XIthRyker
+7|6653

thefousteph wrote:

Bug wise, everything is working fine except for the info on server. there is none!

I appreciate the awards revision. (c'mon, admit that some requirement were completely crazy and reachable only by those 1000+ hours crazy dude on the top ten) I agree for those who have worked real hard getting them. now theyre easy to get and you loose all the satisfaction of getting it. The thing is, EA should have got the requirement right in the first place - nobody would be angry if the reqs. would have been ok from day one. But at the defence of EA/DICE, at least they put a game with stats and rewards. That was theyr fisrt attempt and they made couples of mistakes, heard the community and revised the reqs.

I think it will be way better from the starts with BF3 when it comes out.

PS.: Maybe they are dummyed down the reqs for us to get them before BF2142 comes out so we can say: "i got what i wanted to get. Lets switch to BF 2142" but thats my opinion!
Thats a good point. Most people would be buying BF 2142 less  if they still were trying to get all the bagde. Lowering the specs will mak n00bs happier cause they get more in less amount of time and an higher dudes will be pleased with themselves.
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6738|Omaha, Nebraska
Does 2142 look interesting to you guys? I think there are already enough of those type of games out... I am saving my money.
Possum61
+9|6747|Philly PA USA
Jezz  was just on a  server and my AA was hitting friends like never before, But got more OP4 Kills, But jezz what up with that ?  Was not that bad before 1.3
pers0nah
Waste Kid
+271|6581|MANCHESTERRR
I HATE 1.3! MY PING IS THROUGH THE ROOF AND I CANT JOIN SQUADS. ITS DELETED MY SHADERS AND IM JUST GENERALY FUCKED OFF WITH EVERYTHING! FOR NOW IM QUITTING. [/rant]

Last edited by PoP (2006-05-25 12:55:18)

Houck
+0|6649
I hate it, I cant even get into a game now.
ROTOFOO
+2|6659
Ive been disconnected and seen more server crashes during the couple days I have had this patch then I have since I got the game.  Not to mention all the other things people have mentioned, like the server browser being totally screwed.  another quality patch from ea. =\
lifestyle
+11|6581|Norway.

Gladiator08 wrote:

error: cant find battlefield 2 install folder. WTF!>?!?!?!@%I(_@%U*(@%*(@%*()@%()
I had that problem to.. just reinstall the game, and let the computer place  BF2 in the folder who shows op
Deadlift
+9|6680

ROTOFOO wrote:

Ive been disconnected and seen more server crashes during the couple days I have had this patch then I have since I got the game.  Not to mention all the other things people have mentioned, like the server browser being totally screwed.  another quality patch from ea. =\
Same here... Lags freezes disconnects.

I've lost the connection during play three times today with a total of 2 Server crashes.
You know what... I slowly find other games more attracting.
=TFS=DEVILS.HITMAN
+60|6647|Under the River
I dont have a problem
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6738|Omaha, Nebraska
I havent had any problems either other then a commander problem when I apply lower ranks get the spot even if I am first in game...

The vehicle drops are a little annoying to me also... Other then that pretty much the same game...
w0ls0n
+16|6546|Maine
Well when I applied the 1.3 patch, My login took a bit onger to login. Afetr that it seemed like it was fine after that. The real problems are when I am loading the Multiplayer page has 0's in the server stats under autobalance, etc. Theres no image on the bottom right hand corner, and no longer does it show the IP Address and Port. I have since then uninstalled Battlefield 2, Removed my profile, Deleted the EA Games folder from Program files and then reinstalled. I installed BF2, then Special Forces and then installed the 1.3 patch. I can now see the IP but nothing else. It does make it easier to give my IP to people on teamspeak though as I can see it now.
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6738|Omaha, Nebraska
I think that is supposed to be fixed soon. So we hope right?
victimofdeath
+2|6739
when they made changes to rank they could have put a rank in between gunny and master maybe move master to 35000 points

just my 2 bob
victimofdeath
+2|6739
after reading all this i dont know if i want the new patch  it might be time to give the game up
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6671|Australia

victimofdeath wrote:

after reading all this i dont know if i want the new patch  it might be time to give the game up
Sadly it now has me tapering off. I no longer crave to play.
[FB]Eraser
Back in battle after 3-year break
+39|6720|Switzerland
Just FYI, this is the last community update, found on the BF2 site of EA:

Community Update - 5/25/06

Attention Soldiers and Server Admins!

After a thorough investigation into the issues plaguing the server browser after the 1.3 Update, we believe that a last minute update in the way the Battlefield servers and Gamespy servers communicate may be the cause.

We have decided to revert this change in an attempt eliminate these browser issues. Please note that no uninstalling or re-installing is required by players or server admins. All servers currently running must be restarted once this change has taken place.

Please also note that if you are experiencing CTD issues upon start up that any alternate-ranking redirections in your windows "Hosts" file must be removed.

The reversion will occur at 2:00 PST. We are continuing to review other issues players have noted with 1.3. Further updates will be posted to this space as they become available."

Thank you,
/The team at Dice and EA

Last edited by [FB]Eraser (2006-05-26 00:13:40)

coco
medic whore
+60|6545|california
cool
w0ls0n
+16|6546|Maine
Well, I really hope that this fixes it. I did get disconnected from a few different servers last night.
logan-x wraith
+7|6571|jacksonville, Ala
well I'm one of the working folks, and i will give it a shot today to see whats up (finally). i hate they have so many issues with the 1.3 already. but I'm not ready to give up on bf2 yet.

Logan
DarthBullseye
+0|6599

[FB]Eraser wrote:

Attention Soldiers and Server Admins!

After a thorough investigation into the issues plaguing the server browser after the 1.3 Update, we believe that a last minute update in the way the Battlefield servers and Gamespy servers communicate may be the cause.

We have decided to revert this change in an attempt eliminate these browser issues. Please note that no uninstalling or re-installing is required by players or server admins. All servers currently running must be restarted once this change has taken place.

Please also note that if you are experiencing CTD issues upon start up that any alternate-ranking redirections in your windows "Hosts" file must be removed.

The reversion will occur at 2:00 PST. We are continuing to review other issues players have noted with 1.3. Further updates will be posted to this space as they become available."

Thank you,
/The team at Dice and EA
Oh fine, but it looks like this reversion results in even more errors:
my favorite server list is now empty
the server list update now shows only 2000 of 4000 (yesterday) servers
many of my favs can not be found

Maybe the should TEST "last minute updates" before they just do it. All this is just unprofessional crap.

Here is a fix that should be addressed in patch 1.31: revert all servers and clients back to 1.22 ...
and we can have fun again instead of dealing with brand new errors.

I should look out for another hobby and spend my money on more meaningful things.

Are there any good open source games available ;-)

Last edited by DarthBullseye (2006-05-26 05:20:14)

{RS}Diamonddog
+6|6641|Weymouth, England
Now that they've fucked up the squads the pace of the game is so slow!!! The worst thing EA did was take away jump fireing in 1.2. imo with 1.3 they've put the nail in the coffin now. This game had so much potential before 1.2. I think im gonna sell my account on ebay and see what i get.

Anyone want a second leutenant account for £150?

Last edited by {RS}Diamonddog (2006-05-26 06:09:48)

Zodiaccup
+42|6545

[FB]Eraser wrote:

This REALLY sucks (and of course some other changes of 1.3)!
Any Mod with an alternate-ranking System will not work anymore.
Why they changed all this? Answer is easy: Everybody who has still fun with BF2/BF2-Mods
is not going to buy BF2142.

Thank you EA...

Sry for my english.
minispud
+4|6736
Anyone other than me and Capt Kefra notice that the IP on the load screens for almost all of the patched servers is the cute dude? 
(:0)
Okay, looks cuter in the fuzzy BF2 font, but whatever.  What's up with that?  Where'd the IPs go?
JimKong
+31|6641|Ohio
UAV scan area seems to be smaller.
w0ls0n
+16|6546|Maine
As of last night, I have seen no changes. Like minispud said, sometimes I see the cute dude. Other times I see an IP with no port. The Server Stats have always said 0. It doesn't stop me from playing the game though. It doesn't make the 1.3 patch completely unplayable but it is nusiance when you're on teamspeak and you want to give someone an IP thats not there. One other thing I noticed is that you can't join a game if someone else is playing. Thats something new too.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard