unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

Descent was so awsm with multiplayer  in 1994 95
Descent multiplayer was trollolicious. Escaping the map with a buddy? BODY BLOCK!
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6321|Graz, Austria
UT99, Phobos Moon, sitting on top of the tower, hiding behind the button console...
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

They haven't released an Unreal since 2007. 2009 if you count a booster pack. I wonder what the hell they are waiting for.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4252

Macbeth wrote:

They haven't released an Unreal since 2007. 2009 if you count a booster pack. I wonder what the hell they are waiting for.
the market has moved on. the last great unreal tournament esque game was launched for free, as a browser game (quake live).

unreal tournament 3 was a critical failure.

doubt they're making any more.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Breaks my heart.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6620|Little Bentcock
I liked unreal. the game unreal not unreal tournament. you know that one?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Yes I do.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6620|Little Bentcock
yea that game was fun. never played UT though
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6309

UT for PS2 was badass
jsnipy
+3,276|6520|...

Adams_BJ wrote:

I liked unreal. the game unreal not unreal tournament. you know that one?
i still remember that soft chirp of the translator
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6687|Tampa Bay Florida
Just saw that 1 minute trailer with Rihanna music on comedy central.  We haven't even seen the multiplayer and they are already running ads for it on television 6 months in advance.  For fucks sake I am beginning to lose all hope for this game, whatever I had in the beginning anyway.

Last edited by Spearhead (2013-04-08 21:04:17)

DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone

Macbeth wrote:

Breaks my heart.
Only the original was worth playing, why would you think another shitty sequel would be any different?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

I liked the later incarnations.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4252

DrunkFace wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Breaks my heart.
Only the original was worth playing, why would you think another shitty sequel would be any different?
ut2k4 actually added a lot of nuance and new aspects to movement, and fostered a huge parallel scene to the usual 'classic only brah' mentality.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-09 04:11:49)

Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5699|College Park, MD
I saw this shit at GameStop

http://mp1st.com/2013/03/28/battlefield … der-bonus/

They have no fucking shame.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg

Spearhead wrote:

Just saw that 1 minute trailer with Rihanna music on comedy central.  We haven't even seen the multiplayer and they are already running ads for it on television 6 months in advance.  For fucks sake I am beginning to lose all hope for this game, whatever I had in the beginning anyway.
after over hearing it i had to look at the tv and shake my head, 'awww nooo. that's terrible! '
Roc18
`
+655|5788|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Spearhead wrote:

I'm sick of this hypeshit. Obscure trailers, shitty commercials with Rihanna music and it looks just like BF3. Huge money grab.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6656|BC, Canada
Do any of you even think its gonna be better? Really? Pull your heads out of your asses. The game is following the money, just like cod. Its there to appeal to as wide of an audience as possible. Guess what, this game is not made for you, nor was the last one. It will be more flashy, more rewards, more dlc, more pay to win. Simple economics, not gaming.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6321|Graz, Austria

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

I saw this shit at GameStop

http://mp1st.com/2013/03/28/battlefield … der-bonus/

They have no fucking shame.
Your only mission will be to cross the border to Pakistan and fire missiles at Al-Qaeda camps, while avoiding to kill civilians near gasoline trucks.
Boss mission takes you to Abbottabad, where you attack a building complex at night.
Easter egg will take you to a location on the ocean, where you can spot a dumped body under water.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6220|Escea

Just to go off for a second.

Considering China is definitely in this one, I wonder if they'll remake any of the old PLA maps. I imagine Karkand will probably return (though I can't see how different they can make it).
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6688|Devon, England
I would like a Songhua remake.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone
I would like people to repopulate BF2 servers.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Do any of you even think its gonna be better? Really? Pull your heads out of your asses. The game is following the money, just like cod. Its there to appeal to as wide of an audience as possible. Guess what, this game is not made for you, nor was the last one. It will be more flashy, more rewards, more dlc, more pay to win. Simple economics, not gaming.
Holy shit that is some remarkable insight you have
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6656|BC, Canada
Shut up mac you putz. Go pop more acid moran. Keep us posted you awkward piece of shit.

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2013-04-09 23:26:41)

globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6321|Graz, Austria

M.O.A.B wrote:

Considering China is definitely in this one, I wonder if they'll remake any of the old PLA maps. I imagine Karkand will probably return (though I can't see how different they can make it).

FFLink wrote:

I would like a Songhua remake.
Yeah, I liked that map too, because there were only transport choppers in the sky.
It was unique among all BF2 maps with its dense, partially impassable bamboo forests.

I'd like to see a Great Wall remake.
Pretty much the most iconic Chinese landmark.

Also, I really liked Operation Blue Pearl.
Incidentally, that map was called "Shanghai Showdown" during development, and AFAIK, there is going to be a depiction of present-day Shanghai in BF4 as well.

Also, Dragon Valley and Fushe Pass are pretty good maps based in China.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard