Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

She has been ID for at least since yesterday.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

Macbeth wrote:

Why are the white woman and child getting all the attention and no one is paying attention to the dead Asian girl from the Boston attack? Where is her family's spokesman and press conference? I wouldn't mind finding out what her parents have to say.
the chinese embassy, on behalf of her family, ask she not be identified. she has been in UK media, anyway, but i'm pretty sure they want as much privacy as possible.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Our media isn't known for restraint. CNN had two big alerts and front page stories when the other two were ID. I don't buy this respecting privacy line when the reporters attacked the roommates of the Arab that got tackled by some asshole.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
a little speck of dirt on my screen made it look like this threads name was "Pace relations thread"
Tu Stultus Es
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

They interviewed the nurse who was with the white lady who dies.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/17/health/bo … ?hpt=hp_t2
Can't find even another student to talk about how great the Asian lady was or find the nurse who tended to her?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
jesus man drop the fucking weird obsession. maybe chinese families aren't used to prostituting their tragedy to network television for infinite replay value.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
ive been told by a lot of chinese exchange students that the vast majority of chinese students in the US are dumb fucks who just got lucky with a visa.  theyre just here to party.
Tu Stultus Es
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
majority of international students over here are pretty dumb too. just here cause they have the money. but that's neither here nor there.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6709|Toronto | Canada

really? i dont know more than maybe 5 asian international students that even drink. most are locked in their room studying 24/7
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

majority of international students over here are pretty dumb too. just here cause they have the money. but that's neither here nor there.
pretty universal. and the fact that when they go back they get bonus points for "studying overseas." Competition for slots from local uni's vs uni's overseas for the same level of education is a lot harder. Same goes for India with their tech schools, way harder to get into those schools (due to amount of applicants) than other schools overseas.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Winston_Churchill wrote:

really? i dont know more than maybe 5 asian international students that even drink. most are locked in their room studying 24/7
they don't drink with white people. they party with their own through korean/chinese/taiwanese/whateverasian student associations.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
some foregin student chick i was messing with lived in the dorms and her room mate was a chinese student and she had her chinese student friends over there all the time and i would get to talking to them and they told me that most of their compatriots dont care at all about studying
Tu Stultus Es
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

oh i know. some of the ones in commerce drink often, but any i know in science or humanities never do - from talking to them and facebook pictures
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
the biggest reason they were here was to learn english but they made zero effort in trying
Tu Stultus Es
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

pretty universal. and the fact that when they go back they get bonus points for "studying overseas." Competition for slots from local uni's vs uni's overseas for the same level of education is a lot harder. Same goes for India with their tech schools, way harder to get into those schools (due to amount of applicants) than other schools overseas.
"the same level of education"? lol there are like maybe 20 asian unis that are worth a damn worldwide.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Winston_Churchill wrote:

oh i know. some of the ones in commerce drink often, but any i know in science or humanities never do - from talking to them and facebook pictures
I rarely see science kids go out and party anyway. over in aussieland its mostly commerce/humanities kids who do the partying.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
they just hung out with chinese and chinese americans
Tu Stultus Es
eleven bravo
+1,399|5229|foggy bottom
i also learned most chinese 20 somethings dont care about politics or china's place in the world
Tu Stultus Es
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

"the same level of education"? lol there are like maybe 20 asian unis that are worth a damn worldwide.
Yeah I know. And it's easier to get into the same ranked schools overseas than it is than those top 20 asian uni's. I never said asian uni's are good, but they are harder to get into than a comparable uni overseas due to the sheer amount of local applicants.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

Cybargs wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

I rarely see science kids go out and party anyway. over in aussieland its mostly commerce/humanities kids who do the partying.
its cause were smarter than all the rest
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
ah, i see what you mean.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

australia has like 3 unis that are worth shit at humanities. humanities is just as difficult. let's not even go there again
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

australia has like 3 unis that are worth shit at humanities. humanities is just as difficult. let's not even go there again
ANU, U Sydney and U Melbourne?
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

took the bait
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

Cybargs wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Winston_Churchill wrote:

ANU, U Sydney and U Melbourne?
mostly only the latter two. ANU is pretty much like the UCL of australia. really big and automatically ranked high for all research. haha.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard