+382|4224

Spearhead wrote:

Actually all of China is pretty much becoming a metropolitan area
https://www.china-mike.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/china_major_cities.png

dat american geography
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
And 4/5ths of those cities are going to have 10 million or more population in the next 20 years

Reading comprehension ftl

Or are you really so fucking arrogant as to think I've never heard of the gobi desert?  mac asked about cities you retard
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Spearhead wrote:

And 4/5ths of those cities are going to have 10 million or more population in the next 20 years

Reading comprehension ftl

Or are you really so fucking arrogant as to think I've never heard of the gobi desert?  mac asked about cities you retard
"actually all of china is pretty much becoming a metropolitan area". reading comprehension? i read that. seems most of china is, in fact, not a metropolitan area. the only heavily urbanized areas are the coastal cities that have historically cropped up as important industrial- and trade- hubs with the outside world. the vast majority of mainland, standard china is rural. so how is my reading comprehension failing? "all of china" - "pretty much" - "becoming" - "metropolitan". i humbly defer that, whilst only having 2 degrees on the subject, my semantic understanding is up to the task of understanding this simple sentence.

i think you may like to look at the land-mass.

also most of the gobi desert is in mongolia. the parts of china i am pointing to as being 'non-metropolitan' are not inhospitable desert. it's standard farming land. mountainous regions. river valleys. rice paddies. villages. the usual, you know. not extreme environments. just... not cities.

for the record, about 50% of china's population live in urban areas. half of its population. for comparison, here are a few other modern states:

israel - 91%
australia - 89%
united kingdom - 90%
america - 82%
germany - 75%

here's a few shitholes, to balance it:

russia: 72%
libya - 86%
iraq - 66%
north korea - 63%

so if "pretty much all of china is becoming metropolitan", at a whopping 50%, what does that make the us? the uk? australia? insane cyber-borg 'the matrix' dystopias? russia has been historically regarded as a country that has suffered the systemic structural problems of never having a middle or ruling class. russia went from tsar-feudalism to a failed populism (with mass migration and heavily-managed state planning) to pretty much the same feudalism, only with oil/metal oligarchs instead of an imperial dynasty. russia is always used as the example of a modern state that still has most of its people living as an ill-educated, mystical, peasant underclass. russia has 20% more people living in cities than communist, state-managed, boom-time china.

more people in dustbowl iraq and shithole-starving north korea live in modern cities than in china. i guess china is just becoming insanely metropolitan".

i say again: lol american geography. please make some more remarks about "reading comprehension". go check an atlas whilst you're feeling smart.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-06-07 02:24:25)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
spearhead fails again
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
spearhead makes really stupid and factually incorrect sweeping statements, recycling fox news, like "we're going to war with syria!" or "china is all metropolitan!", and then gets angry when people just read his posts for what they are. like we're meant to know he was kidding or something. he'll make some asinine points about 'reading comprehension', as if we have actually misread his posts' content.

he also makes references to literary works he has almost guaranteedly never read.

these two factoids establish quite clearly that he has a bottom-level intellect.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
Come on Mac, next question broham! We haven't got all day!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Along with Morocco, these two land locked states are the two last monarchies in Africa.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

nope
13/f/taiwan
+940|5669
i was reading an article about the largest land owners in the world last week and it included those countries. i didn't really pay attention to their names.

Last edited by 13/f/taiwan (2013-06-07 16:15:59)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
Well one's gotta be Lesotho...
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

and the second?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Swaziland. It is Swaziland.

After China, India, and the U.S., this is the fourth most populated country in the world.

After Russia, Canada, China, U.S., Brazil, Australia, and India, this is the 8th largest country in the world.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6712|FUCK UBISOFT

peru
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

No.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Those are two different questions by the way.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
indonesia pop
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Ding. And question two?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Pakistan?
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

spearhead makes really stupid and factually incorrect sweeping statements, recycling fox news, like "we're going to war with syria!" or "china is all metropolitan!", and then gets angry when people just read his posts for what they are. like we're meant to know he was kidding or something. he'll make some asinine points about 'reading comprehension', as if we have actually misread his posts' content.

he also makes references to literary works he has almost guaranteedly never read.

these two factoids establish quite clearly that he has a bottom-level intellect.
Its funny because I've watched probably less than 3 hours of Fox news in my entire life, aside from unavoidable places like the gym or waiting in the doctors room.  You have absolutely no sense of nuance, especially b/c most of the time here you are doing nothing but waving your dick at everyones face.  Of course I wasn't saying "all of China's geographical location on a map is one big city", because of the context of macs question.  You'd have to be a dumbfuck to think that.  I guess I should have said "most of China that is populated is rapidly becoming the largest urban conglemeration area in the world".  But I'm not taking an exam here, or trying to brag about my intellect, whatever you may think.  I was just trying to add something to the topic - world cities/urban areas.  Something like 9/10 Chinese cities with modern skyscrapers were built in the last 20 years and by the end of the century POPULATED CHINA will literally be one big city.  When someone refers to the urbanization of the US, they usually do not refer to Wyoming.  I was not meaning it literally. 

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

israel - 91%
australia - 89%
united kingdom - 90%
america - 82%
germany - 75%

here's a few shitholes, to balance it:

russia: 72%
libya - 86%
iraq - 66%
north korea - 63%

so if "pretty much all of china is becoming metropolitan", at a whopping 50%, what does that make the us? the uk? australia? insane cyber-borg 'the matrix' dystopias? russia has been historically regarded as a country that has suffered the systemic structural problems of never having a middle or ruling class. russia went from tsar-feudalism to a failed populism (with mass migration and heavily-managed state planning) to pretty much the same feudalism, only with oil/metal oligarchs instead of an imperial dynasty. russia is always used as the example of a modern state that still has most of its people living as an ill-educated, mystical, peasant underclass. russia has 20% more people living in cities than communist, state-managed, boom-time china.

more people in dustbowl iraq and shithole-starving north korea live in modern cities than in china. i guess china is just becoming insanely metropolitan".

i say again: lol american geography. please make some more remarks about "reading comprehension". go check an atlas whilst you're feeling smart.
"Becoming".  As in, a state of transformation.  Where did I say that China is more urbanized than Europe or Israel?  Oh, right.  I didnt.  I said it will be in the future.  Thanks for wasting your time.  I swear uzi, you are literally the most condescending prick I have ever encountered, online or irl.  I could go back and look up every stupid ass thing youve said on these forums, but guess what, I dont give a shit about comparing intellects.  For someone as well spoken as yourself, you have an astonishing lack of self awareness sometimes.  FYI I already knew pretty much everything you just posted.  I'm not a fuckin high school dropout.

Last edited by Spearhead (2013-06-09 22:46:53)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

argentina
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
from wikipedia

Urbanization in the People's Republic of China increased in speed following the initiation of the reform and opening policy. By the end of 2012, the mainland of the People's Republic of China had a total urban population of 712 million or 52.6% of the total population, rising from 26% in 1990.
In the long term, China faces increasing urbanization; according to predictions, nearly 70% of the population will live in urban areas by 2035.[citation needed] Over the next two decades China will build 20,000 to 50,000 new skyscrapers and more than 170 cities will require mass transit systems by 2025

Entire population of Europe : 731 million

Urban population in China : 712

China will have more people living in cities in the next 5-10 years than the entire population of europe.

Last edited by Spearhead (2013-06-09 23:09:53)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Spearhead wrote:

Actually all of China is pretty much becoming a metropolitan area
Just give up OK?
Over the next two decades China will build 20,000 to 50,000 new skyscrapers and more than 170 cities will require mass transit systems by 2025
BHP Billiton shares it is then.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-06-10 04:48:51)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

https://i.imgur.com/O7YHW1D.jpg
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5969|...

Spearhead wrote:

from wikipedia

Urbanization in the People's Republic of China increased in speed following the initiation of the reform and opening policy. By the end of 2012, the mainland of the People's Republic of China had a total urban population of 712 million or 52.6% of the total population, rising from 26% in 1990.
In the long term, China faces increasing urbanization; according to predictions, nearly 70% of the population will live in urban areas by 2035.[citation needed] Over the next two decades China will build 20,000 to 50,000 new skyscrapers and more than 170 cities will require mass transit systems by 2025

Entire population of Europe : 731 million

Urban population in China : 712

China will have more people living in cities in the next 5-10 years than the entire population of europe.
Should be noted that 70-80% of those 'city residents' are poor rural migrants massing in the slums and dirty neighbourhoods around the cities. Legally they're not even part of the city and considering their economic/social status 'modern metropolitan' doesn't really apply to them. They're just there to provide very cheap labour in the construction bubble and the economy that has grown around it.

Cybargs wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

Tokyo?
Karachi?
Sao Paulo?
Shanghai?  Actually all of China is pretty much becoming a metropolitan area

Mexico City cheats because its got its own federal district
Chonqing beats shanghai. 30 million people yo.
The 30 million number is the entire chongqing administrative district and not the actual metropolitan area, so no. That's half/less than half that number.
inane little opines

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard