Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|4263|Sydney
I saw Soundgarden about a year ago and enjoyed it, though it wasn't quite the showstopper performance I was expecting it to be. Maybe I had high expectations.

Jaekus wrote:

I saw Soundgarden about a year ago and enjoyed it, though it wasn't quite the showstopper performance I was expecting it to be. Maybe I had high expectations.
yeah like it was going to be 1997 again ^5
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|4263|Sydney
I saw Faith No More a couple years ago and they were amazing.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|4263|Sydney
Just bought tickets to see TOOL
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|5558|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Kraftwerk coming to Finland this summer
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|3339
bitches, tonight, I AM the concert

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/547011_10152607762105118_498643032_n.jpg

promo vid

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|4263|Sydney
Saw Puscifer last night, really good. Although their albums aren't quite as heavy as some Tool and A Perfect Circle they translated well live and really cranked it up on a few songs. Billy Howerdel and James Iha sat in armchairs on the stage drinking wine made by MJK for about five songs, as A Perfect Circle are here also and are playing today (the bassist and drummer from APC are also in Puscifer).

Which leads me to today's affair... SOUNDWAVE!!!!!!!!!

https://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/857096_10151689724387262_724411895_o.jpg

My pics are Tomahawk, Kyuss and A Perfect Circle. I will also see Anthrax, Cypress Hill, Slayer and cut between Garbage and Linkin Park. I'm not a punk fan so I'll see Metallica over Blink 182 and The Offspring. The "special guest" on the second stage is apparently an Aussie band, and seeing as there's nothing on at that time I want to see I'll go check that out whilst purchasing outrageously overpriced drinks.

Last edited by Jaekus (2013-02-22 12:15:26)

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|4263|Sydney
One of the shots from Metallica tonight (this is from their official FB page)

https://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/19721_10151279539510264_1313164192_n.jpg
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|4263|Sydney
Future Music Festival this Saturday.

https://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/557899_10151349321571656_837593287_n.jpg

Really keen to see The Prodigy

https://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/485041_10151363277971656_462712480_n.jpg
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|4263|Sydney
Future Music... I don't think I will go to another dance festival, unless I get some tribal tatts, take my shirt off and encourage people into piggy back rides whilst pinging.
LittleBitchy
I hope Hell has wi-fi.
+150|4544|Yeah, there :)
Billy Talent in July. Yaaaaaaay!
Fall seven times. Stand up eight.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,926|5716|949

Jaekus wrote:

Future Music... I don't think I will go to another dance festival, unless I get some tribal tatts, take my shirt off and encourage people into piggy back rides whilst pinging.
what did you expect with that lineup?  It looked really bad.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4442|London, England
https://thebronxxx.com/bx4/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/BADRELIGION-B1-297x420-v05.jpg
March 26th
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,003|4442|London, England

Jaekus wrote:

Saw Puscifer last night, really good. Although their albums aren't quite as heavy as some Tool and A Perfect Circle they translated well live and really cranked it up on a few songs. Billy Howerdel and James Iha sat in armchairs on the stage drinking wine made by MJK for about five songs, as A Perfect Circle are here also and are playing today (the bassist and drummer from APC are also in Puscifer).

Which leads me to today's affair... SOUNDWAVE!!!!!!!!!



My pics are Tomahawk, Kyuss and A Perfect Circle. I will also see Anthrax, Cypress Hill, Slayer and cut between Garbage and Linkin Park. I'm not a punk fan so I'll see Metallica over Blink 182 and The Offspring. The "special guest" on the second stage is apparently an Aussie band, and seeing as there's nothing on at that time I want to see I'll go check that out whilst purchasing outrageously overpriced drinks.
Make sure you hit stage 6 and see VoD and SOIA!

Nevermind! It was two weeks ago!

Last edited by Jay (2013-03-13 08:26:05)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|4263|Sydney

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Future Music... I don't think I will go to another dance festival, unless I get some tribal tatts, take my shirt off and encourage people into piggy back rides whilst pinging.
what did you expect with that lineup?  It looked really bad.
I was only there for The Prodigy, Stone Roses and Bloc Party. Perhaps I was optimistic that a couple bands there would somehow make the crowd less douchey. Kinda did, but not in any significant way.
Wreckognize
Member
+294|5569
James Blake on May 12th and Mount Kimbie on May 31st fuck yessssss.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|3339

Wreckognize wrote:

James Blake on May 12th and Mount Kimbie on May 31st fuck yessssss.
mount kimbie live can be so fucking terrible. i hope you catch them on a good night.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|5558|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Jaekus wrote:

Future Music Festival this Saturday.



Really keen to see The Prodigy
How were they?
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|5743|BC, Canada
Nas is playing a free show in Whistler tonight. Gonna go check that out. Next Saturday, Trouble Andrew and Swollen Members. Hopefully Classified does a show up there to this week.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|3339


the legends reassemble, at one of the world's best clubs... this weekend. launching a new mix.

promo



lock'n'load
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|4263|Sydney

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Future Music Festival this Saturday.



Really keen to see The Prodigy
How were they?
They were good, but I was quite over it all by that stage as half the people there weren't really about the music and saw it more as a "hang out with their friends whilst on pingers" festival. Just didn't have the vibe I wanted. Also they were in a big tent which was weird. Would've been better on one of the main stages. I see this as a reflection on the festival and not the act.

Seeing TOOL in a couple weeks, mate is flying up from Melbourne for the weekend. Shall be large.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|5558|6 6 4 oh, I forget

That's a pity. When they were in Turku a couple years ago they became one of the few bands to make the ground shake. It's a weird feeling when that happens Was an awesome show and I even got a ride back to the hotel with one of the ER tents' ambalamps.

Also, gonna go shoot the Michael Monroe show on saturday. Good old rock n' roll.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|3339
surely it's the sound-system that makes the ground-shake, not an inherent quality of the band
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|5558|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

surely it's the sound-system that makes the ground-shake, not an inherent quality of the band
Actually it's when the crowd that goes gaga and jumps around the earth starts to vibe too. Ergo, quality of the band
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|3339


although saying that, people drunk enough at the right sort of concert really will jump around at anything.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-18 04:01:05)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2021 Jeff Minard