HM1{N}
+86|6637|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA
This is fucked...there really is no other way to say it.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/internet/0 … index.html

This needs to be distributed to as many people as possible, so, if you have a blog, or a site, let's make sure people know about it so they can voice their displeasure.

Last edited by HM1{N} (2006-05-26 11:14:19)

The_Mob_Returns
+72|6714|Indianapolis, IN
Hey, we pay for our internet connection so they are making some money from us.  If we are paying for it and getting a certain speed, how could they charge us more?
{CN}420
+30|6670
Wow, that's pretty messed up.
JimKong
+31|6635|Ohio
So let me get this straight, there is a possibilty I might see dial up performance with my 4mb connection because some fuck isn't happy with his current profit margin?
BVC
+325|6688
That is so seriously fucked up!!
Black Vaine
+43|6614|K-Town, Sweden

Pubic wrote:

That is so seriously fucked up!!
Amen man... A(frikkin)men!
Random-Hero58
+10|6552|TX
I hope that doesn't happen, it seems prices are already high for net access.

The UN also wants to take over the internet, I say no way in hell to the UN!
Jack Bauer
WWJD - What Would Jack Do
+26|6546
I think today an Act was passed today that will [hopefully] prevent this...

linkage: http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20060525-6921.html

The skinny (copied from slashdot) for those of you unwilling or uninterested in reading the entire whole article:

Slashdot.org wrote:

An anonymous reader writes "Ars Technica is reporting that the US House Judiciary Committee approved a bill yesterday that will prevent broadband providers from charging extra fees to websites for delivering their content to users." Ars's response is only guarded optimism, unfortunately. From the article: "The fate of the bill is not clear, as there are now two competing bills vying for the attention of the House floor. HR 5252, the Communications Opportunity, Promotion and Enhancement Act, was overseen by the House Committee on Energy and Commerce and is expected to be considered by full House. That bill is seen by some proponents of 'Net neutrality as being too weak, particularly after a Committee vote tossed aside an amendment put forth by Rep. Ed Markey (D-MA) that would have enshrined the principle of network neutrality into US law. There is speculation that today's bill, HR 5417, could be proposed as an amendment to HR 5252."
Best Regards,

Jack Bauer

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard