RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6733|Oxferd Ohire
there are plenty of college broadcasters that would do a better job than tb
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
TB's niche is just that he plays up to a 200 year old stereotype of 'englishness' that makes american kids laugh. it's reductive and dumb, but that's what brand identities are at the end of the day: caricatures, gross exaggerations. he's not sophisticated and he's not 'advanced level' gaming commentary. he'll never occupy the same place as the ex-pros who commentate sc2/dota/lol tournaments. he's the "pundit", i.e. the amateur with funny opinions and an amusing accent. that's not exactly "king of the broadcasting game". it's a youtube personality. i'm not exactly sure that's a life-long living. this whole streaming-for-a-living model is, like, a couple of years old. doesn't scream 'job security' or 'resume booster' to me.
Roc18
`
+655|5787|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
FYI he worked in the financial industry and got laid off because of the recession crap. That's why he even started the YouTube thing.

and lol yurop
LittleBitchy
I hope Hell has wi-fi.
+150|5456|Yeah, there :)
That accent
Fall seven times. Stand up eight.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6733|Oxferd Ohire
how do you know all of this
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
financial industry? he got a law degree from demontfort. that's shit. he spent a few years working in GAME.  he got into the youtube thing because he was a radio host for some nerdy world of warcraft shit. not because he was "unemployed". i don't remember him ever mentioning on his 'about me' youtube video that he had some fancy graduate financial job. he only talked about experiences working at GAME.

lol i notice his wikipedia doesn't mention him spending his 20's working in video-game retail. funny that. just this mysterious 'graduate financial' job, which sounds very posh. i have my doubts that someone with a law degree from demontfort would be working as a financial analyst.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-28 11:27:01)

Roc18
`
“I was working a fairly mundane job at a financial advisory when the recession forced downsizing of the company and I was out on my arse,”

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- … talbiscuit

Also you should embrace TB he makes you Brits look good, him and Adele.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
adele lives about 2.5 miles away from me. she goes to my local pub. she is a slug.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
oh and i can't find the 'my life story' video now, it's like 2 years old afaik, i watched it ages ago... but he never mentioned a graduate job or the recession. not that i can remember. he spoke about his mid-20's as being a time when he was fairly directionless and just worked at game. he spoke a lot about funny characters he met whilst working the job. doesn't really sound like a riveting life to me.
Roc18
`
Fat girls need lovin too!
Roc18
`

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

oh and i can't find the 'my life story' video now, it's like 2 years old afaik, i watched it ages ago... but he never mentioned a graduate job or the recession. not that i can remember. he spoke about his mid-20's as being a time when he was fairly directionless and just worked at game. he spoke a lot about funny characters he met whilst working the job. doesn't really sound like a riveting life to me.
So it's all a lie then?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
right on. you're the one making out it's some super-preferable lifestyle. keep it as a hobby imo. you need a real gig. he doesn't have one.
Roc18
`
I'm just thinking he could transition to a solid long term job whenever he wants and stays on YouTube to reap the benefits of his fame.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
if it's true, he got made redundant in the real world of private work. he has a joke degree. spending 10 years out of real work talking about video-games to 16 year olds on the internet doesn't scream to me 'corporate employability'. i think you're a little naive.
jord
+2,382|6674|The North, beyond the wall.
None of us have been is his position but you have to use your common sense and really put yourself in his shoes. He's going to be playing games he doesn't want to, in ways he doesn't want to and for amounts of time he doesn't want to. Then after playing those games he's gonna have to edit the footage into whatever kind of structure he wants for the vid, i.e comparing different facets of 2 different games. Then he's gotta do the whole cynical spiel thing and try his best to keep it fresh for longevity. I've only seen a few vids of his, but making those kind of videos as a living can't be compared to playing a game you have chosen to buy out of your own preferences, for as long as you want and then shutting it down and doing something else. Given the choice between being him and being me, I'd chose being me every single time.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
plus the guy has to read more hate and stupid teenage bitching/gossip on reddit than jay has to read fat comments. that's got to wear a man down. he's going bald already ffs.
Roc18
`

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

if it's true, he got made redundant in the real world of private work. he has a joke degree. spending 10 years out of real work talking about video-games to 16 year olds on the internet doesn't scream to me 'corporate employability'. i think you're a little naive.
He must be naive as well. I would make sure I have something to fall back on and not just youtube, that's dangerous.
Benzin
+576|5995
Wow... wtf did I just read?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4251
a long discussion about the 'model' youtube caster.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6149|what

https://i.imgur.com/riEbNyg.png
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard