Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
hardstyle is pretty limited in europe to the netherlands (savages) and grim ex-industrial areas full of council sink estates (doncaster).
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Macbeth wrote:

Take it to the music thread
i sincerely hope you weren't being serious with that 'black women versus asian women' shit. you sociopath.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
Some famous electronic/house/whatchamacallit artist had a concert at my university a year ago and I saw some video of it but just did not understand what about those frequencies made those privileged white kids lose all motor control. I can't seem to get into that at all, not that I want to, but I would like to expand my music collection into somewhere beyond the rock-dominated assortment it is now.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
american 'dubstep'/EDM = mid-range saw-tooth grating noises.
uk original dubstep = low-end and sub-bass meditative frequencies.

a lot of it is to do with a massive difference in venue/sound-system ability. in america most electronic acts seem to do big stadium tours, concert halls designed for rock-venues (i.e. wall of sound/speakers, or a PA system), or other such gigs. in europe we have nightclubs in basements and special spaces designed for huge sound-systems - some are conspicuously low on decor, fancy lighting, glitz, etc.

plus the popularity of american edm, being manifestly 'youtube' music, means the sound has to be produced and designed for youtube-streaming quality in mind... i.e. laptop speakers/mobile phone, very poor sound equipment. most uk dubstep barely makes sense on laptop speakers: you can't even hear half of the audio frequencies in the track.
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

DesertFox- wrote:

White people are fucked up.
You know what the worst part of bf2s is?

WHITE

PEOPLE
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6722|Toronto, ON
Don't hate, appreciate.

Above & Beyond
ATB
BT
Pretty Lights
Nero
Zedd
Calvin Harris (when he doesn't collaborate with black people)
Akesson
Sultan & Ned Shepard
Bassnectar
Avicii
Gareth Emery
Morten Breum
Sean Tyas
Dash Berlin
And any collaboration with Armin Van Buuren
Alpha as fuck.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
well hate what we want
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Nyte wrote:

Don't hate, appreciate.

Above & Beyond
ATB
BT
Pretty Lights
Nero
Zedd
Calvin Harris (when he doesn't collaborate with black people)
Akesson
Sultan & Ned Shepard
Bassnectar
Avicii
Gareth Emery
Morten Breum
Sean Tyas
Dash Berlin
And any collaboration with Armin Van Buuren
that reads like an impressive list... for a 13 year old to have. it's the electronic equivalent of a teenage rock fan going:

greenday
blink 182
all american rejects
nickleback
staind
slipknot
korn
sum 41

etc.

the difference is most 13 year olds mature and tend to develop a music taste that isn't spoonfed them by MTV videos or festival headliner lists.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-05-21 14:38:39)

Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
lol Sum 41. I remember that shitty band.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Intro is annoying but ends quickly. After that there are 19 solid minutes of WSHH fights in "Fight Comp Of The Week Ep 29: Kocked Out & He Ain't Even Know It, Vitalyzdtv Catches Brawl 10 Second Drop, Ghetto 300, Never Steal & More!"
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v … N0veb5afC8

That isn't taught in teacher schools when "Teacher Attacks Student While His Pants Are Down In Front Of Whole Class!"
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v … z1Kqdo7wx0

Oh and here is one for you Roc since white women are your fantasy "Dwayne Wade Takes His Biggest Fan To The Prom!"
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/v … Ae5KS41tR1
DesertFox-

Nyte wrote:

Avicii
That's the one! Dude who came to my school and people were upset because it's an auditorium so they couldn't "dance".
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

DesertFox- wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Avicii
That's the one! Dude who came to my school and people were upset because it's an auditorium so they couldn't "dance".
Alesso came to our and I think we put him in an auditorium too.
https://i.imgur.com/p2G0Lck.gif
There was something in the school paper about us needing to get a concert hall lol. Wish I could have went.
DesertFox-
That looks like a lot more people than we had. I remember seeing newspaper article saying less than 2,000 of the 6,000 seats were sold.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Macbeth wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Avicii

There was something in the school paper about us needing to get a concert hall lol. Wish I could have went.
how unimaginably stupid. a bunch of people in an auditorium clothed in neon with glowsticks

protip america:

rave and glowsticks (rightfully) disappeared in 1992.
to listen to dance music you need a dance soundsystem, not a rock PA being blasted at you from the front of a room.

commentators who remark on EDM being more a continuation of america's rock/nu-metal trend (i.e. headbanging, loud and aggressive frat-boy music) are spot on when you look at scenes like the above. nothing about those events has anything to do with electronic music, or club culture. putting the DJ on a massive stage as the centre of attention is stupid in the extreme. people are meant to dance with one another and lose themselves. not cheer some douche on a stage. no wonder your biggest stars are dj's that wear dumb costumes.

this is how we set-up our DJ's in europe:

https://www.littlewhiteearbuds.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/tresor-by-rick-kay2.jpg

anonymous, behind bars

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-05-21 15:39:47)

13/f/taiwan
+940|5668
that's where we keep our talented artists as well. do you know of any american prison without a black guy?
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6722|Toronto, ON

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

how unimaginably stupid. a bunch of people in an auditorium clothed in neon with glowsticks

protip america:

rave and glowsticks (rightfully) disappeared in 1992.
to listen to dance music you need a dance soundsystem, not a rock PA being blasted at you from the front of a room.

commentators who remark on EDM being more a continuation of america's rock/nu-metal trend (i.e. headbanging, loud and aggressive frat-boy music) are spot on when you look at scenes like the above. nothing about those events has anything to do with electronic music, or club culture. putting the DJ on a massive stage as the centre of attention is stupid in the extreme. people are meant to dance with one another and lose themselves. not cheer some douche on a stage. no wonder your biggest stars are dj's that wear dumb costumes.

this is how we set-up our DJ's in europe:

anonymous, behind bars
Ladies and ladies, I present to you a hipster-fag.

Haters gon' hate.
Alpha as fuck.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
yeah it's really hipster to prefer to see dance music in a nightclub, rather than an auditorium.

also i'm pretty sure all the hipsters are listening to those terribad artists you listed.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
I like daft punk but not so much their latest album
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Guys, can we keep this focused on World Star videos?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
half the videos on worldstar are of hip-hop/rap videos or stupid frat edm culture. sorry, i made this thread, and you are not allowed a virtual monopoly on inter-race violence.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

Adams_BJ wrote:

it's terrible but you can bet your ass a bunch of north americans will say how great it is, even though they don't know anything about the music.

oh and because they wear fucking goofy outfits, of course, which again satisfies the 'rock-star front-man' model.

successful hype campaign is wildly succesful.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Oh come on. Their Pre-Tron stuff was good. I agree wit the rest of your statement though.
DesertFox-

Macbeth wrote:

Guys, can we keep this focused on World Star videos?
Evidently we cannot.

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

it's terrible but you can bet your ass a bunch of north americans will say how great it is, even though they don't know anything about the music.

oh and because they wear fucking goofy outfits, of course, which again satisfies the 'rock-star front-man' model.

successful hype campaign is wildly succesful.
I listened to some of that when my friends were singing its praises on FB, and it seemed to be missing a some crucial facet in my mind. A lot of that sort of music just sounds like it belongs in the background of a movie montage to me. I seem to like actual "songs" more than "tracks" if that makes sense. A friend of mine hugely into Daft Punk and also, weirdly, solo guitar instrumentals criticized my music library for lacking "chill music", but I can relax to some rock & roll easier than listening to something that puts me to sleep.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

Downtempo is good music.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
nyte was waiting for uzi to come back
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard