Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
I only did acid one time, and I ended up on my friends front lawn counting every single vein on every leaf on his tree for three hours.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
that sounds fittingly lame for you.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5555

I think I had a low dosage. I have to get some higher quality stuff.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
Stop distracting yourself with the fucking computer.

Did you hold the tab on your tongue for a while (like 30 mins) or just swallow it?

Seriously Mac, log the fuck off.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2013-03-20 09:20:22)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
if you are already taking anti-depressant or anti-psychotic medication, it is not going to affect you very much, macb. especially if you have been on a long-term course for them. stopping taking your pills for a few days/a week isn't going to flush it out of your body or return your brain to normal levels of 'receptivity' or neurotransmission or w/e. you'll have to factor that in.

otherwise: stop being so fucking over-conscious and paranoid about how much its affecting you. if you're constantly reflecting on how it is affecting you, and being all meta- about it and hypochondriacal, then you're not just going to enjoy it.

AND GET OFF BF2S. jesus. what a waste of money.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-03-20 09:23:32)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

if you are already taking anti-depressant or anti-psychotic medication, it is not going to affect you very much, macb. especially if you have been on a long-term course for them. stopping taking your pills for a few days/a week isn't going to flush it out of your body or return your brain to normal levels of 'receptivity' or neurotransmission or w/e. you'll have to factor that in.

otherwise: stop being so fucking over-conscious and paranoid about how much its affecting you. if you're constantly reflecting on how it is affecting you, and being all meta- about it and hypochondriacal, then you're not just going to enjoy it.

AND GET OFF BF2S. jesus. what a waste of money.
I told him that his meds would ruin the efficacy of acid. If it is the case that that is happening then being on bf2s will definitely seal the deal for this being a waste of money.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

Macbeth took our advice like shifty in the girl problems thread.

Go out in nature, don't do it alone, it may not hit you hard the first time.

Did you pay attention mac?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

Reading through the last few pages its clear macbeth has the fortune of belonging to a forum where the 21st century equivelant of ken keseys merry band of pranksters reside and instead of tapping into this well of psychedelic experience he asks some basic questions that can be answered by thumbing to the back of "lsd for dummies". And nonetheless, members here are willing to offer suggestions, answer patiently, and allow him to sip from the goblet of psychedelic truth. What does he do? He spits his multicolored sip of hallucinogenic nectar out and says no thank you.

You done fucked up macbeth.
jord
+2,382|6648|The North, beyond the wall.
The last few pages of this thread hae been more interesting to read than the last few pages on recent posts.
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5934|London, England

Finray wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

lol 'keep hydrated' when on acid. finray the drug expert. you don't get dehydrated on acid. it's not an amphetamine.
hurr

it was a joke, lol, I'm not that oblivious
next level jokes
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Reading through the last few pages its clear macbeth has the fortune of belonging to a forum where the 21st century equivelant of ken keseys merry band of pranksters reside and instead of tapping into this well of psychedelic experience he asks some basic questions that can be answered by thumbing to the back of "lsd for dummies". And nonetheless, members here are willing to offer suggestions, answer patiently, and allow him to sip from the goblet of psychedelic truth. What does he do? He spits his multicolored sip of hallucinogenic nectar out and says no thank you.

LOL. respekt the elders, macb
Wreckognize
+294|6455
Was watching Gonzo the other day and came across this quote; it's pretty pertinent for those interested in psychedelics.

"That was the fatal flaw in Tim Leary's trip. He crashed around America selling "consciousness expansion" without ever giving a thought to the grim meat-hook realities that were lying in wait for all the people who took him seriously... All those pathetically eager acid freaks who thought they could buy Peace and Understanding for three bucks a hit. But their loss and failure is ours too. What Leary took down with him was the central illusion of a whole life-style that he helped create... a generation of permanent cripples, failed seekers, who never understood the essential old-mystic fallacy of the Acid Culture: the desperate assumption that somebody... or at least some force - is tending the light at the end of the tunnel.”

Last edited by Wreckognize (2013-03-20 10:39:02)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
pretty sure that's just a straight quotation from fear and loathing.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

LOL. respekt the elders, macb
Ken, idk how you are comparing this forum to the pranksters. You gave him basic advice like everyone else. You said at the end of your drug story that "drugs are bad." If that's what you have to say after doing hallucinogens hundreds of times, do you really feel like you possess some psychedelic truth?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
lol sup mind knows the higher levels of dharma
Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY
Drugs is bad
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

lol sup mind knows the higher levels of dharma
Not at all. Just being fair.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
Marijuana thread leads to hallucinogen/psychelics? It's a gateway drug!
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
Marijuana is a psychedelic.
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6762|Jupiter

DesertFox- wrote:

Marijuana thread leads to hallucinogen/psychelics? It's a gateway drug!
I think once people realize that Marijuana isnt all the bad it is hyped up to be then they realize other drugs might not be as bad as mommy and daddy told them either.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6601|949

What would you like? Me to champion abusing psychedelics as a means to supreme harmony with the universe? I'm not going to tell macbeth to sit in an acoustic-tiled room in total silence and darkness because that's not something you should do on your first trip. Beyond basic suggestions - trip with other people, go outside, smoke a bunch of weed - a psychedelic journey should be organic, meaning he should leave himself open to and welcome new sensations, thoughts and experiences, not manufacture some controlled environment where he wipes out instead of surfing the proverbial psychedelic wave.

My colorful prose and comparisons is just my tongue-in-cheek response method to macbeths face-palm fail-trip. No, I'm not trying to compare/contrast the 5 members here who have offered anecdotes on their wild and crazy days to the electric kool aid acid test of the merry pranksters.

Do I feel like I possess some psychedelic truth? Um, I'm not sure I even understand what that means? Have I unlocked a higher consciousness through my experiences? I'd like to think so. Have I viewed the world on a different plane than my normal state of consciousness? Yes, many times. I've also come to the realization that taking it in excess as I did removes a lot of the luster off that diamond.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
Good response.

I totally agree with your idea of how a first trip should be. My first psychedelic experience beyond cannabis was a 3.5g mushroom trip in the woods of Vermont in summer.

It was at a really small psytrance festival with my brother and his friend. I was to able venture off onto a trail by myself during the first few waves. The rain had fallen a day or two before, so the mushrooms were fruiting and the resin from the birch trees was covering everything and so all was glowing iridescently. After spending a couple of hours in the woods I returned to camp and chilled in a hammock + euphoria till night fell.

Ken wrote:

Beyond basic suggestions - trip with other people, go outside, smoke a bunch of weed - a psychedelic journey should be organic, meaning he should leave himself open to and welcome new sensations, thoughts and experiences, not manufacture some controlled environment where he wipes out instead of surfing the proverbial psychedelic wave.
Those are all basic suggestions. Good ones too.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2013-03-20 13:52:05)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4224
lol erowid drug experience at psytrance festivals. it's all too much hahahahaha
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662
However I also think that there is nothing wrong with someone's first trip being a breakthrough dose of any of the non deliriant hallucinogens. There is nothing necessarily inorganic about an experience which occurs behind someone's eyelids.

Uzi, I didn't go for the psytrance. I just wanted to go camping with my brother and eat mushrooms.
And since everyone else was sharing cool stories...

Last edited by Superior Mind (2013-03-20 14:12:47)

Roc18
`
+655|5760|PROLLLY PROLLLY PROLLLY

Superior Mind wrote:

Good response.

I totally agree with your idea of how a first trip should be. My first psychedelic experience beyond cannabis was a 3.5g mushroom trip in the woods of Vermont in summer.

It was at a really small psytrance festival with my brother and his friend. I was to able venture off onto a trail by myself during the first few waves. The rain had fallen a day or two before, so the mushrooms were fruiting and the resin from the birch trees was covering everything and so all was glowing iridescently. After spending a couple of hours in the woods I returned to camp and chilled in a hammock + euphoria till night fell.

Ken wrote:

Beyond basic suggestions - trip with other people, go outside, smoke a bunch of weed - a psychedelic journey should be organic, meaning he should leave himself open to and welcome new sensations, thoughts and experiences, not manufacture some controlled environment where he wipes out instead of surfing the proverbial psychedelic wave.
Those are all basic suggestions. Good ones too.
I remember my first shroom trip, we walked around my college campus messing with the art stuff and laughing at the stupidest/most random shit. And the full moon looked amazing that night. Good first experience.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard