Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6749|Toronto, ON

Nyte wrote:

Pochsy wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Went out for 3 months before I cut it off because I was too busy with work.
Where do you work? If in China Town, I'll stop by for Dim Sum.
I work in Markham at AMD.  But I live semi-downtown in Dupont/Ossington area.
I don't know good places in Toronto GTA for Dim Sum.  In Hong Kong, I went to a place called Tim Ho Wan which serves by far the best BBQ Pork Buns I have ever had.  It is a Michelin Star rated restaurant (1 star) and is also the cheapest Dim Sum and Michelin Star restaurant in the world ($9 for my full dose of Dim Sum).
Alpha as fuck.
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5540|Toronto
Dim Sum is spotty in Toronto, to say the least. I've been the same place twice within a month and had radically different experiences. Usually I try to only go at 3am after I've been drinking for 4 hours. I find it tastes best after lager.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6664

13urnzz wrote:

Nyte wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

nyte is the unreal-ist dude i have ever met
You've never met me.  And I wouldn't want you to meet me because you might end up liking me and wanting to hang out like bros or whatever.
you sound like a 'bros before hoes' kinda guy. you and uzique would hit it off beautifly . . .
Most definitely.  Bromance.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England
Dunno why you're all hating on nyte, he seems perfectly normal to me.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Brasso
+1,549|6628

jord wrote:

im going in june, south east asia in particular. indonesia, thailand, camboda, vietnam. just travelling.
it's gonna be hot

really fucking hot

good luck
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Aries_37
arrivederci frog
+368|6572|London

Nyte wrote:

In Hong Kong, I went to a place called Tim Ho Wan which serves by far the best BBQ Pork Buns I have ever had.  It is a Michelin Star rated restaurant (1 star) and is also the cheapest Dim Sum and Michelin Star restaurant in the world ($9 for my full dose of Dim Sum).
The pork buns are <3. Place is retardedly busy though.

Pochsy wrote:

Dim Sum is spotty in Toronto, to say the least.
I've been to Chinatown in Toronto once and I got food poisoning.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6664

Brasso wrote:

jord wrote:

im going in june, south east asia in particular. indonesia, thailand, camboda, vietnam. just travelling.
it's gonna be hot

really fucking hot

good luck
June.
It's not the heat the will get you,  but the 100% humidity.   You'll be a walking dead of sweat in the shade.  You'll be begging for the periodic downpour. 

There is a reason it's cheap in June.
Brasso
+1,549|6628

Ilocano wrote:

Brasso wrote:

jord wrote:

it's gonna be hot

really fucking hot

good luck
June.
It's not the heat the will get you,  but the 100% humidity.   You'll be a walking dead of sweat in the shade.  You'll be begging for the periodic downpour. 

There is a reason it's cheap in June.
regardless of it being rainy/dry season it's going to be really fucking hot. i hate southeast asia solely because of the weather
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6664

December January is the best time to go.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

Nyte wrote:

jord wrote:

In Thailand, be wary of many scams.  I did tons of research before going so it was easy to spot them.

A small list of stuff to take note of.  This applies to Thailand, and possibly Vietnam.  Cambodia is in a much poorer state so not sure if these will apply there:
- Tuk-tuk drivers, learn to haggle and negotiate.  I'd say an average trip of like... 5-10 minutes should cost no more than 100 Baht (which is about $3 USD/CAD).  You can definitely negotiate it lower.  If they say no, go to another tuk-tuk driver or swallow your pride and pay the extra dollar or two.
- The Grand Palace is open everyday until 4 PM.  Don't listen to random folks coming up to you telling you it's closed and they'll take you to another temple for a small fee.  Some even wear a shirt that says "Tourist Police".  Surprisingly tons of people fall for this shit.
- Always get the taxi driver to start the meter when you get in.  Do NOT negotiate fees with them.  If they don't start the meter, just hail another one.
- Don't rent out jet-skis or motorbikes.  They may scam you by checking the equipment after and claiming "damages" you incurred.  They may even call the cops (real cops) to assess the situation.  What will happen is that the cop will tell you he "negotiated" the fee down for you.  Afterwards, he'll get a small cut and you think you've won (but you actually lost).
- Sukhimvit line is the best place for Thai hookers if you're into that.  They are really damn cheap.  Use protection.  I personally didn't use these services as I am in a committed relationship.
- You will see old fat white American/European men walking around with really young hot Thai women.  Just ignore them.  I personally saw some get accosted by the locals and even tourists calling them perverts, capitalist pigs, etc.  It's their personal life and what they want to do with it is up to them as long as it doesn't affect you.
- It's ridiculously hot whereas public transportation and malls are ridiculously air-conditioned.  It's a huge sigh of relief every time you walk into a mall after a long day.
- Don't go elephant riding, you will be promoting animal cruelty (I'm one of those nature-lovers so you may not agree).
- Don't rent cars.  Driving in Bangkok will get most people killed.  I rented one in Koh Samui (which is an island in Thailand) and even then, it was tough.
- The Full Moon Party is a white persons party (there is also a decent sized population of Asians checking out the scene because they are into EDM and FMP is VERY EDM).  You can get buckets of alcohol for dirt cheap.  I had 2 buckets of something I can't remember and I was on full tilt for the night.  It lasts from 10 PM to 7 AM.  I bowed out early personally because we had scuba diving the next morning (being hungover and scuba diving is a death sentence).  It's actually pretty safe from my experience.  Don't let those news reports scare you.  Just don't take random pills and you'll be fine.
- Street food is fucking amazing.  Local pad thai is awesome.  Sweet sticky rice with mango is awesome.  Prepare to pay almost $3 for a full night's meal if eating from the street.  Sure it looks a bit dirty... but you gotta man up.  It'll boost your immune system too.
- Thai's are very friendly folk... overtly friendly sometimes.  They don't take tips normally unless you go to a westernized restaurant.

That's about all I can think of.
I was in Thailand for a little over 2 weeks and you're a retard minus the pad thai review and friendliness of the locals (It's called "the Land of Smiles" for a reason).  I also never paid more than 60 baht for pad thai with meat, even in Bangkok.

The best place for hookers is Pattaya (Walking Street).  Pattaya is the 'sin city' of Thailand in regards to nightlife and girls.  You probably visited boys town if you were there. 

Sukhimvit is full of 16 year old hookers and lady boys and old white men.  Good bars though. 

Tuk tuks are always a rip off.  Taxis are virtually always cheaper.  Who the fuck would rent a car when motorbikes are like $6/day?  Renting a motorbike is the best way to get around anywhere in Thailand, including on Koh Samui and on Koh Phangan, although Koh Phangan is a bit dangerous (if/when you go, ask any local what a 'koh phangan tattoo' is).  I had a rented motorbike every single day I was there.  I even crashed mine.  No cop to incur damages or extort me...in fact the shop owner was awesome about it and didn't even make me pay the deductible I signed up for - just had someone come out and fix the scratches and replace the tire for like $15 US. 

The tourist police are....actual POLICE looking out for tourists haha.  Sure you could get scammed by some retard in a 'tourist police' shirt if you're a dummy, but there are actual tourist police (especially in sukhimvit) looking out for tourists...dummy.

Follow my advice on the full moon party I posted earlier.

I can't stop LOL'ing at your advice.  You may have been good at sniping in BF2 but you're terribad at traveling.

Ilocano wrote:

December January is the best time to go.
most popular and most expensive time to go too.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

In dollar terms how much are these Thai hookers?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

my brother paid $10 for one in Pattaya, and when we went back to the bar the next night she was all over him and he ended up going back and screwing her again for free.  I think in Bangkok on Sukhimvit they were asking for like $30.  I think you can get soapys (shower and fuck or maybe suck) for like $15.  I was over paying for a hooker when I was there, but I saw some really really hot chicks.  Just remember as you take her home that some dirty 60 year old ex-pat was probably boffing her an hour ago.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

I'm seriously LOL'ing at nyte's pro tourism tips.  I'm probably coming across as an asshole but having been there, most of that is bad advice.
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6664

Macbeth wrote:

In dollar terms how much are these Thai hookers?
Just go.   It's worth it.  Just cut off all ties once you take off on the flight home.

Also treat them nice.   Don't be an arrogant or sadist douche.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Of course I will treat them nicely. What makes you think I am a sadist? Also of course I am not going to keep contact with them. I don't get attached like that. I won't try to give one a better life.

I still have never paid for sex but if you go to Thailand it is sort of something you have to do. You get a pass.

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-04-16 18:16:10)

Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6664

Yes.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

The most disgusting thing I saw was some Dutch creeper fucker who had his little 15 year old BOY fuck toy.  Fucking disgusting.  Jacko.  Worked at Haad Gruad.  Here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review … vince.html

that reminds me of another tip - don't book any accommodations at the airport or through the "thai tourism".  They will tell you anything to get you to book with them.  They won't rip you off per say, but they will tell you that some shit hole has a olympic sized pool and air con with flat screen TVs so you book with them.  Virtually everywhere you go you can find accommodations on the fly.  The one place I recommend right on Sukhimvit is Nana Hotel.  I think it was a total of $50/night but worth it if you want a clean, modern hotel room with plenty of space.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6682|United States of America
Why are prostitutes even getting a mention on so many of your guys travel itineraries?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5355|London, England
You are on a gaming forum.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6629|949

alternatively, we are specifically talking about Thailand, a place very well-known as a sex tourism destination.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6749|Toronto, ON
My experience was based only on Bangkok and not Pattaya so my review for that destination is accurate (and if you actually watched my video, I specifically mention Bangkok at the beginning).  So yes, for Bangkok, Sukhimvit is the place for sex.  http://www.bangkokredeye.com/where-to-f … ngkok.html

Although Tuk-tuks are not worth it, it is worth it to go on it at least once to experience a "rickshaw" ride.

And yes, my taxi point about them not turning on meters is accurate.  http://voices.yahoo.com/how-take-taxi-t … 31593.html

And yes, my Full Moon Party point about it being infested with white people is accurate.  http://www.travelblog.org/Asia/Thailand … 55732.html

And yes, the tourist police/grand palace is a real scam.  http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g29 … iland.html

And yes, my point about not renting a car in Bangkok is accurate.  http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thailand/ba … ere-around

And yes, my point about elephant riding promoting animal cruelty is accurate.  http://thaiwildorchids.com/environmental_concerns.htm

And yes, my point about the jetski/motorbike scam is accurate.  http://www.girlandtheworld.org/tips-on- … -thailand/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsPuoaktoAw

I feel like you are an idiot if you don't agree with my point that it's hot outside and air-conditioned within public transit/malls.  I don't even have to explain this point.

So in conclusion, you're a retard if you think my advice is "retarded".  I backed up my points with sources (and experience).  You back it up with baseless experience.

I suggest someone to not follow my advice at all versus following them.  See how it turns out (considering that almost all my advice is cautionary action, not immediate action which requires like no fucking work). 

I guarantee you if I post this on TripAdvisor and someone else posts another which says NOT to follow my advice, I will win hands-fucking-down.

Last edited by Nyte (2013-04-16 20:29:41)

Alpha as fuck.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Don't listen to this guy, Jord. Ride an elephant. The elephant wants you to ride him. He rather have you ride him than being poor and having to farm.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6749|Toronto, ON

Macbeth wrote:

Don't listen to this guy, Jord. Ride an elephant. The elephant wants you to ride him. He rather have you ride him than being poor and having to farm.
They stick hooks in their ears/skull and steer them which may cause bleeding and tears.  If you do insist on riding an elephant, pick one that doesn't use these hooks and one that doesn't require you to sit on a chair on top of them.

I recall reading that you can go to elephant reserves somewhere to ride them in a safe manner but it wasn't in my itinerary so I didn't research it.

Last edited by Nyte (2013-04-16 20:26:05)

Alpha as fuck.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696
Nyte's fan base was primarily 12 year old sycophants impressed by his mediocre sniper skills. He doesn't yet realize that they've all grown up and left.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5696

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard