Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5964|London, England

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Been playing a lot a T:A lately.  Too bad it's eat up with hackers though.
i really liked this game before they saddled it with 101 variations of shit-flavoured gun and over-complicated the whole thing.
Welcome to my stance on TF2.
You know you two wouldnt have to argue about TF2 if you just admitted that vanilla TF2 is a really good competitive game
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Um, it is. I've never contested that. I started having a problem with it when they started jamming it full of bullshit.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Um, it is. I've never contested that. I started having a problem with it when they started jamming it full of bullshit.
lol. go re-read your post. you said tf2 was "too wonky to ever be considered a serious competitive game". go read it. it's right there. for the 100th time. i like your selective memory/revisionary history lesson.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Extra Medium wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Extra Medium wrote:

Been playing a lot a T:A lately.  Too bad it's eat up with hackers though.
i really liked this game before they saddled it with 101 variations of shit-flavoured gun and over-complicated the whole thing.
Honestly the newer versions of guns aren't different enough to really be noticed.  What is sad is the fact they refuse to balance the one or two weapons that are ridiculously overpowered (fractal grenades).
i feel like the main difference between tribes and tf2 is that tribes really does have stats and pay-to-win mechanics on the new stuff. i mostly played from beta/vanilla version to the first major content patch, and maaan, the first round of weapons... there were a few weapons that were blatantly overpowered for a while. and they just let it be. because, inevitably, everyone started buying that goddamn pack. it was disgusting tbh. at least with tf2 you avoid that - even if the constant influx of new weapons does confuse/spam up the pub-server gameplay.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

lol. go re-read your post. you said tf2 was "too wonky to ever be considered a serious competitive game". go read it. it's right there. for the 100th time. i like your selective memory/revisionary history lesson.
Team Fortress 2 is a fun game, but the balance is so wonky that it doesn't really deserve to be called seriously competitive.
Is vs was, zeek. So I'm just going to borrow what you said:

So yeah, I think the level/quality of competitiveness has decayed since they've started introducing 101 variations of shit-flavored gun and over-complicated the whole thing. Not that I have a Ph.D to back up my opinions on competitive FPS's like you must.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
how can you be this fucking stupid? are you really just this obstinate that you can never admit when you are wrong?

look. i'll make it as simple as i can for you:

competitive
tf2
has
never
been
involved
with
the
unlocks
valve
adds
to
the
game
for
pub
players.

no the "balance is not too wonky to be called seriously competitive". the balance in competitive is near-perfect, and pretty much as it was, years ago, on release. that's because THE NEW STUFF THEY ADD  TO THE GAME ISN'T USED IN COMPETITIVE PLAY (with about 3 minor exceptions which have all been agreed upon by consensus to not change anything).

are you SERIOUSLY this stubborn? i am exasperated. you don't need a 'PhD' to get my point. you need to have a brain and basic reading abilities. jesus h. christ. "too fun but cannot be considered a serious competitive game because its wonky". OH MY GOD. i am bashing my head against a desk here. IN COMPETITIVE PLAY ALL OF THE UNLOCKS AND ADDITIONS ARE TAKEN OUT OF THE GAME. THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED. the game has one of the BEST class synergies and BEST balances of ANY FPS GAME, PERIOD, OF ALL TIME. tf2 is currently THE MAIN COMPETITIVE FPS GAME, and has been lauded as the best team-based shooter of THE LAST DECADE.

what fucking planet do you exist on? has all that my little pony wanking seriously rotted your brain, like the old christian ladies say? 3 months on from that remark and you're still making the same dumb points, as if you've never read a post anyone has made... and, most importantly, as if you have never played a single competitive match of tf2 (which you patently and painfully have not).

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-05-25 03:27:26)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
i'll tell you what man, very seldom do i get angry or frustrated by things said/done on this forum... all manner of highly personal argument and heavy debates about personal views and values... not a scratch, all part of the sport... but you and this tf2 thing are literally maddening. you have been bringing up this same point (YOU have been bringing it up, time and time again) for months now. with such a cockiness as well. "PhD in professional gaming". can you actually read? everyone else is able to understand and accept my point. you seem singularly incapable of dealing with the concept of a competitive-scene adopting different rulesets/item-sets to the 4chan/my little brony pub server communities which are your only haunt. it's actually frustrating, IRL, because i feel like i'm trying to teach a person with down's syndrome how to read wordsworth or something. only that down's syndrome kid is cocky, and thinks he is being very clever. you're not being clever. none of the "101 weapons" have ever even graced a competitive tf2 match. the competitive scene have always said 'no thanks'. they're turned off. the dishes are not on the menu. does not compute. comprendez? comprenez? comprendere?

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-05-25 03:38:17)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

It boggles my mind why you are so emphatic about this argument. Even I thought I was being silly about the sequel titling continuity gripe (which I am still sorta serious about, but this is over-the-top in comparison. So I did a bit of soul searching, and found myself not very surprised that you would hypocritically dismiss your own similar complaint about another game. I don't like weapon changes in game A, shame on me. You don't like weapon changes in game B, everybody better bend over for you.

That said, I wash my hands of this pointless debate. Enjoy your shallow victory.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
you are a moron. i said i don't like the weapon changes in tribes, sure. i don't like the weapon changes in tf2 for pubplay either, really. i already made a post saying why i think tribes changes are more detrimental to gameplay (i.e. much more blatant pay to win). not many people would ever say tf2's new weapons introduce serious balance problems for the sake of a quick cash-in. tf2 is remarkably well balanced, considering. though you are also welcome to make personal complaints about just how many items/weapons there are in the game now.

but you are a moron. competitive tribes and competitive tf2 both have limitations on what unlocks are allowed, and what are not. it is not a case of "i don't like weapon changes in game a, shame on me. you don't like weapon changes in game b, everyone better bend over". that is never what i have said. what you said is that tf2's COMPETITIVE gameplay is ruined by 101 weapons. it's not. it never has been. they operate in completely different spheres. different communities. different rulesets. ditto tribes. your remarks specifically said it "cannot be taken seriously as a competitive game". this is categorically wrong. it was an irrefutable error in your judgement. a misunderstanding of the facts. you clearly don't understand how competitive tf2 works, or its rulesets, or conventions. you think the "101 weapons" somehow tangle up tf2's competitive play. they. are. not. involved. only. stock. weapons. are. used. the. perfectly. balanced. weapons. from. the. game's. launch. the. weapons. that. spent. five. years. in. pre-release. testing. for. balance.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

I might be inclined to read your closing remark if you had opened it intelligently.

e: You might also be interested to note that I skipped most of your previous two comments' content DUE TO the.
irritating.
FoRmAttInG.

alone.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
......................................__................................................
.............................,-~*`¯lllllll`*~,..........................................
.......................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,....................................
..................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,..................................
...............,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\.......................... .......
.............;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\................................
..............\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/.........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,......................... ..
...............\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*...........`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,..........................
................\llllllllllll,-~*.....................)_-\..*`*;..)..........................
.................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................/.....................
..................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;................/.\..................
................./.../.../.../..,-,..*~,.`*~*................*...\.................
................|.../.../.../.*`...\...........................)....)¯`~,..................
................|./.../..../.......)......,.)`*~-,............/....|..)...`~-,.............
..............././.../...,*`-,.....`-,...*`....,---......\..../...../..|.........¯```*~-,,,,
...............(..........)`*~-,....`*`.,-~*.,-*......|.../..../.../............\........
................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*..........|.,*...,*...|..............\........
...................*,.........`-,...)-,..............,-*`...,-*....(`-,............\.......
......................f`-,.........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*....,-*......|...`-,..........\........

feel free to consult my 25 other perfectly well-written posts on the matter. they contain the exact same germane and essential point. 25 times over. repeatedly. reiterated for you. in a lovely variety of ways. i trust you'll find all the cognate meaning you desire there. i also trust you'll get the point now. everyone else reading it seems to be able to. you are only embarrassing yourself.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-05-25 04:26:26)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

you're. JUST. spinning. your. WHEELS. now. zeek.

e: you mean your 25 other posts of essentially the same overbearing opinion-pushing, right?
e2: tf2 - srs bns
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
opinion pushing [ ]
a factual statement about the way tf2 is competitively played [x]

where exactly is the "opinion" in stating that 'competitive tf2 doesn't use any of the 101 unlocks you complain about'?

oh, that's just my 'point of view'? honestly you take being wrong with all the grace of a spoilt 13 year old brat. it's like you actually want the world and objective reality to bend in order to excuse your gaffe.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

That's pretty rich. Sometimes, you can make polite and salient points. The rest of the time, reading your comments seeded with their venomous little snipes and insults is like sticking your face into an armpit.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
i'm sorry i upset you by not being polite when you bring up a point you were factually wrong about, again, 2-3 months later. sorry i am not patient and kind in treating your special brand of obstinate dumbassery. why even bring it up again, btw, if you're "not going to read" any of my posts? seems like an odd thing to do. la-la-la waving your blind man's error stick around, self-deluded that you have a point. competitive tf2 has never used the additional content valve put in the game to keep pub-players/weekend warriors entertained. therefore, ipso facto, tf2's competitive suitability has never been affected or worsened by its free updates. end of discussion.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Only when you decided to criticize another game for adding weapons after that debacle. Sure, they might be being more blatant about the monetization, but my point still stood. However, I've already backed down for the sake of sanity about a half-a-dozen posts ago (and took to instead criticizing your attitude), since it's all too apparent that you'd be willing to do this for another several pages. For no other apparent reason than to prove that you're right in criticizing game b's new weapons and I'm wrong for criticizing game a's, in a mind-numbingly inconsequential flame-fest. Joy.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
i criticized tribes for adding guns that complicate public play, sure. you're welcome to criticize tf2 for complicating public play too. however you said the weapons made the game COMPETITIVELY unviable. quote unquote "wonky". the weapons don't even touch tf2's competitive game. how is this so difficult for you? damn dude. i genuinely worry for you.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

If it was competitively unviable, there wouldn't be tournaments. So yes, it's competitively viable. But I don't think it's a very good competitive game anymore. Big difference.

Here's a snapshot of my recent experiences with TF2

* douchey community
* douchey server admins
* juvenile sprays
* long-ass loading times
* wtf just killed me in one shot new weapons that I cba to keep track of through updates
* people adding me to their friends list to pester me for SamMax's Severed Head (or at least give me one of your soda cans, plz bro!)

And to answer your below post, I don't like the balance change created by the new gear and weapons. Other people do, and that's fine, but I preferred vanilla TF2.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
why don't you think it's a good competitive game anymore? considering the only thing to change since vanilla in the competitive scene is a bunch of new maps, hats, and player-based meta (oh and a whole bunch of technical improvements in the spectator/half life tv side of things). i'm intrigued. "anymore" implies something has changed since vanilla. what has changed? pray tell.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-05-25 05:15:51)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
lol you're just cycling infinitely and never answering my question. you get to a point where you say "i don't think it's a good competitive game anymore", i ask you how the competitive game has been affected, and then you say "i don't like the balance change created by new gear and weapons". COMPETITIVE PLAY DOESN'T USE THEM. THEY'RE TURNED OFF. lol hahahahahaha. for FUCK'S SAKE.
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6574|London

Roc18 wrote:

>dem stat growths
Those growths are nothing to be proud of when you're playing on an emulator...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

lol you're just cycling infinitely and never answering my question. you get to a point where you say "i don't think it's a good competitive game anymore", i ask you how the competitive game has been affected, and then you say "i don't like the balance change created by new gear and weapons". COMPETITIVE PLAY DOESN'T USE THEM. THEY'RE TURNED OFF. lol hahahahahaha. for FUCK'S SAKE.
You've made it into such a personal mission to attack my gaming preferences that you've even twisted your paraphrasing of my quotes around to serve your purposes. Let me spell it out for you. VANILLA TF2 IS FINE! NEW TF2 SUCKS!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
you said tf2 was now "too wonky to be seriously competitively viable". what don't you understand? COMPETITIVE TF2 == VANILLA TF2. NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-05-25 06:00:22)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

I feel like I'm beating my forehead into a brick wall. Maybe if I step outside and headbutt my house a couple of times, the phantom sensation will dissipate.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254
you said

Team Fortress 2 is a fun game, but the balance is so wonky that it doesn't really deserve to be called seriously competitive.
balance so wonky? SERIOUS COMPETITIVE TF2 USES VANILLA WEAPONS.

please go headbutt your house. do it so hard you don't come back. to consciousness, i mean.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard