_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD
I highly recommend ThinkPads, I love mine.  They always come with a lot of nice stuff and they're very solidly built long-lasting laptops.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6689|Devon, England
Is it worth getting the warranty?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

_j5689_ wrote:

I highly recommend ThinkPads, I love mine.  They always come with a lot of nice stuff and they're very solidly built long-lasting laptops.
Eh, I have a Compaq laptop from a LONG time ago that still functions.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

FFLink wrote:

Is it worth getting the warranty?
If you're computer savvy, know how to Google and don't mind taking things apart...I wouldn't bother.

Just realized I'm gonna need a new laptop for school in September. Don't suppose anyone has suggestions for one that can run 3 virtual machines (Windows client + Windows Server + Backtrack linux) for <$1000

Last edited by bugz (2013-05-05 12:54:09)

max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6566|NYC / Hamburg

Is there something like tasker for OSX? What I'd like to do is run SABnzbd+ and sickbeard when I connnect to a certain wlan, turn on bluetooth and turn off wlan when I connect to a monitor and stuff like that. Ideas?
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6621|Little Bentcock
I am doing an exam, and I joined the class late and it has a section on POST. I can't find any readings of it online as everytime I search it comes up with australia post or post it notes and I never learnt it. Halp.
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

Power On Self Test should be a more helpful search term
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6621|Little Bentcock
why the fuck do they care about this shit
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4967|Dundee, Scotland.
Any nightly users that can tell me how to change the page that loads when you open a new tab?
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
CC-Marley
+407|6827
tools>internet options>tabs> halfway down lies your answer
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4967|Dundee, Scotland.
https://i.imgur.com/ZdNSevu.png

ehhhhh
for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
CC-Marley
+407|6827
what browser?
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

Haven't tried it, but here's an add-on.
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6566|NYC / Hamburg

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17479/Screen%20Shot%202013-05-08%20at%208.49.54%20AM.png

for firefox

change that to whatever you want to load
once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD
Anybody else having issues with nVidia's new 320.18 drivers?  Apparently a lot of other people with GTX 560 Ti's like me are either getting their cards bricked or getting BSODs because of the drivers.

I'm lucky enough to only get an input freeze with the possibility of either coming back in 15 seconds or the computer does a hard reset on itself.  Reverted back to 314.22 and reinstalled them again just to get the same thing.
FFLink
There is.
Holy shit. Actual bricked cards?

That's insane. I updated the other day, but haven't actually gamed since.

460 SLI.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6736|Oxferd Ohire
why would you revert back to old drivers and not keep them until nvidia fixed the problems
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD
In the hopes that it was just a bad installation, it was only after that that I read people with 560s and 560 Ti's were having issues with the drivers so I'm just staying on the old ones now.

Apparently people had already been having framerate issues with the beta on several different cards and it still does the same thing on the official release.  It took them forever to get this update out and it doesn't even work right because most of the update was probably laying down the streaming framework for that new "Shield" thing
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6774|Moscow, Russia

_j5689_ wrote:

Anybody else having issues with nVidia's new 320.18 drivers?  Apparently a lot of other people with GTX 560 Ti's like me are either getting their cards bricked or getting BSODs because of the drivers.

I'm lucky enough to only get an input freeze with the possibility of either coming back in 15 seconds or the computer does a hard reset on itself.  Reverted back to 314.22 and reinstalled them again just to get the same thing.
560ti here. no problem with new drivers.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD
Lucky you then, I just can't use them till they release new ones.  Sucks cuz I kind of wanted the boosts in Tomb Raider
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6413|Finland

This is what I call amazing Haswell motherboard.

https://i.imgur.com/79vsvvN.jpg
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

Holy compact batman
FFLink
There is.
To save space, they just put some of the PCB vertical? Genius.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Almost updated to 320.18 drivers. My finger was on the button until I started looking at some of the comments. Grabbed 314.22 instead. Sorry, NVIDIA.

FFLink wrote:

To save space, they just put some of the PCB vertical? Genius.
Not a new idea...
FFLink
There is.
Obviously.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard