Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
13/f/taiwan
+940|5668
macbeth do you say the stuff you post on bf2s carelessly in real life as well?

i always think of this guy as the closest comparison when i read your posts:

https://www.graffitiwithpunctuation.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/randal-graves.jpg

and he is from new jersey.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

I am very normal in real life. No one knows I am a Haunter in the real world.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

https://i.minus.com/iP1Uc6eNVc72h.gif
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Hey I got a gold PBA card today. You know the ones they only give to family. It even has my name inscribed on it. I won't be put out on the side of the road and handcuffed next time I get pulled over like you do bimonthly.
one only gets you so far sunshine. don't think you can get away with too much. relative of an officer badge is the one you should aim for. second best get out fine/minor arrest ticket.
I thought the gold cards were for immediate family?

I'd love to have one of those but I don't know if they honor shit like that in this area and my relative is only my cousin, and he's a relatively new cop in a neighboring city so the applicable plastic version of the card might not hold much weight when pulled over by a county cop, which are the only cops that ever do.

It'll make me feel a lot better when dealing with all the infamous asshole Prince George's County police though

Last edited by _j5689_ (2013-04-06 21:09:46)

13/f/taiwan
+940|5668
in nyc it's a tiny gold badge that they give to immediate family only. there is a general description on the wallet which holds the badge stating the relationship to the officer(e.g. officer's brother) and the picture of the officer. so it can, hypothetically, be given/used by anyone. unless the cop who stopped you calls the person.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
Personally, I wouldn't want an illegitimately acquired card anyway regardless of the possible benefits.  I might bring it up with my cousin just to see about it next time I see him in person though.  I've read about it a little bit, there seems to be several different levels, the expensive gold one for immediate family, the silver one(not sure what that one is meant for, probably more distant family and close friends) and the cheap plastic ones that can be given to pretty much anybody the officer gives any bit of a shit about if he decides.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
How can that be legal?

That's just straight out corruption.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

How can that be legal?

That's just straight outta Compton.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

They don't have to recognize it. It is a just a more formal name dropping.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

The card I have is a relative card. It is colored gold. Not real gold but is has weight to it.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5668

DrunkFace wrote:

How can that be legal?

That's just straight out corruption.
welcome to america.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5668
there are plenty of nyc cops who, without the officer title, would receive $1,000,000+ worth of parking/speeding tickets. i'm not exaggerating. they park their cars wherever they want with the exception of security-sensitive areas(UN, federal plaza, WTC, times square etc) dozens of times throughout the week. the average parking ticket can run you $115 and you can't reduce it anymore. federal law enforcement and forgien diplomats enjoy the same luxury. i remember reading about diplomats oweing nyc a grand total of $17,000,000 in parking fines. insane stuff.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/09/ … 0D20110924

Last edited by 13/f/taiwan (2013-04-06 22:19:07)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

NYC is such a shitty place for so many things. If it ever loses Wall Street it will end up like Detroit.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5668
U.S. congressmen Michael Grimm, Peter King and Edolphus Towns have introduced legislation that would impose sanctions on countries with diplomats who fail to pay parking fines in New York City.
lol
13/f/taiwan
+940|5668

Macbeth wrote:

NYC is such a shitty place for so many things. If it ever loses Wall Street it will end up like Detroit.
nope.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

What does NYC have going for it besides a strong economy? Weather sucks, laws suck. taxes suck. It is too expensive. There is no reason to live in NYC or North Jersey if you have money and are not tied down because of work. Can't wait to move to Tampa and hope that you Muslims manage to nuke times square.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
I think of those police courtesy cards like having the person that gave it to you be there in spirit, which is nice because everybody wants a cop on their side when they have to deal with one, especially somebody like me who completely loses their shit with anxiety whenever they have to deal with one.  Who doesn't like to have the benefit of the doubt where they can get it?
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6623
That is beyond fucked up.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
I love burritos
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

_j5689_ wrote:

I think of those police courtesy cards like having the person that gave it to you be there in spirit, which is nice because everybody wants a cop on their side when they have to deal with one, especially somebody like me who completely loses their shit with anxiety whenever they have to deal with one.  Who doesn't like to have the benefit of the doubt where they can get it?
Its nepotism, and shouldn't be permitted - at least police shouldn't be able to favour people because of it.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

_j5689_ wrote:

the law should apply equally to everyone, regardless of race, creed, religion, sex, etc.

having a card that says "oh i know a senior law-enforcement official" is not democratic rule under one law. it is nepotism.

this is the sort of casually accepted shit in america that sees rich white dudes being able to flirt with cocaine and get away with it, and still lead very successful lives going to all the right schools... and sees a large proportion of the young black male population behind bars. it is systemic discrimination. lol america. "land of the free"... if you know the right people.

lowest social mobility in the western world, and you have a legal system that applies mitigating circumstances if you know the 'right' people. what a bold experiment in freedom. shit reminds me of the rampant bribe/social leverage system they use in crazy fundamentalist shitholes like saudi arabia. the saddest thing is that the UK's politico-class have taken too many cues from their anglo-american fraternity these last few decades... and we're headed the same way as you, irrevocably downwards.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-04-07 04:58:31)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Upper classes have always had an advantage with the police and the law in the UK - thats how the class system works.

Land of the free

A visit to Cuba by US pop singer Beyonce and her rap star husband Jay-Z is coming under scrutiny in connection with the US economic embargo.

Two Republican members of Congress have requested official information on whether the couple had US government permission to travel there.

Americans are not allowed to visit Cuba and spend money there unless they have special US government permission, according to guidance on the US treasury website.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-22056614
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
rich people or 'establishment figures' generally always get more sway with law enforcement, of course. this was true even in medieval times, pre-'the class system', with members of the clergy and other undesirables being given lenient treatment in order for the 'public good' or 'harmony'. however the english upper classes don't carry around a card in their wallet that lets them get off the hook for minor offenses. that's a pretty crass example of nepotism, don't you think?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
No, they have the accent, school tie and suit - its as good as having a gold card which says "I know people, don't fuck with me" as far as the Police are concerned.

Or do you think a city gent and a nigerian from lewisham will be treated the same when they're stopped for drink-driving?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-04-07 06:31:33)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard