AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Shahter wrote:

AussieReaper wrote:

EA have just lied about everything with this game.

One likens it to Spore.

Zones are meaningless. Sims have no fixed house or job (they flow like water to the nearest open slot), regions don't contribute to others - it's totally faked. They don't send you resources but you'll be told they have.
have you personally checked any of this? maybe it's only anti-ea internet trolls spewing bullshit? or maybe those are bugs and will be fixed? because if the above is actually true it's a fucking outrage.
Yeah I have checked it. It's quite easy to do the tests yourself cause the system is so flawed. Eg police and ambulance travel to the nearest fire or crime in progress and ignore all others til the first is dealt with. You can have an entire station move to fight the one fire/crime with a dozen others in progress.

@ bennis, test it yourself. Make a private region without any other players and make it residential only. See what happens.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

AussieReaper wrote:

@ bennis, test it yourself. Make a private region without any other players and make it residential only. See what happens.
I dunno, mine always complain about shopping or not enough shoppers. Meh I'm just having fun building cities, the little things like that aren't exactly a game killer
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
+731|6660|Tampa Bay Florida
Youre missing the point bennis.  There shouldnt be any people if they have nowhere to work.  That is a game breaking mistake/outrageous act of deception

Last edited by Spearhead (2013-03-15 14:47:16)

bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

Spearhead wrote:

Youre missing the point bennis.  There shouldnt be any people if they have nowhere to work.  That is a game breaking mistake/outrageous act of deception
There were about two houses in Aussie reapers screen.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

bennisboy wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

I don't know how you think I am somehow making this up. There are countless examples of youtube of the same

Build nothing but residential and the basics for water/electricity. Your sims don't leave town because of sewerage, no jobs, no police, no firefighters, no health.

You'll actually get high rise apartments going up.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
Holy mother of god.  That video

lol at where he says "who would move here?"  That legitimately looks like a city in war-torn Syria. 

Thank you for posting that.  I was kind of leaning towards maybe waiting for a few months for them to fix it.  Maybe.  But now, no way in fuckin hell.  No.  Fuckin.  Way.  Have those EA fuckers lost their minds or something?  What in the name of god is this shit?
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

AussieReaper wrote:

bennisboy wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

I don't know how you think I am somehow making this up. There are countless examples of youtube of the same

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akh4zZ7lr4Q

Build nothing but residential and the basics for water/electricity. Your sims don't leave town because of sewerage, no jobs, no police, no firefighters, no health.

You'll actually get high rise apartments going up.
Lol I'm not accusing you of making it up. I'm just saying I haven't been seeing the same thing. My Sims are always complaining about not having mg enough jobs, or not being enough workers.

Watching that video that you posted, seems lots of sims do leave (hence all the abandoned buildings), but that there is always an inflow of residents to settle. Weird

Last edited by bennisboy (2013-03-16 01:58:50)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
So I got this Email from EA today

Our SimCity Mayors are incredibly important to the team at Maxis. We know we messed up and want to sincerely thank you for staying with us. The good news is we have solved most of the major issues and players are really enjoying the game. We're getting great feedback from our fans and know that many of you are having fun and are exploring this whole new expression of SimCity.

As a small token of our appreciation, we are offering you a free EA PC game download on Origin*. Mayors who have authenticated their copy of SimCity on Origin by March 26 can select a free game through a redemption portal inside the Origin desktop client later this week. We'll be opening up the redemption portal country-by-country so some of you may see it a little sooner than others. The portal will be live worldwide for everyone to select their game by March 23.

We don't want any of you to miss out your free game, so please note that you must register your copy of SimCity before March 26, 2013 at 5:59 PM AEDT and you must claim your free game by March 31, 2013 at 5:59 PM AEDT. For more information including instructions on how to get your free game and a list of eligible games, please read our FAQ. We've included some of the hottest games in the EA portfolio, so pick one and add it to your Origin library on us!

Sincerely,
Maxis
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Spearhead
Gulf coast redneck hippy
When I first heard of this shit I thought "oh hey, I should've bought Simcity, then I would've gotten a free copy of dead space 3"

Then I realized :  They're giving you until the 26th to register.  This is a ploy to get people to buy 2 games for the price of one.

You have all been duped.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Spearhead wrote:

When I first heard of this shit I thought "oh hey, I should've bought Simcity, then I would've gotten a free copy of dead space 3"

Then I realized :  They're giving you until the 26th to register.  This is a ploy to get people to buy 2 games for the price of one.

You have all been duped.
I only received it because I was duped to buying simcity in the first place
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
I read this yesterday: http://www.shacknews.com/article/78248/ … in-simcity

Pay note to this bit:

Bradshaw says that "We recognize that there are fans--people who love the original SimCity – who want [an offline mode.]" But, apparently that audience is moot because there are "thousands of people who are playing across regions, trading, communicating and loving the Always-Connected functionality."
So if you voice your dislike for something, yet still play it, they completely disregard your opinion, it seems.

That said, my friends have this and seem to be enjoying it. I just don't wanna pay anything near £40 for it.
bennisboy
+829|6616|Poundland

FFLink wrote:

I read this yesterday: http://www.shacknews.com/article/78248/ … in-simcity

Pay note to this bit:

Bradshaw says that "We recognize that there are fans--people who love the original SimCity – who want [an offline mode.]" But, apparently that audience is moot because there are "thousands of people who are playing across regions, trading, communicating and loving the Always-Connected functionality."
So if you voice your dislike for something, yet still play it, they completely disregard your opinion, it seems.

That said, my friends have this and seem to be enjoying it. I just don't wanna pay anything near £40 for it.
It is fun, but definitely watered down from SC4 unfortunately

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard