Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246
guess the cs:go advocate doesn't use steam . . .
thepilot91
+64|6227|Åland!
lol for your advantage it actually works now, I dont really play much CS, never been a huge fan, thought I'd finally have a GO (lololol) when a new one (yes consoleshitportblabla) because there'd be many players shooting as bad as me.
I just wanted to see if he has time to play / anything is worthy his godlike level of knowledge and skills, insted of whining about peoples thoughts in screenshot threads...

but good for you uzi

pretty hooked on this atm

https://warthunder.com/upload/image/1000x700/shot7-2011.12.2.jpg

russians did a good job
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246
i never spoke about my "godlike skills" at all in that discussion. jesus, you and newbie really can't concede a point well, can you? so childish. i factually corrected you and stated there was a pro scene that was very big, with LAN/tournaments/leagues, in a few games you had failed to mention. i corrected you that CS:GO wasn't the 'next big thing' or the 'only good game to come out' in whatever-timeframe you said. and now neither you or newbie can acknowledge if without dragging in some asinine remark about my "godlike skills". i just corrected you guys. take a correction graciously. you're still butthurt weeks after. kind of weird.
thepilot91
+64|6227|Åland!
you see you really belive I'm butthurt , whilst I'm not (if I were it'd be too obvious) I was just pointing out how you always concider yourself wiser than everyone no matter what game/subject , and lol at not "godlike skills you call everyone noobs and recently changed your sig from "former quake/game pro"

And (again) I dunno about CS 1.6 but the CS:GO pro scene is growing all the time.

read the lines don't always try to read inbetween them and be less dick, can't really see what you gain , if you are'nt very amused by the thought of people who are making a point in your mind being butthurt.

we're all wrong sometimes no need to be a dick,
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246
lol my last signature was obviously a joke, parodying someone else from around here. it also listed "expert finger-banger" right after the quake/part. and said something about me being intellectual and unbannable. jesus christ you are fucking dense.

"making a good point". still waiting to see evidence of this burgeoning CS:GO scene. at the moment all i see is the least-played CS game of them all, barely managing to scrape together a decent league or LAN tournament.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-05-07 09:52:13)

thepilot91
+64|6227|Åland!
well obviously you are quite unbannable...? (to many thats not a funny joke )

well we'll see where CS:GO will be compared to 1.6 in 10+ years then to be factastic about it.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246
cs:go doesn't even have a competitive chance in hell NOW, straight after release. why the fuck do you think it will be popular in 10 years? do you think BF3 will manage to attract a competitive LAN scene in 10 years time, too? or maybe crysis 3? these games don't have successful league scenes because they aren't good competitive games. they aren't deep. they aren't hard/skillful. they are console shooters dressed-up for a PC's performance. CS1.6 is still the biggest CS game, even though it's 10+ years old. but it was big in the first place. it didn't 'grow into' that popularity/fame in old age. CS:GO is not going to be a 'slow burner'. it's a shit game now, and it always will be a shit game.

see you on the CS2s.com forums in 10 years time you can prove me wrong. nublet.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-05-07 11:24:33)

Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6140|'straya
I can't speak for the rest of the world, but here CS 1.6 has died and all the pro teams are playing CS:GO. There are pro-leagues, amateur ladders, LANs and ODC with large prizes. I was under the impression that other worldwide organisations like ESL and ESEA have been running large pro-leagues, ODC and LANs. It might not be as big as 1.6 was in its heyday, but it's still got a big esports following.

I really disliked CS:GO when I was playing pub but playing some PUGs/comp matchmaking I've actually been enjoying the game.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246
i can't get over how noobified it is even compared to CSS. over here in europe many leagues/organizations have been running CS:GO divisions now, as you'd expect, but it hasn't taken off. CS:GO doesn't have any 'primacy' or big appeal like 1.6 did or Source back in its day. Source and 1.6 are still more played, numbers-wise, and still have much bigger clan scenes. CS:GO comes across as the new kid that is trying to be pushed on to success - the leagues have opened up CS:GO sheets, and the major LAN's are have a CS:GO competition. but it's generally smaller than the TF2 scene. and even sometimes smaller than the quake live cup.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

CS, CSS and CSGO are still all three in the top ten populated for today going by Steam's count.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6676|United States of America
On topic:
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/10249/dump001.png
Found my CD and a mod that lets you run it on Win7. Don't believe I actually completed it when I was a kid.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

what game is that it looks really good
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Halo Reach 64
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6676|United States of America

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Halo Reach 64
In a way, he's right

...but in another, more accurate way, System Shock 2
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

CS, CSS and CSGO are still all three in the top ten populated for today going by Steam's count.
considering how many mainstream multiplayer games steam offers... that means nothing. there are barely 10 major esports-appeal multiplayer games available on steam. half of those are valve's own hl/hl2 games. you'll also see skyrim or football manager or somesuch on there. otherwise it's all the staples. cs:go normally being notably behind it's much older predecessors. which is a bit like bf1942 having more players than bf3.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-05-07 18:53:39)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Well yeah, the top one on Steam is Dota2, no contest. CSS making #10 on the top ten (at this moment) isn't too much to brag about since the 11th is Borderlands 2, so congratulations, CSS...I guess. I dunno what else to say; at least it beat Black Cops 2 for the day's high.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246
the stats are not accurate at the moment. steam was just down for maintenance. check in a few hours when the numbers are back up to normal.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Yeah, I saw the dip, but I think it was pretty much the same this morning.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6315|Graz, Austria

DesertFox- wrote:

System Shock 2
Second best game of all times after Deus Ex 1.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Yeah, I saw the dip, but I think it was pretty much the same this morning.
nope. i check the stats several times a week. check them when the users reaches its daily peak, i.e. when the stats are representative of a proper average.

215,038     256,628           Dota 2
33,699     45,918           Team Fortress 2
30,733     54,104           Football Manager 2013
21,779     34,649           Counter-Strike
17,839     29,208           Counter-Strike: Source
15,359     25,849           The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
14,060     24,880           Sid Meier's Civilization V
12,697     28,312           Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
10,923     22,930           Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Multiplayer
8,856     12,939           Warframe

there you go.
thepilot91
+64|6227|Åland!
correct me if I'm wring but wasn't NIP (NinjasInPyjamas) one of the bigger ones in cs 1.6 , they have so far ( as Im updated late 2012 games) not lost one match in CS:GO and going in for quite hard (dunno much bout them and 1.6 if they have a team or not)

but yes in 10 years+ we can confirm that you've proven me wrong.

but cs 1.6 became big because it was one of the very first games of its kind...when CSS came , it wasn't a breaktrough in the same way , I look at CS:GO pretty much the same way
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246
except cs:source was bigger than 1.6 when it first came out. cs:source was the main, 'hit' esports FPS for several years. all LAN's and leagues picked it up and almost every single professional esports team launched a CS:source roster. cs:source was massive on launch. cs:go is currently struggling to keep up with black ops 2. not really the same thing, is it. if you think cs:go is going to be big in 10 years time, i really don't know what to say to you. have you even played the game? + played earlier CS variations? cs:go is markedly the worst game of the three. there is no contest. it's an awkward console port.

also no NIP were not one of the bigger teams. but yes, all pro franchises will try and field a CS:GO roster. that's because most leagues and LAN don't support CS:source anymore. so they are trying to revive the CS scene with GO. my point is that the game is nowhere near as good and the take-up has been pathetic. it stands a miniscule chance of even reaching the success/numbers that CS:source had. the fact a bunch of teams are trying to field CS:go rosters doesn't mean anything. pro esports teams exist to win pro esports tournaments. they will form a team to compete in whatever game the leagues are trying to push, and vice versa.

the majority of pro esports organizations are still fielding 'shootmania' teams, too. let's not even get into that... laughable.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-05-08 06:37:39)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6672|Disaster Free Zone
Who gives a flying fuck about esports, seriously.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246
esports are generally a good indication as to whether or not a game can sustain a 'refined' level of play. esports indicate a game has a necessary depth and learning curve, otherwise it wouldn't qualify as an 'esport' or something 'competitively viable' in the first place. i don't care about esports. i'm not upset that cs:go is a shit game. it just is what it is. i haven't played on a league for 4 years now, let alone anything approaching 'esports' seriousness. make a real point, mongo.
thepilot91
+64|6227|Åland!
arent the numbers you're talking about (players COD /CS) the steam player register for pub play...you can't really mean they have something to do with the number of pro players?

well if CSS was bigger when it came out and not anymore , I dont see any reason why CS:GO cant climb up the ladder , It's still quite new and as far as I know they still change shit in it , when in beta mode (first competitive plays) the galil hade a scope and was "zoomable" (like the aug) I believe the p90 also had a huge scope on top of the gunmodel, and the DE was apparently a rapemachine.

yes I know that CS:GO is a downgrade (grammar?) from 1.6 when it comes to movement , and I've played to little CS 1.6 to tell if it's easier to compensate guns in GO or not , but if it's the same for consoles , I feel sorry for those who play it on one.

I believe there will be more pro-games on GO than on 1.6 in 10 years yes...and before you call me a retard lets wait 10 years as you suggested k?

when was the last time you played GO ?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard