El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5712|Gulf Coast

Macbeth wrote:

New Pope is 76 and has one lung. We will be doing this again in 5 years.
He is the last pope. It is known.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6682|Tampa Bay Florida

El Beardo wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

New Pope is 76 and has one lung. We will be doing this again in 5 years.
He is the last pope. It is known.
What?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Jay wrote:

He gets his political views from reddit, which in turn gets its political views from The Daily Show.
Good one chief.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/pos … d-to-cpac/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plu … cpac-snub/

Now of course we can't compare a washington post article to Jay's source of that friend he has - but there you go.

We views were so far ranging at CPAC Donald Trump was given a speakers role, Christie was not invited.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
A South African cardinal has said paedophilia is not "a criminal condition", but a psychological illness.

The church is still dealing with historic international evidence of sexual abuse by priests and allegations of a cover-up.

As recently as this month, the BBC claimed to have seen evidence that bishops in the Catholic Church in Scotland knew about 20 allegations of child sex abuse by priests between 1985 and 1995.

Wilfrid Fox Napier, The Catholic Archbishop of Durban, told BBC Radio 5 Live that people who were abused during childhood and became paedophiles were not criminally responsible for their actions in the same way as somebody "who chooses to do something like that".

Cardinal Napier was among the 115 cardinals in the Vatican conclave that elected Pope Francis earlier this week. He called paedophilia a "psychological disorder."

He said: "What do you do with disorders? You have got to try and put them right. If I as a normal being choose to break the law knowing that I am breaking the law, then I think I need to be punished.

"From my experience paedophilia is actually an illness. It is not a criminal condition, it is an illness."
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/paedo … 37193.html
Oh OK.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy

Jay wrote:

Hardly. My best friend was in the audience at CPAC and he told me the views are a lot wider ranging than you'd ever give them credit for...
Well who can blame us?  You say they have wide ranging views yet after losing the most winnable presidential election in recent US history who do they invite?  Trump.  Palin.  Santorum.  Bush. 

Everyone knows they didn't invite Christie because the right wing is living in the past and thinks that somehow he influenced the election.  By doing his god damn job.

Doesn't sound wide ranging at all.  In fact, given the fact that they lost and are repeating the same mistakes again, I'd say its even narrow-er.

Last edited by Spearhead (2013-03-16 21:40:04)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

Spearhead wrote:

Jay wrote:

Hardly. My best friend was in the audience at CPAC and he told me the views are a lot wider ranging than you'd ever give them credit for...
Well who can blame us?  You say they have wide ranging views yet after losing the most winnable presidential election in recent US history who do they invite?  Trump.  Palin.  Santorum.  Bush. 

Everyone knows they didn't invite Christie because the right wing is living in the past and thinks that somehow he influenced the election.  By doing his god damn job.

Doesn't sound wide ranging at all.  In fact, given the fact that they lost and are repeating the same mistakes again, I'd say its even narrow-er.
No, the panel discussions are wide ranging. Who gives a crap about speeches? They're just sound bites for the media.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Well they are a symbolic representation of the make up of the party.  Why not have Christie there instead of Palin?  That says something.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

The panel discussions don't mean shit. The stuff they are broadcasting out to the media and putting up as their face is more important/the point.
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
The US version kinda sucked but I've been watching the British version on netflix.  if only CPAC was anything like this.

I swear the guy playing the prime minister looks just like David Cameron

Last edited by Spearhead (2013-03-16 22:03:32)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Spearhead wrote:

Well they are a symbolic representation of the make up of the party.  Why not have Christie there instead of Palin?  That says something.
I don't know. Palin sucks, but Christie would have a hard time in a national election simply due to his weight. New Jersey is more tolerant of goombas.

Last edited by Jay (2013-03-16 22:06:06)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5957|London, England

he may be fat but that just means he has a fat heart
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4247

Jay wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

I don't know. Palin sucks, but Christie would have a hard time in a national election simply due to his weight. New Jersey is more tolerant of goombas.
lol people in america lose political traction because they are fat?

but aren't 40% of all adult americans obese? surely that means a fat dude nearly has a voting majority, by default
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

but aren't 40% of all adult americans obese? surely that means a fat dude nearly has a voting majority, by default
Fat people are taught to be self loathing from a young age in this country.
-Frederick Bastiat
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5957|London, England

fat people are taking away my rights to enjoy a soda size that doesnt even exist

thats how bad they are
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Fat people have no excuses.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4247

Jay wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Jay wrote:

Fat people are taught to be self loathing from a young age in this country.
that's because being overweight is a health problem. it's probably a good thing to be taught that it's not okay to over-consume and not do any exercise.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

https://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Ug2PrSvQs2SOMXSG3C8C8g--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9aW5zZXQ7aD01MDY7cT04NTt3PTUxMg--/https://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/c2e476d9115452092c0f6a706700abc0.jpg
There is that far ranging and open minded CPAC stuff
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4247
lol what was that we were saying earlier about the dumbing down of political discourse.

jesus fuck there is so much wrong with that one picture. how is she still getting put in front of an audience?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Extremism is getting out of hand in America. I tried to talk with a cabbie about Al Qaeda and he just mumbled something under his breath.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Macbeth wrote:

Extremism is getting out of hand in America. I tried to talk with a cabbie about Al Qaeda and he just mumbled something under his breath.
Is this going to be another one of those things that you constantly reference because you think it's something that makes me look dumb and you can try to rally whatever pitiful support you can in order to make people like you? It doesn't work.

And in this case, you're a mong, because it was a 40 minute cab ride and he asked me what my opinion on the elections were as an outsider after I mentioned our fears regarding rioting. When I asked him about Golden Dawn he just said they were bad people. Now kindly fuck off.
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Yes, I am trying to rally internet support so that people here will like me.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5691

Macbeth wrote:

You're not going to get anywhere if the cabbie was brown and spoke another language that isn't Spanish. They won't discuss anything as they have a genuine fear of being incarcerated/killed. Not that it's limited to that group. The number of 'terrorist plots stopped by the FBI' and informants/police surveillance within the communities has made those groups of people even more isolated. This applies to most of the people who 'fit' the profile and live in the US.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Did an entire thread disappear from DST?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Which one?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I don't know, there were several new pages about workfare and the military IIRC.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard