Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6113|eXtreme to the maX
Everyone should have a gun man.

Crazed wackos have the right to defend themselves too.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6630|Little Bentcock
defend themselves right into the cranium through the chin
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

That's what always bothered me about the "dumb" gun community. Hothead assholes sitting around talking about how much they want to shoot someone before they die. Not all of us (gun owners) are like that, though.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6230|Escea

Nothing like an execution to spice up yer night.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Knee, chest, head.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5706
There were many people on this forum who would talk about wanting to kill someone.

They were the same ones who had IRL issues.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

^I hope you've never broken bread with any of them.

hmm...brokebread mountain? (sorry burnzz)
13/f/taiwan
+940|5706
It was usually Parker, Hurricane, Shifty and Warman.

I never knew immigrants cared so much about our justice system.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6787|Great Brown North

Dilbert_X wrote:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/teens-shot-dead-basement-homeowner-article-1.1208337

Smith told investigators he was fearful after several break-ins at his remote home about 10 miles south of Little Falls, a central Minnesota town of 8,000 people. The sheriff's office had only one report of a break-in, on Oct. 27. Smith reported losing thousands of dollars in cash, gold coins, two guns, photo equipment and jewelry.

Wetzel said that while the shootings happened on Thursday, Smith waited until Friday to report the deaths, explaining that "he didn't want to trouble us on a holiday."

In the complaint, Smith said he was in his basement when he heard a window breaking upstairs, followed by footsteps that eventually approached the basement stairwell. Smith said he fired when Schaeffel came into view from the waist down.

After the teen fell down the stairs, Smith said he shot him in the face as he lay on the floor.

"I want him dead," the complaint quoted Smith telling an investigator.

Smith said he dragged Schaeffel's body into his basement workshop, then sat down on his chair. After a few minutes, Kifer began coming down the stairs and he shot her as soon as her hips appeared, he said.

After shooting her with both the Mini 14 and the .22-caliber revolver, he dragged her next to Schaeffel. With her still gasping for air, he fired a shot under her chin "up into the cranium," the complaint says.

"Smith described it as `a good clean finishing shot,'" according to the complaint.
There's a hell of a lot of lowings and sh1ftys praying for an intruder.
what a wackjob

though i have no sympathy for either of the teens
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5593

You have issues if you think trying to take a T.V. makes you deserve to be executed. Don't we complain when Muslims cut off people's hands for stealing?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6787|Great Brown North
i don't feel bad for people who get shot during robberies
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6639|949

Macbeth wrote:

You have issues if you think trying to take a T.V. makes you deserve to be executed. Don't we complain when Muslims cut off people's hands for stealing?
I agree, but what about the possible threat of someone breaking to your house? Maybe the rationalization isn't "you stole my shit", its "how dare you enter my domicile without permission"?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

krazed wrote:

Instead, feel bad that they broke in in the first place.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

krazed wrote:

Depends, if its a violent robbery then ok, if its some stupid kids breaking into a house they thought was empty then its different.
Kids do stupid stuff.

I bet a lot of these crazies sit in their armchair with the lights off and the back door unlatched stroking their shotgun hoping for an intruder.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

krazed wrote:

1Depends, if its a violent robbery then ok, if its some stupid kids breaking into a house they thought was empty then its different.
Kids do stupid stuff.

2I bet a lot of these crazies sit in their armchair with the lights off and the back door unlatched stroking their shotgun hoping for an intruder.
1The problem with that is any break-in is a potential violent robbery. And the time given to you to determine which it is isn't very significant.

2They do.
e: see probably 40 out of the ~100 pages of this thread
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
But if you're holding a loaded gun chances are you'll be OK, you don't have to shoot at shadows just in case.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

It's still a big if. If it's night, their eyes are probably adjusted. Yours won't be. Your reaction time will probably be slower than theirs, because they've already got the adrenaline rush kicked in.

I have no idea how a break-in here would turn out. The guy could simply run. I could fire and miss, and he could run. Either/both of us could die or get injured. If you keep all of your firearms in a safe across the house, that's more steps you have to take before you can get access to a weapon.

If you're worried about break-ins and you think you need a gun, you should get a security system installed with single-press fire, emergency and police. And especially if you have a gun, there is no reason to NOT have security installed. Your shotgun isn't going to defend itself from theft when you're gone, after all. A small quick-release safe or trigger lock on a gun by your desk or bedside is also reasonable.

And then hope you never have to use it, unlike some of the snaggletoothed rednecks out there who orgasm at the thought of blowing someone's intestines out their spine.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4262
i hate all this stupid rambo-hypothesizing that american gun owners are wont to do. "it will take slightly longer for eyes to adjust to the dark". all this quasi-scientific bullshit about having a bigger gun with more proficiency, or the infinitely egressing 'what if...' scenarios that spin out of every mass shooting and gun control debate like fractals of stupidity. so many seasoned 'gun pros' talk about "what they'd do" in such-and-such scenario, or why their particular choice of weapon/ammunition will benefit them, circumstantially, etc.etc. blah blah.

the fact is if someone comes into your house, you're gonna be junked up and adrenalized to fuck, your fight-or-flight basic primate 'protect my family and home' instinct is going to kick in, and bullets are going to fly. maybe a few stray shots will ricochet and kill the family dog. maybe a bullet will make its way through the wood-paneling and plaster-board and kill next door's timmy, lay sleeping. you just don't know. it's bullshit.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6692|United States of America
I was listening to two guys who each own a fair amount of firearms discuss such a scenario when I posted here a few days a go. They seriously had that fantasy played out in their heads to the smallest detail. Evidently both of them sleep within reaching distance of no less than 3 different weapons, which made me imagine they'd die in a home invasion because they couldn't make up their mind about which to use. Neither of them are ex-military either, so they have no actual combat training, but I'll bet they've seen a lot of movies and TV shows and taken their "knowledge" from that. They may be surprised that burglars generally aren't the heavily-armed henchmen Hollywood would have us believe.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6697|Tampa Bay Florida

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

i hate all this stupid rambo-hypothesizing that american gun owners are wont to do. "it will take slightly longer for eyes to adjust to the dark". all this quasi-scientific bullshit about having a bigger gun with more proficiency, or the infinitely egressing 'what if...' scenarios that spin out of every mass shooting and gun control debate like fractals of stupidity. so many seasoned 'gun pros' talk about "what they'd do" in such-and-such scenario, or why their particular choice of weapon/ammunition will benefit them, circumstantially, etc.etc. blah blah.

the fact is if someone comes into your house, you're gonna be junked up and adrenalized to fuck, your fight-or-flight basic primate 'protect my family and home' instinct is going to kick in, and bullets are going to fly. maybe a few stray shots will ricochet and kill the family dog. maybe a bullet will make its way through the wood-paneling and plaster-board and kill next door's timmy, lay sleeping. you just don't know. it's bullshit.
Wait a minute, why would i shoot timmy if he wasnt doing anything threatening?

Adrenaline is for pussies, mkay.  Nothing phases me except the wrath of god. 

/redneck

Last edited by Spearhead (2013-04-03 09:30:28)

RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6722|US

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Two points:
First, training and mental rehearsal are proven ways to increase performance under extreme stresses.  As an example, USAF pilots regularly talk through potential emergencies they might face, and how to best respond.  They don't do this for giggles.  The same theory applies to any other grave situation a person may face.  Having a plan that incorporates issues that others faced in the past isn't a "fractal of stupidity."

Second, I had to laugh at how you indulge in the hypothetical scenarios while criticizing people for doing the same.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4262
my 'indulging' is clearly satirical. look at how over-wrought the description of the scenario is. i am taking the piss. so really have a good laugh at yourself for missing something very obvious.

and secondly, yes, yes indeed. because the majority of fantasist walter mitty US gun owners have special/armed forces training.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6722|US

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

my 'indulging' is clearly satirical. look at how over-wrought the description of the scenario is. i am taking the piss. so really have a good laugh at yourself for missing something very obvious.
So, you didn't mean this?
and secondly, yes, yes indeed. because the majority of fantasist walter mitty US gun owners have special/armed forces training.
Most don't, that's true.  I've also received much better training outside the official military structure than in it, with regard to firearms handling.  So, I'd ask why is military training a requirement in your mind for decent skill levels?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6505

home defense should include a shotgun. even a one-eyed noob like me can point in a general direction . . .
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5593

No wonder those Afghans have been kicking our assess. Hick nowhere places have better training programs than our military.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard