Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6661|Tampa Bay Florida
Did they release any actual gameplay footage or is it still that lame Halloween commercial
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
why do you need gameplay footage, you've seen the same gameplay over and over for about 5 iterations now.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

yeah, well, in cod1/cod2, even (and especially) in pub play, everything was coloured. lots of formatting options. a nice overhang from the quake/unreal era, i guess.

as well as the obvious fact both games were about 100x what any later modern warfare title was
All the same, CoD4 was the last truly good one I've played.
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
https://theawesomer.com/photos/2013/05/call_of_duty_ghosts_teaser_t.jpg
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

yeah, well, in cod1/cod2, even (and especially) in pub play, everything was coloured. lots of formatting options. a nice overhang from the quake/unreal era, i guess.

as well as the obvious fact both games were about 100x what any later modern warfare title was
All the same, CoD4 was the last truly good one I've played.
it seems good now, from our modern perspective, because it has got SO shit. but back then i remember a lot of CoD players hated cod4 (me included). it felt like a huge watering down. it was the first truly console-focused CoD game. it just so happened to be decent for PC as well. the competitive community for cod4 always felt like it was 'making do' with a gimped game, compared to PC-centric 1/2.

what's funny is that nowadays on places like 4chan/reddit, the 'leet gamers' will talk about cod4 like it's ancient, and some historical thing they can refer to in order to prove they are 'old-school and hardcore' cod4 felt like a doomsday gaming-is-over-now thing even back then. it reminds me of the same effect people have now when they hate the latest WoW expansion. i'm like "hello? we were noticing this downward trend 5 years ago. just you noobs were flattered by it when it still suited you".

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-05-10 19:07:45)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Huh, I still think of CoD4 as a "recent game."
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
I remember CoD4 being really easy in comparison to 2, especially. Carpet bombing and helicopters getting you free kills, the ability to flash a room instead of having to charge in headlong, UAVs telling you exactly where the enemy is unless they have ___ perk, some of the perks themselves. Never really was a fan of sniping in MP either because you're lucky if a map had even an intermediate distance where a scoped rifle MIGHT be appropriate over an assault rifle.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
cod4's maps all sucked, yes. it had no 'classic' or addictive maps. cod1/cod2 had so many fantastically designed maps.

hurtgen, pavlov, rocket, depot, CARENTAN, NEUVILLE, HARBOR, train station, dawnville.... i could go on :'(

omg and dat sound :<

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-05-10 20:11:06)

Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6661|Tampa Bay Florida

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

did it work in all aspects of the game though? i thought it was just the scoreboard. in cod1/cod2 the colour-codes would show in everything that was displayed with the player-name in-game, including the kill-reports. for some reason i distinctly remember there were changes made in cod4 that made it immediately less fun for team/clan-play. ditto with clan-servers. could you have coloured server names in the server browser? i honestly forget. that was another neat thing that helped a team form a community/identity, as strange as it sounds.
^1-red
2-green I think? 
3-yellow
4-blue
5- ahh fuck it I forget.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black
^0 black
^6 pink

all you need
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I'd be interested in this game but I already played the prequel:

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6194|Escea

I can't tell if its set in a post-apocalyptic world or not.

And that looks like the same engine again.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
That's dog's going to get killed I just know it

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2013-05-22 05:31:19)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
didn't they say at the launch conference that a) it's a complete new engine and b) there will be dogs?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
they said that then showed off some unimpressive arms
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

pre-ordered 3
Roc18
`
+655|5761|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

pre-ordered 3
10/10 would watch again etc. etc.
thepilot91
+64|6207|Åland!
that was fucking hillarious , almost rofled irl would watch again if my abs werent killing me and crying like a bitch , srsly a fucking dawg x'D
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6708|Oxferd Ohire
needs forza 5
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
i never realized americans said 'call of duty' with such a dumb accent. when you hear it back to back like that... ahaha.

cul of dooty cul of dooty cul of dooty

dooty
dooty
dooooooooooooooty
thepilot91
+64|6207|Åland!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
lol. it disturbs me a little that you have such an intimate knowledge of children's films.
thepilot91
+64|6207|Åland!
<3 animated movies , "UP"s maincharacter (old guy) was fucking hillarious
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

thepilot91 wrote:

<3 animated movies , "UP"s maincharacter (old guy) was fucking hillarious
And it's better than Prometheus or Jack Reacher.
thepilot91
+64|6207|Åland!
what are those? havent seem sound shit...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

??

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard