_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6723|Riva, MD
My mom kept stressing me out about my first day starting my new job tomorrow.  She keeps acting like they're gonna completely change their mind and tell me to just fuck off on the first day because I didn't dress well enough and I've told her multiple times that they've said they don't really care what you wear as long as it's safe for a lab(no open-toed shoes, etc) and there's not really a dress code, just wear what's comfortable.

I don't know if I want another woman to care about what happens in my life if they just make every major event into something pessimistic, it's no wonder I never had a positive image about anything in my life until recently.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5971|London, England

you should still dress semi-nicely
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6723|Riva, MD
Yeah I'm gonna wear a collared shirt at the very least
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

_j5689_ wrote:

My mom kept stressing me out about my first day starting my new job tomorrow.  She keeps acting like they're gonna completely change their mind and tell me to just fuck off on the first day because I didn't dress well enough and I've told her multiple times that they've said they don't really care what you wear as long as it's safe for a lab(no open-toed shoes, etc) and there's not really a dress code, just wear what's comfortable.

I don't know if I want another woman to care about what happens in my life if they just make every major event into something pessimistic, it's no wonder I never had a positive image about anything in my life until recently.
The 10 Types of Crappy Interviewees
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4260

_j5689_ wrote:

the first week i started my corporate job, even though it was a sort of 'casual' work environment with most people wearing oxford shirts and khakis, i dressed in a full suit every single day, with shined shoes. make a good impression, and show you're serious about the job. if you just automatically jump into the humdrum routine of acting like every other long-time casual worker there, you miss the opportunity to really display that you're there to learn/improve/do a job well. 'dress for future success'.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6665|BC, Canada
First impressions count, dress well and show that you are more than bottom rung material.
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5987|Toronto
Job starts Tuesday afternoon.
Wednesday: Evaluation for possible other job (70km away) 0800-1200, training for first job (20 km away in other direction) 1400-2230.
Thursday: Interview for third possible job 0900-1300, training for first job 1400-2230.
Friday: Work current job 0800-1300, new job training 1400-2230.

Yeah, goodbye sleep. Hello commuting.
I like pie.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5549|Toronto
Most graduates can't get 1 job, let alone 3. Teach me your black magic.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6318

Sell yourself
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4260
pochsy how do you have a degree of the UofT but you struggle to get a job? if you guys make that out to be your oxbridge, you should be strolling into positions.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5549|Toronto

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

pochsy how do you have a degree of the UofT but you struggle to get a job? if you guys make that out to be your oxbridge, you should be strolling into positions.
I do have employment for the summer (the same job I've held for the past 3 summers at excellent pay rate), but most students end up working the usual retail and research positions at terrible rates.

And for grads we do better than most places. Problem is that the Canadian economy isn't booming, so it's a fight for the best jobs. In our field (Politics and International Relations) the graduates do extremely well. It's the "Canadian Studies" or "Caribbean Studies" students who get to sweep the floor.

Also, I'm still in the bubble for the most part. Masters degree means I can only go for 4 month positions. Stay in school 'till they kick you out
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4260
yuuup.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6723|Riva, MD
Sunburnt as fuck from sitting outside for 2 hours talking to my mom about the job.  I wanna watch TV but sitting in front of the fan is the only way the sunburn doesn't bother me
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4260
you should try heroin
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6629|Little Bentcock
You sat outside for two hours talking about your job? Why not go inside if you were burning up
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6723|Riva, MD

Adams_BJ wrote:

You sat outside for two hours talking about your job? Why not go inside if you were burning up
Well my job and a bunch of other shit too.  I wasn't really burned until about an hour and a half in and I figured it wouldn't get too much worse than that.  Oh how wrong I was.

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

you should try heroin
lol why do you keep saying that?
tuckergustav
+1,590|5920|...

_j5689_ wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

Well my job and a bunch of other shit too.  I wasn't really burned until about an hour and a half in and I figured it wouldn't get too much worse than that.  Oh how wrong I was.
If you start to feel burned while IN the sun...it's about a 1/2 hour too late to prevent a bad burn.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6112|eXtreme to the maX

_j5689_ wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

you should try heroin
Projecting
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5987|Toronto

Pochsy wrote:

Most graduates can't get 1 job, let alone 3. Teach me your black magic.
Apply, apply, apply, apply. None of these jobs have anything to do with my degree.
I like pie.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4260

Dilbert_X wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

you should try heroin
Projecting
uuuh i'm not sure people really 'project' taking heroin. believe it or not, not everyone that takes an illicit substance (a rather wide category) is interested in/wants to take heroin. you sound like one of those dumb christian housewives from the 1970's that got scared and tried to portray everyone who smokes a joint as some zombie rapist.

& i keep recommending it to that dude cause he keeps coming here with the worlds most trivial FWP, talking about the inane and tiny challenges of his every-day life as if it's some deep personal struggle. heroin would put him in a warm womb of comfort.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-05-05 07:29:31)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6723|Riva, MD
I don't think I need an addiction to hard drugs to manage tbh.  True enough though that I don't have many, if any, ways to cope with stuff and that's why I've been trying to keep things as easy and unchallenging as possible.  It's whatever works really.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4260
abusing puppies helps me attain peace of mind
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6112|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

_j5689_ wrote:

Projecting
uuuh i'm not sure people really 'project' taking heroin.
Yeah you are, you're desperate to try it but you're too scared.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4260
so provocative dilbert!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6778|PNW

take it to the online dating thread

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard