13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

lol, capslock owned
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The challenge seems to go out the window when you can simply fly over everything.
I don't think the challenge is to fight every single enemy in every street, every time you are trying to get somewhere.

Flying is definitely a better way to get around than the acrobatic movement though.

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2013-04-26 19:33:04)

13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

-Whiteroom- wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The challenge seems to go out the window when you can simply fly over everything.
I dont think the challenge is to fight every single enemy in every street, every time you are trying to get somewhere.
no, that would be posting to bf2s when uzique is logged in.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
Meh, he doesn't bother me to much anymore. If he wants to be the guy to yell at walls, all the power to him. He's a dick about it, but what person isn't on here nowadays, aside from the chill Aussies and those Canadians from Ontario.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

i didn't sober up to take this kind of abuse!

actually, i enjoy posting a 5 word post nowadays to see him say a 5 paragraph response

for someone so into schooling, it amazes me that he can't see that all of the common sense has been educated out of him . . .
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

and, he can't tell that i've been sober 3 weeks, he keeps beating the drum "quit drinking for your livers' sake!" like i'm going to listen to him over my doctor. what a fop!
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada
TBH, I don't know whats going on between you two...

He likes writing quite a lot, more power to him, it's his photography if you will. As for the common sense thing, there isn't a lot around here. I find his way of looking at things better than say, jays bias and overly know-it-all subjective opinions on objective matters.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
I think flying would be pretty cool
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

Adams_BJ wrote:

It is. Takes a bit of getting used to. Would probably make you puke if you were drunk.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6467

-Whiteroom- wrote:

TBH, I don't know whats going on between you two...
i just have a problem with how he's a cnut to everybody, all the time - if Bernadictis were here, i'd be long gone and so would he.

despite that, i like hearing from regular posters about what they are playing, working on, what they've found recently. i just dislike the caustic commentary from a fop that berates everyone else for his own well-being, and the moderation that is spineless enough to tolerate it.

i should give a review of DC Universe about now, but clearly i'd rather rag on some oxbridge freak who has free run of a forum that i used to feel welcome in.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Adams_BJ wrote:

It is.

-Whiteroom- wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I don't think the challenge is to fight every single enemy in every street, every time you are trying to get somewhere.

Flying is definitely a better way to get around than the acrobatic movement though.
I sort of agree, but it's like the "I win" button of the game. There's nothing to do once you're high up and moving except keep moving, hover, or land. Nothing really tries to shoot you down or engage you in air-to-air combat (which would be a pretty cool mission, unless it was put in after I stopped playing).
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
flying in MMO's sucks. might be a little different in a super-hero themed one, with a rich vertical-city design, but in games like WoW it was an early death-knell. all that rich content they designed, the huge, expansive world... completely flattened by a mount and mode of transport that let you fly over all of it, in one uniform stroke. having to navigate past irrelevant mobs and enemies may be an annoyance, or lumbering around difficult terrain... but it adds to the game's sense of scale and quest.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6629|BC, Canada

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Adams_BJ wrote:

It is.

-Whiteroom- wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I sort of agree, but it's like the "I win" button of the game. There's nothing to do once you're high up and moving except keep moving, hover, or land. Nothing really tries to shoot you down or engage you in air-to-air combat (which would be a pretty cool mission, unless it was put in after I stopped playing).
They do chase you to an extent now. Last night I had finished a mission and as I trjied to fly away. I keep getting pulled back in, woulda died if I had kept trying to fly away. Had to turn around and kill the guys who had locked on to me.

@uzique: the buildings in metropolis are pretty tall, so there is depth, flying along the streets is pretty fun. Also there are things to gather, so there is incentives to explore pretty thoroughly.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

@whiteroom: Not the same thing. Getting endlessly lasso'd was an annoyance, not aerial combat. It's like playing one of those flying dreams some people have where they get caught in telephone wires or can otherwise not take off for very long. Why can't we dogfight other flyers or even machines in the city skyline?

As to the rich city design, DCUO is still heavily-instanced. Even if they did introduce lots of aerial combat mechanics, you couldn't exactly smash through the side of a building, trade blows in the middle of an office and then crash through the opposite wall. Flying is simply reduced to a less-lazy way of getting around than simply offering the players a bunch of teleport waypoints, made slightly more tolerable in that the vistas and soundtrack offered are pretty.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard