Foxhoundmgw
Man of Moebius Morals
+71|6579|Nottingham, UK
Could you be 'the reason for the win' with any kit, or can you only play sniper?
Chillin&killin
+27|6674|Manchester,England
JaMDuDe:

while i agree with your statement to a certian extent you play in a heli alot so your argument is a bit flawed.

also sniping is a skill learning how to lead targets and nail them on the run from 300m and killin boat drivers is a hell of alot of fun(watch ss's vids to see what i mean).
JaMDuDe
+69|6776
He gets 13 kills a round while sniping. Him being the reason for all his wins and such a high win/loss ratio of 1.3 is just his imagination.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6751|Toronto, ON

Foxhoundmgw wrote:

Could you be 'the reason for the win' with any kit, or can you only play sniper?
I can play anything except for Spec Ops.  After the C4 nerf, I stopped playing with them.

(And for the naysayers that want to know, my actual KDR is 2.8 with sniper rifle for the past week or so according to www.statpadder.com.  That beats almost all the top Assault players out there, and considering I play Sniper as an assault class, that says something...)
Alpha as fuck.
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6708
my stats suck, but getting better especialy with the sniper.  I have good rounds and bad rounds.  now that I am good with the sniper kit( not greate) I have been geting low death rounds with very positive KDR (14 to 1 at times).  On maps where flags are not that important (Karkand one flag to stop the ticket blead) is that not what is important ( having a positive KDR for the team, not counting the kills that get revived of course).  clays are no cheeper than Jahad jeeping or a spe'Ops blowing his C4 from across the map when the flag goes changes.  If you don't think that snipers are effective then you are not playing/teamed up with good ones.  none of the other classes can be effective killing at 300+ meeters with a gun.   I think the Sniper kit has a tougher learning curve because of the difficulty in short range use and bullet drop at long range, so there are a lot of poor snipers.  It is fun though.  If you don't like the clays switch sides or don't play karkand so mutch.   

I do cap flags with the sniper.  I set the clays up then cap the flag and then move off to a good vantage point (one with good view of multiple flags or other stratigic position including the flag I took) with a flag defense left so that others can spawn on it before it gets taken back.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6751|Toronto, ON

JaMDuDe wrote:

He gets 13 kills a round while sniping. Him being the reason for all his wins and such a high win/loss ratio of 1.3 is just his imagination.
Actually... I get 19 kills per round according to www.statpadder.com (You know, the REAL indicator).
Alpha as fuck.
JimKong
+31|6641|Ohio
It never fails. When your team is losing on Sharqi, half of it will spawn as snipers...

.... and your team will lose even worse.

Last edited by JimKong (2006-05-26 13:39:48)

Foxhoundmgw
Man of Moebius Morals
+71|6579|Nottingham, UK

Nyte wrote:

Foxhoundmgw wrote:

I can play anything except for Spec Ops.  After the C4 nerf, I stopped playing with them.

(And for the naysayers that want to know, my actual KDR is 2.8 with sniper rifle for the past week or so according to www.statpadder.com.  That beats almost all the top Assault players out there, and considering I play Sniper as an assault class, that says something...)
Well, uh, if you can be the deciding factor whatever kit you play, I guess my point was accurate and DICE/EA managed to get balance right at least, except for Spec Ops who need to be able to frisbee c4 =P

Hmm, never used statpadder before, but it told me I'm not as shit as I thought with a sniper rifle/there are a lot more shit snipers than good snipers.
I'm actually lower down the Assault rifle list than the sniper list

Last edited by Foxhoundmgw (2006-05-26 13:44:03)

Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6696|Germany

Foxhoundmgw wrote:

SargeV1.4 wrote:

You shouldn't bother writing sensible and though out posts like that when they just get ignored =\ Nicely put though
Hi fanboy

Stating that AT Mines don't kill infantry.

Having it stated that Claymores don't kill Tanks

Stating that AT Mines don't kill infantry instead of accepting that the 2 kits do a similar task of defending flags but against different targets. Yeah, that's sensible and thought out.

Slagging someone off for saying your most loved kit sucks, when they never once said your much loved kit sucks. Also dead sensible and well thought out.

I think my previous post that way too many Snipers are Primadonnas, as quoted by your most sensible and well thinking posterbuddy, was dead on.
Is he hurting my feelings now?
I can't really tell and I don't really care...

You are right,the first facts I pointed out were very simple,yet your statements indicated that you weren't aware of these facts or just ignored them to make your opinion a bit more reasonable.

I'm just pointing out that your statements about other classes being able to perform sniper specific tasks,which  basically means that snipers suck,which you didn't say,at least not literally,aren't true.

I've kinda had enough of this "discussion" with you,I'm sure there are other primadonnas out there who are dying to continue this little chat.
Try Nyte,our forum's sniper jesus,I'm sure you two can discuss to the point of having orgasms from your witty,yet harsh comments....

Boo-hoo,I think I'm gonna go cry now because I got my ego crushed by some faceless nobody from the internet...
bobroonie.bda
+143|6680
The only "bad" thing about snipers are close combat and having to many.. When people continue to spawn sniper  at a flag where they know will be a fire fight. Or if there is armor there.. total waste of a ticket. Today i got invited to a squad i looked at it and it had 4 snipers and a anti tank.. why the hell would i join that kinda squad? when there are 1/3 of the team snipers there is a good chance your going to lose.

calling claymore's a "noob" weapon is the same as saying c4, mines, bullets, knives, gernades, or anyother weapon a noob weapon.

I understand sniper is fun to play and thats why people do it.. I will switch teams if i feel my team is not working as a team.. ie  way to many snipers on my team, or way to many wanna be pilots waiting in line. Just switch teams and kick the crap out of them. can't complain because well it doesnt do any good. cant give advice because people will not care and just do what they want to do.

I play to win and i cant expect everyone else on my team to play the same way.. So if i feel im on a "losing" team ill switch.. when i say losing I mean a team that does not care if they win or not.. where everyone wants to get a little shinny badge, noone cares about taking Cp's. there just doing what they have to do to get there next rank or ribbon.. It's the best when i'm gold medal status on the server and i switch to the other team because well my team wont take any advice or actually "help" the team what so ever. Then they all complain about being raped and blah blah blah.. guess what if all of you didnt spawn sniper maybe you would have a decent team and win the match.

http://bf2s.com/player/45628790/

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2006-05-26 13:55:02)

Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6751|Toronto, ON

bobroonie.bda wrote:

The only "bad" thing about snipers are close combat and having to many.. When people continue to spawn sniper  at a flag where they know will be a fire fight. Or if there is armor there.. total waste of a ticket. Today i got invited to a squad i looked at it and it had 4 snipers and a anti tank.. why the hell would i join that kinda squad? when there are 1/3 of the team snipers there is a good chance your going to lose.

calling claymore's a "noob" weapon is the same as saying c4, mines, bullets, knives, gernades, or anyother weapon a noob weapon.

I understand sniper is fun to play and thats why people do it.. I will switch teams if i feel my team is not working as a team.. ie  way to many snipers on my team, or way to many wanna be pilots waiting in line. Just switch teams and kick the crap out of them. can't complain because well it doesnt do any good. cant give advice because people will not care and just do what they want to do.

I play to win and i cant expect everyone else on my team to play the same way.. So if i feel im on a "losing" team ill switch.. when i say losing I mean a team that does not care if they win or not.. where everyone wants to get a little shinny badge, noone cares about taking Cp's. there just doing what they have to do to get there next rank or ribbon.. It's the best when i'm gold medal status on the server and i switch to the other team because well my team wont take any advice or actually "help" the team what so ever. Then they all complain about being raped and blah blah blah.. guess what if all of you didnt spawn sniper maybe you would have a decent team and win the match.

http://bf2s.com/player/45628790/
This is the type of guy I would like to play with: PLAY TO WIN, NOT PLAY FOR STATS.
Alpha as fuck.
Foxhoundmgw
Man of Moebius Morals
+71|6579|Nottingham, UK

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

Is he hurting my feelings now?
I can't really tell and I don't really care...

You are right,the first facts I pointed out were very simple,yet your statements indicated that you weren't aware of these facts or just ignored them to make your opinion a bit more reasonable.

I'm just pointing out that your statements about other classes being able to perform sniper specific tasks,which  basically means that snipers suck,which you didn't say,at least not literally,aren't true.

I've kinda had enough of this "discussion" with you,I'm sure there are other primadonnas out there who are dying to continue this little chat.
Try Nyte,our forum's sniper jesus,I'm sure you two can discuss to the point of having orgasms from your witty,yet harsh comments....

Boo-hoo,I think I'm gonna go cry now because I got my ego crushed by some faceless nobody from the internet...
Umm, for someone who claims not to give a fuck about what I type, you talk alot about what I type.

Never aimed for your ego.
Aimed for the same thing as you originally did, to get some faceless nobody on the internet to understand my point of view.
Only I never misquoted you or fabricated statements you never made and then slagged you off for them

Since when were they Sniper SPECIFIC tasks?

first post wrote:

1) Spoters. Snipers are great spoters because they are always in high spots. A few rounds commanders have thanked me for spoted cars  and tanks and whatnot.

2) Claymores. Well the way i use claymores is for Flag Defend.Claymores are PERFECT to defend a flag.On Karkand i think i got 8 flag defends in 1 round. That helps the team.

3) Snipers are great squad leaders. Sometimes our team whould lose a base but me being a sniper and squad leader whould still be near the base but still safe. Then my squad whould fill up so quiock because i was in such good pisittion and then we whould taake back the base...Again helping the team.
1) Anyone can spot, even another sniper said 'I can spot with any class...'.
2) Ordinance as a flag defense. AT Mines Claymores C4. No difference barring the target.
3) Being a squad Leader is a Sniper Specific Task? ok...

Have the high ground, I really no longer give a fsck, if BF2 wasn't being gay, or my girlfriend was here this weekend, I'd have gone and done something else, but sadly, gaming and fucking are my life, so being pissed off and dealing with you lot fills in the gaps =/
senor_fulff
+25|6759|Yorkshire, UK.

Foxhoundmgw wrote:

As I got told that I haven't played the kit enough because I don't join the sniper chorus of 'we are the best' I can only suggest that most of you actually put more than (as an example) 25 hours into your 'second best kit' before saying other people are wrong.

Failing that, you could just accept the recurring statement, all the kits have strong points and weak points, a clueless plank will emphasize the weak, and an experienced/skilled player will emphasize the strong.

I do still however find it funny that people just turn around and say 'you haven't played x kit as long as me, you don't know shit', it's not like we'll have had squadmates using that kit, or fought against people using that kit, no, never, not a chance.

If there is one thing I've conclusively learned today about players of the sniper kit, and I've decided to stop trying to be agreeable about it, most of you don't give a shit about anyone elses opinion about 'your' kit or any other, no matter how much playtime they have under their belts, unless it's 100% the same as yours, and that most of you cry a lot when people paint a picture of any sniper, that doesn't show them as the heroic gods of the battlefield, choosing who lives and dies. Of course, a sniper never needs healing, or ammo, or the support of any other kit. Because they are that damn good.

And if you don't take kindly to that opinion, remember something, it's not that I think the sniper kit sucks, it's the players personality. Cry me a river.
Man you love to read your own writing don't you, eh?

For real though if you soo good then show us your stats....

I have nowt to hide, in fact i have all my experts the old-fashioned way, ie... outside of vehicles. I don't reckon "snipers are gods" just as keeps getting repeated over and over just one part of a complete picture. i reckon your 'first choice kit' ain't exactly shit-hot which is why you gotta try and bash others...

So pretty please with sugar on top, feck off back under your rock!!!!

Ps... Girlfriend? that's having a laugh.... What are you like 12? You definitely sound it...

Last edited by senor_fulff (2006-05-26 14:06:45)

EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6651

Foxhoundmgw wrote:

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

Handbags at the ready!

Everyone else sucks apart from me, chillin, ss and tahadar. 
But, but, yer from Leeds man...

I can't understand a fscking word you people say on TS!

I kid.
Heh, I have a funny story about the accent.
When my brother went to Newcastle University he got told by a couple of Newcies that he had a strong accent!
This coming from people in Newcastle, that's like a man weighing 5tons saying to a thin guy "you're pretty fat, you".

Sure, there are people with the heavy accents but I don't consider myself having a overly heavy Yorkshire accent.

By eck laddy.

dont_be_ss wrote:

i can spot units at that range quite easily.
Yep, not hard to shoot and kill people at 300M.

https://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~mccasey/bf2/screen168.jpg

Last edited by EvilMonkeySlayer (2006-05-26 14:14:42)

johnnysz
+2|6766|Skåne

JimKong wrote:

It never fails. When your team is losing on Sharqi, half of it will spawn as snipers...

.... and your team will lose even worse.
So true.

I once fell asleep while playing sniper (going for vet. badge and needed the hours).
Foxhoundmgw
Man of Moebius Morals
+71|6579|Nottingham, UK

senor_fulff wrote:

Man you love to read your own writing don't you, eh?

For real though if you soo good then show us your stats....

I have nowt to hide, in fact i have all my experts the old-fashioned way, ie... outside of vehicles. I don't reckon "snipers are gods" just as keeps getting repeated over and over just one part of a complete picture. i reckon your 'first choice kit' ain't exactly shit-hot which is why you gotta try and bash others...

So pretty please with sugar on top, feck off back under your rock!!!!

Ps... Girlfriend? that's having a laugh.... What are you like 12? You definitely sound it...
Step 1) Stop being a lazy cunt and search for my stats. I have less to hide than you do.
Step 2) If someone takes on board what I say and I take in what he says, even if we don't agree on anything more than the fact we took it on board, I get to type less. Crossed wires made it worse I think.
Step 3) I ain't bashed anything, I said ALL KITS HAVE STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES.
Step 4) I may sound 12, but at least I can read someone else post before putting finger to keyboard.

And I suck as sniper, and can't fly for shit, but pilots are the only things I hate.

Oh, feel free to quote where I said I was so good. I'll be sure to take it back. But as you can't even get right that I haven't said snipers suck, I think yer talking out of your arse.

EDIT: ack, forgot the lack of [ and ] in my name on here, go look, go laugh. Note how much I suck with a sniper rifle, plane and chopper.

Last edited by Foxhoundmgw (2006-05-26 14:29:04)

Foxhoundmgw
Man of Moebius Morals
+71|6579|Nottingham, UK

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

Heh, I have a funny story about the accent.
When my brother went to Newcastle University he got told by a couple of Newcies that he had a strong accent!
This coming from people in Newcastle, that's like a man weighing 5tons saying to a thin guy "you're pretty fat, you".

Sure, there are people with the heavy accents but I don't consider myself having a overly heavy Yorkshire accent.

By eck laddy.
I don't got an accent, it's pretty cool. Cos someone always says 'you're not from nottingham are you?' and I say 'no' and that stops that =P

But yeah, A Geordie suggesting someone from Leeds has a broad accent is fanfuckingtastic.
afrocullions
Banned
+8|6549

Nyte wrote:

I mainly play as a Sniper (Depends on the team situation) and my W/L is higher than 90% of the people posting in here.

Hell, even my SPM is higher than most medics and support kits.

Not to mention my KPM destroys EVERY single person posting in this thread.

You people have fun worrying about your KDR, I'll go on and win the round with 30-10 while you lose with your awesome 15-0.

Owned?
youre shit dude honestly ..im convinced you dont believe anything you say anymore but just are looking for attention

im not god of bf2 but my w/l spm and kpm are all way better then yours .. stop looking for attention fagggot
JaMDuDe
+69|6776
Yeah im still wondering why people think hes good. Looks like a noob who wants to be good.
sharpshot19
Copenhage master
+30|6695|minnesota
hmm i skipped over a lot of the posts in here but i think that its safe to say that a lot of people are fed up with people over playing the sniper kit ie when ur losin the game and another flag is about to be taken and 1/2 the team still spawn as sniper..... i wont i lie i do it more times than not....but i also more times can get the job done as a sniper...if not ill go spec ops and start blownin shit up lol. but anyways, what im getting at is that people bash the snipers because a lot of em just sit back and go for stats not helping the TEAM (hell thats what i USED to do)....i think if more snipers played to help the team then people wouldnt bash us as much. No matter what though snipers are gonna get bashed more than anyother class because 3/4 of us out there dont go along with the team effort, yet for the stats effort. ive done it every now and then but still gettin in the thick of shit is fun...even as a sniper. i dont need an automatic gun to be useful

(im prolly leavin some stuff out...ED: or talk about something already coverd?!?...)

Last edited by sharpshot19 (2006-05-26 21:06:37)

Jestar
Shifty's Home Number: 02 9662 8432
+373|6740

Foxhoundmgw wrote:

It's not a case of other people needing to stop ragging on snipers, it's that you should stop making snipers a target with the open affection you show for your favourite kit.
Well Put. I Believe that Maybe if these Snipers Stoped Bragging about themselves, then Maybe they'd Earn More Respect.
But Right Now, Snipers are just like " OMG WTF BS HAX I AM T3h Pwnag3 1337 H3adsh0t!!!1111!!!1one!"
Aardcore
+60|6712|USA, Arizona
As a sniper, I know my role in combat and it's not to go hide off in some place far from combat where I know enemy traficking can occur. I'm there with my teammates hoping to find direct enemy traffic where it's not needed by my teammates and to pick some guys off, if not land a couple of hits to WEAKEN the enemies so that the guys facing them in the short run can take them out. I don't care if I get Damage Kill Assists, I'm all about wanting to win that session and not have people bicker about kill counts.

In a way snipers are put to blame for what happens in a bad situation but I could be wrong, as I stated earlier, there is a way to use snipers but there are those who utterly abuse the 'power' of a sniper and become selfish.
Clockwork-Ownage
+10|6568
Everything about snipers has been covered, and after reading ALL the posts, I've come to this...

It all depends on the player and what he's in the game for in the first place.

Also the mood/mindstate at the time... Sometimes I "feel" like sniping like an "assassin" where "the only thing that matters is the target" This means i may pick someone out of the crowd on the opposing team, usually high-ranked, and hunt them. Cat and mouse.

Other times (because I'm human and get bored periodically of doing the same repetitive things like tank whoring EVERY map) I like to run med, for the sole purpose of the guys on my team coming out of the round with less deaths than if I WASNT THERE. I like to make a difference in others' games, not for the rev-saves, or the points, just to know "I HELPED".

Hell, other times I play self-ish as hell, I steal kills, I focus on using shock-paddles, I Jihaad, I don't need to kill people with my piustol, but I do, and I do it out of spite, I weaken my enemy with my primary and finish them off with my pistol. Or, I'll camp as a sniper and rack up kills.

The biggest factor that determines my style of play is the team I am playing with, if they don't team/squad it up, then neither will I. I am a "Rambo-esque player" but I know how to lead a squad, if my squad-leader is shit. I leave it and start another and usually lead a squad to a cap 75% of the time for a rough estimate.

All in all, its like i said, it depends on what your playing for, keep in mind some folks play a few minutes before work, or school, so its all about kills and/or points.

Depending on my mood, its either about ME, or the TEAM.

But, the ONLY time its ONLY ABOUT ME, is when I get the same feeling from my current team, if my team doesnt care, I don't care, I refuse to try and rally a team of people that JUST WANT TO SNIPE.

The problem is we have too many people that want to play "Hero-Sniper" wich monopolizes the teams resources as far as taking out armor by having too many snipers, period.

I know we need snipers, but like every other game, we just have too many.

You need to know when the team needs a sniper, or a med, or...... you get the picture...

And now, I sit here and edit, I've also come to this...its these badges/medals that screws things up, it makes folks FOCUS on badges/medals, instead of the round.... Doesn't it?

Last edited by Clockwork-Ownage (2006-05-27 00:38:14)

Cursed You
+64|6587|Idaho
Usually what I do, is I snipe for half the round, and if my team needs help, I'll go another class and join up on the front.  But if we're doing good, I'll just chill there and pick people off.  Snipers can be very effective if its the right person playing it.  This gunny I played against got utterly pissed today because he couldnt get me.  I was just faster, but in the time he spent yelling at me he got type killed like twice.  Its all about keeping your cool and accepting things really. 

But everyone who plays sniper should know, if your team needs help, 30 random shots coming from a giant piece of sod on top of a crane isnt gonna help, join in soldier
xaven
+25|6732|Berlin

Nyte wrote:

xaven wrote:

Nyte wrote:

I mainly play as a Sniper (Depends on the team situation) and my W/L is higher than 90% of the people posting in here.

Hell, even my SPM is higher than most medics and support kits.

Not to mention my KPM destroys EVERY single person posting in this thread.

You people have fun worrying about your KDR, I'll go on and win the round with 30-10 while you lose with your awesome 15-0.

Owned?
you mean you are the reason for the win? well, I havent played against you. and I do not doubt your skill. when you run araound taking flags as a sniper and hit down people, ok. but most snipers lay on the predicted places and are easy targets or stay stand in front of you and try to place the clay while going down. well, sometimes I got hit by a sniper, but that doesnt prevent my to take the flag in a second attempt, because they never change their position.
"You mean you are the reason for the win?"
I don't want to sound boastful but yes, I am the reason for the win.
hmm.. I really doubt that. If so, you  play with unexperienced players only. Ok, but that may be public. I mainly play for competition and Ive never seen anybody going around as a sniper in a 4on4, 8on8 or 10on10. No reason to tell why.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard