Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5671|College Park, MD
>Six years between BF2 and BF3
>Two years between BF3 and BF4

It will either be a rushed piece of shit or BF3.5, and either way that means it'll be shit.

Until proven otherwise, you're a fucking retard if you buy or pre-order this.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
2142 "battlefield" BAD company 1&2 and 1943 along with  p4f ones

but yeah
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock

thepilot91 wrote:

Sup3r_Dr4gon wrote:

BF4 could possibly be revealed on March 26

After BF3, I find I'm not terribly enthusiastic about this. Still, I'll be keeping an eye on whats revealed.
dito

http://vine.co/v/bpeapQiWB3l

here's the first...it's atleast a vehicle
more blurs
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Do they have to do this hype shit every year?

They got away with it on BF3 now its just getting annoying with the vague videos and reveal checkpoints.

Last edited by Roc18 (2013-03-19 17:18:23)

jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

I can honestly say I zero interest in the battlefield series, so much better shit to squander my life away on.

Can't even be bothered to install End Game.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

jsnipy wrote:

I can honestly say I zero interest in the battlefield series, so much better shit to squander my life away on.

Can't even be bothered to install End Game.
QFT

shame a franchise I enjoyed so much in their first 3 iterations (BF1942, BF: Vietnam, BF2) lost its luster.  It saddens me.  I do not regret playing those games for hours and hours at all.
Roc18
`
BC2, 2142 and BF3 weren't horrible games though. I know some people may disagree.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
most people disagree. 2142 was the signal of the shittiness to come. movement sucked and the guns were so simplified it was retarded.

bf3... well... point and click eye-candy demo. it had no complexity or depth to it at all. the michael bay of FPS games.

it's not a case of "some people may disagree", it's a case of you settling for a shitty game but not wanting to admit it because you feel affronted by the insinuation.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I liked bad company 2. I prefer it over bf3. Won't touch BF4. Its going to be bad. The franchise has been dead for 2 years.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
2142 was the most interesting BF game imo.  There were things the game did excelled in, and also ways that it failed miserably.  So much so that they basically cancelled each other out.

What the game did wrong :

a) the game was the buggiest out of all of them.  Even today, if you play it, the movement is sluggish, buggy, etc.  The hit detection is also pretty shitty.  Especially on titans, of course, the game becomes unplayable.

b) the game had probably the worst vehicle combat of all the Battlefields to date.  The ground vehicles, aircraft, etc.  All of them were just fucking boring, hard to control, etc etc.  Just horrible vehicle gameplay. 

c) it was the first Battlefield that only featured two main factions... an ominous sign of things to come

What 2142 got right

a) I'd argue that the classes were fairly well balanced, and the infantry combat in general was pretty superb (which is ironic considering the bugginess of the game).  Squad leader items were great, and just the general layout of the kit selection screen was the best there was.  Simply click and drag items, heavy armor vs. light armor, etc. etc. 

b) I enjoyed the setting and the risks they took with the game.  Titan was a bold, if flawed, idea.  I liked the implementation of futuristic equipment, such as the rocket pods.  I loved the futuristic architecture of the buildings, the general layout of the maps, etc.  It was a much more vertical game because almost every tall building was accessible in one way or another.

c) I thought Northern strike was a really great DLC, in my book it ranks up there with Special Forces and BC2 Vietnam.  I loved the game mode where you had to take out the enemies armored vehicle.  I played Northern Strike as much if not more than the vanilla game.

Conclusion :  2142 was the transition of Battlefield from large scale vehicle combat to close quarters, infantry focused gameplay.  (Giving the engineer an anti-aircraft rocket, for example)  Interestingly enough, I'd say its also the closest to BF3, in the way that the lines between kits are blurred by each having a selection of different types of weapons (recon gets a sniper or carbine).  The difference being, 2142 still had a traditional BF, PC mentality -- you could generally go anywhere you want at any time you wanted.  If there was a place that was out of bounds, they'd put up a wall or a fence to let you know.  It was basically BF3 gameplay, set in the future, with better maps. 

Hope you enjoyed.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

I'm fed up with all the unlock stuff. And it feels like the only reason to play BF is unlocking everything. I've probably been playing End Game for 3h and I'm bored. Currently I'm more happy playing DayZ looting stuff and trying to get helikelis fixed and up in the air on Panthera.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I liked bad company 2. I prefer it over bf3. Won't touch BF4. Its going to be bad. The franchise has been dead for 2 years.
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
GJ EA!

https://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n121/thepilot91/ggea_zps0d6d7aba.png
thepilot91
+64|6206|Åland!
oh...gg at me ...sry for the quality
Roc18
`
It's Battlefield 3 reskinned!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

oh man i love that song
Brasso
+1,549|6600

lol it's literally the same fucking game with slightly "better" graphics
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
Not impressed at all so far
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6282

BF4 Modern Warfare 2
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6192|Escea

Brasso wrote:

lol it's literally the same fucking game with slightly "better" graphics
I wouldn't say those were 'slightly'.
*rolls eyes* looks like ill need to upgrade the computer
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6192|Escea

Kimmmmmmmmmmmm wrote:

*rolls eyes* looks like ill need to upgrade the computer
I reckon I'll be ok. I won't be running full, but if I can run Crysis high, I'll be able to (fingers crossed) handle this. Frostbite always seemed better optimised than Cryengine.
Hurricane2k9
Pendulous Sweaty Balls
+1,538|5671|College Park, MD
graphics look great

gameplay will probably be the same
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/36793/marylandsig.jpg
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6192|Escea

Hurricane2k9 wrote:

graphics look great

gameplay will probably be the same
I wouldn't expect it to be that much different, but it looks like they've added some form of AI squad control. I hope in MP they bring back the ability to place movement markers for your squad. If commander is returning, I have a feeling they might.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

I didn't even play the single player so all of this footage is worth poop to me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard