Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5693|College Park, MD

_j5689_ wrote:

I just beat it, WOW that was a weird ending.  The ending has my brain so dead, I can't really think of anything more to say about the game at the moment.  It was like watching Inception

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

lol the plot

legit spoiler

Spoiler (highlight to read):
the ending of the game retcons the entire fucking series out of existence
Spoiler (highlight to read):
The wiki has said this as well, I don't understand where they're getting it from though, the events of BioShock 1 & 2 have nothing to do with anything that happens in Infinite or its "time loop" or whatever, BioShock Infinite could've happened or not happened and Andrew Ryan still would've created Rapture(if I recall, the developers mentioned that Infinite might not even have been canon to 1 & 2, even though Rapture does appear at the end of Infinite in an insignificant role).  I hope the creators don't consider it true, I hate these "Now nothing ever happened because everything canceled each other out/was all just a dream" type of endings where they feel like they're being really deep by taking you for a ride and then making all of it not matter at all at the end.  It's not a morally good or bad ending, it's just a wtf did I just watch ending
Was it fun to play? I'm wary of all the 10/10 reviews and the people on /v/ are too fucking stupid to call it anything other than amazing or utter shit.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

Things 1999 mode doesn't have:

Inventory
Weapon Degradation
Weapon Modification
Firing Modes
Ammo Types
Any RPG Elements
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

Was it fun to play? I'm wary of all the 10/10 reviews and the people on /v/ are too fucking stupid to call it anything other than amazing or utter shit.
In my opinion it deviated too much from the style of the previous BioShock games.  Too many gameplay mechanics have changed and like I said, I hated the ending and really a lot of the plot and setting overall.  Maybe it's just because I preferred the politics and more recent time-period and darkness of Rapture so much more versus the ultra-Conservative society and unfamiliar early 20th century setting of bright and shiny Columbia.  I also didn't like Booker Dewitt as a character, he tried to come off as a mysterious badass way too hard but it was so the plot could be more surprising at the end since he barely reveals anything of major importance

The game still had its moments and it looks amazing if you're not playing on a console but it's my least favorite BioShock so far for sure.

Miggle wrote:

Inventory
Weapon Degradation
Weapon Modification
Firing Modes
Ammo Types
Any RPG Elements
Those are all things the game didn't have anyway except weapon modification, which no longer changes the weapon aesthetics unfortunately like it did in the previous games.

Elizabeth basically is the inventory with the appropriate items she may or may not throw to you when you desperately need it rather than you just having a bunch of spare medkits and EVE syringes and a reasonable amount of ammo as I would've preferred it.  Maybe I wasn't playing the game right, but I became very reliant on her having to save me with said thrown shit and I would've rather just been able to control emergency provisions myself or be forced to improvise with a different weapon.  And that improvisation is hard to do when you can only carry two weapons with a pitiful amount of ammunition and often the weapons you're using won't appear on any of the people you're fighting for a good while unless you switch to what they use(90% of the game, it's the "machine gun" which is just boring to use) so you're constantly running out of ammo in the middle of any substantial battle.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Miggle wrote:

Inventory
Weapon Degradation
Weapon Modification
Firing Modes
Ammo Types
Any RPG Elements
Well, so much for that.

Pass.
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

oh yeah it also doesn't have research or hacking
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

or gamepig
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Miggle wrote:

oh yeah it also doesn't have research or hacking
I was pretty skeptical of the 1999 mode towards the end of development, but I thought they'd have at least tried. I may still buy this game later on since I enjoyed the first two well enough, but I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment by enabling this mode.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD
Supposedly it's just their version of Legendary difficulty where you painstakingly inch your way through the game.  For me it was plenty challenging enough on normal, especially when fighting handymen.  Those parts never got easier
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

1999 mode is pretty much just shooting anything but the head does very little damage.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

They should have just called it developer dickery mode then.
Roc18
`
+655|5782|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
This game is shit
Cisse
+63|4360
Whats this Jesus crap
pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

They could have called this game AIR AMERICA.

hurr hurr hurr
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6503|Gold Coast
Well shit.

I really loved this game.

First bioshock that I completed until the end.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

The first Bioshock held my interest for awhile, but then I just stopped caring about the story or characters that the game just whispered about in uninspiring little hints left here and there.

Bioshock 3 on the other hand constantly reminds me that there are characters in the game other than my own pair of disembodied eyeballs and forearms whenever she throws me beer money. I suppose that and the fact that this city is a polygamy short of being 'Mormons in Space' makes me want to actually finish it out of morbid curiosity.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6681|Tampa Bay Florida
I've been really careful not to read any of these comments yet

Haven't had time to play it yet.  Cant decide if I should get it for xbox or wait til I get a new pc.  But I liked the first two a lot and am glad to here that a sequel didn't completely suck for once!  Cant wait!!!!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Get the PC version if you want to hex cheat. Otherwise, platform doesn't really matter with this game.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4246

Spearhead wrote:

I've been really careful not to read any of these comments yet

Haven't had time to play it yet.  Cant decide if I should get it for xbox or wait til I get a new pc.  But I liked the first two a lot and am glad to here that a sequel didn't completely suck for once!  Cant wait!!!!
dumbledore dies
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6708|Riva, MD

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Get the PC version if you want to hex cheat. Otherwise, platform doesn't really matter with this game.
From the reviews I've seen, it looks like complete shit on the consoles compared to highish settings for me on the PC
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6568|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Game is good, but there is a little something that's odd for some reason, does not quite feel like the other 2 Bioshock, did enjoy it tho!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

Roger Lesboules wrote:

Game is good, but there is a little something that's odd for some reason, does not quite feel like the other 2 Bioshock, did enjoy it tho!
That's probably because the superpowers are woefully underpowered compared to simply blowing the crap out of something with your guns or twisting necks backwards with your sky hook thingy.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6568|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Roger Lesboules wrote:

That's probably because the superpowers are woefully underpowered compared to simply blowing the crap out of something with your guns or twisting necks backwards with your sky hook thingy.
I guess you're right, ive found myself using the Guns more than anything else, i barely used the power at all, unless i really needed em
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6763|PNW

The crow power is pretty good to keep large, spread-out groups occupied. And the fact that they make nest traps out of anyone pecked to death makes them even more useful. Beyond that? Not much point to any of the others except the occasional possession.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6728|Oxferd Ohire
this is my first bioshock game.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6733|FUCK UBISOFT

Lucky

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard