though you'll probably be able to spend 5 bucks to get them straight off the bat.

Still haven't seen anything which makes this a day 1 purchase.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard