Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6722|Toronto, ON
I went to this pos EDM thing last weekend.  The crowd was great.  The music... was not.

Basically, a bunch of losers I've never heard of:

08:00 pm | MR. WHITE
09:00 pm | 2000 AND ONE
10:00 pm | SUNNERY JAMES & RYAN MARCIANO
11:05 pm | THE MIX
11:15 pm | FEDDE LE GRAND
00:30 am | ERIC PRYDZ
01:45 am | OTTO KNOWS

Eric Prydz was the only one I've heard of and even he sucked shit.  All the tracks they mixed/played were the same thing, hard ass beats with no tune to it.  Probably because of some licensing issues or what not prevented them from actually playing good music.

Otto Knows (another guy I've never heard of) started playing decent stuff in the last 10 minutes... so only 2 tracks.  They were "Zed - Spectrum" and "Sebastian Ingrosso & Alesso - Calling (lose my mind)".  Biggest waste of $140 CAD ever.  I should have saved it up for Digital Dreams which is June 29 and 30 and actually HAS a lineup (Tiesto, Wolfgang Gartner, Dash Berlin, Paul Van Dyk).

What are your experiences at this shitty party?
Alpha as fuck.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

you actually paid $150 for that? yikes. any event where you all have to match with the others there in pressed white uniforms...

you shouldve known.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6722|Toronto, ON

Winston_Churchill wrote:

you actually paid $150 for that? yikes. any event where you all have to match with the others there in pressed white uniforms...

you shouldve known.
I know, biggest ripoff ever.  I hate peer pressure.  Bottled water $4.75???  F that.
Alpha as fuck.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
The only one I know there is fedde le grand, and I couldnt tell you any of their songs. I think they had some naked women in the film clips maybe
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

I thought those Bud Light parties were for lonely people
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Serves you right. And lol if you consider (Tiesto, Wolfgang Gartner, Dash Berlin, Paul Van Dyk) a line up.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
if you didnt at least get laid that was a huge waste of money.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
north americans and their stupid edm festivals.

doing just about every aspect of life wrong.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
Sensation White is good for a couple reasons.

https://thumbpress.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/She-indeed-is-a-Sensation.jpg
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

bad music, bad beer, was it a sausage fest?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Jaekus wrote:

Sensation White is good for a couple reasons.

vacuous chicks who "pop molly", wear day-glo clothes, and scream along to music they have no real interest in, just-because?

you need to go to better clubs/events.
some guys just go for the views i guess..
should check out Burning Man in Nevada if you really want an Experience(so i hear,  round these parts) They've had issues capping the tickets, each year grows more with popularity...
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Actually I'm trying to track down some LSD for this coming long weekend and check out Vivid Sydney again.

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
fuck it looks so good im gonna miss it been to it every year with my girlfriend and missing out this year sigh.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
I went on Sunday night for my first time, it was awesome.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Jaekus wrote:

Actually I'm trying to track down some LSD for this coming long weekend and check out Vivid Sydney again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hKTojt94DQ
'track down' in the era of internet purchasing. good one m8.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Someone at work has some. Why go to the trouble when I can get some through her? Also it's Wednesday, not sure how I'm meant to guarantee delivery through the post by Friday.

Not sure why I have to explain this really.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

I think the idea of someone mailing drugs to your apartment is enough to make you buy local
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
getting drugs mailed to your home address is extremely easy. or you get a PO box / public mailbox.

you can always use a fake name too.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
im heading off to sensation taipei with some mates next friday. only reason i'm going is that i'm bored as shit with nothing to do and tons of mates are going.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
the fuck is this sensation thing? like a franchise super-party for EDM bros and bad beer?
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
It's been around for ten years or so, it started in Europe. Tiesto was one of the headline dj's; I remember one of best mates who is German and loves dance music showing me stuff on the net when we were living together in 04/05. Back then they were attracting crowds in excess of 35,000, these days I have no idea as I only paid attention to it off and on for a couple months.

Last edited by Jaekus (2013-06-05 06:22:48)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
oh it's that stupid cheesy eurodance/trance thing that all the idiots who wear open-collar white shirts and blow whistles listen to.

ok. basically a precursor of the EDM-frat thing, only with cheesy euphoric synths instead of angry wub-wub bass.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Pretty much. From memory they have these themes, one white, the other black. The idea from what I saw is the white theme, everyone who attends wears white, the decor and production is based around white and "heavenly" themes. Black is of course similar but with a "hell" theme, or some such. I dunno if it's changed but that's what it appeared to be in the mid 00s.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
all-white parties here are normally called balearic parties or ibiza parties, because it was the 'style' of sunny-beach ibiza raving. however, much like the mainstream ibiza beach parties of its namesake, they generally only tend to attract fake-tanned guidos with gel-spiked hair and name-brand shirts with the top three buttons undone. those parties are the worst.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard