senor_fulff
+25|6771|Yorkshire, UK.

Itchy_nuts wrote:

If you dont like the game or the diffrent characters in it than rather go play barbie dress up or some shit and stop complaining that's all some of you fuckers ever do Shut The Fuck Up Will Ya
exactly +1 for ya
Foxhoundmgw
Man of Moebius Morals
+71|6592|Nottingham, UK

Zaitik wrote:

Foxhoundmgw wrote:

2) Claymores. Engies can use mines outside, Spec Ops can use C4 anywhere to blow a flag as soon as it goes neutral, the rest of us flag defend with guns and skill
and your spec op dies just when the flag goes to neutral... how ever if there wuld be snipers claymore it wuldnt matter if that sniper wuld have been killed..

of course sniper kit sucks cos you dont know how to use it
So your clays don't disappear after you die? Nice hax buddy. =P

And you only say the spec ops guy dies to prove your point is better than mine, so yeah, the spec ops guy dies, I run up, revive him, and he detonates the C4. oh dear. now we go and recap the flag for a few more points.

EDIT: Nice ASSumption that I don't know how to use Sniper kit. Has making blanket judgements without a clue of the facts served you well in real life? or do you think you might get lucky online with the strategy?

Last edited by Foxhoundmgw (2006-05-26 10:33:35)

Itchy_nuts
+11|6557
Thank you for the + K At least  some one understands some of the BS that’s going on in these forums senor_fulff Thanks

Last edited by Itchy_nuts (2006-05-26 10:34:56)

pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6658
top post mate i agree
Chillin&killin
+27|6686|Manchester,England
the sniper kit is the best and worst kit on the game depending on how it is used and who's using it. the idea of a sniper is to put the fear of god into opposition as they cant see him. you go on wake for instance you can snipe people form one side of the island to the other and enemies dont stand a chance. no other kit can kill from 350m in one shot.
Mekstizzle
WALKER
+3,611|6632|London, England

137twozerosniper wrote:

afrocullions wrote:

clays for flag defense is pure faggotry
WAT ELSE ARE U GONNA USE EM FOR?
Wow, shows how much you know. Tbh the people that play sniper-only are the people that really are worst at the game in general. Take someone that's half decent with a carbine/assault rifle and give them a sniper rifle and they will do 100x better than if you gave a Sniper a carbine/assault rifle.

*sigh*

To answer your question: Claymores were intended for personal self-defence for your 'sniping spot', now a good sniper stays on the move and invisible. So really claymores aren't even needed. Stupid DICE.

Don't give me no stats crap becuase, if you want 'stats':

Mr sniper rifle KDR: 1.6513
Yours: 1.1132
Yes there are people better than me but for someone that is sniper only you're pretty poor.

Sniping is easier than getting a gold in Karkand using a tank.

I've got my fair share of medals as sniper, it's usefull at times but really the people that are sniper only just are really annoying. Also you notice how they are always crying for more points/claymore changes/rifles should be one hit kill?

Easily the baby class of BF2.

Last edited by Mekstizzle (2006-05-26 10:35:48)

Foxhoundmgw
Man of Moebius Morals
+71|6592|Nottingham, UK

Mj.Blindfisch wrote:

1) Any kit can do this,but nobody has the view distance of a sniper through his scope,therefore it makes the sniper the most effective spotter.
If only they had implemented the target assist points and the laser designator into the game it would probably make more sense,even to you.

2) Engy's mines do not blow up infantry,SpecOps have to be alive to "push the button".The sniper can place the claymores and go hunting,the flag is protected against most captures without any further work for the sniper,so therefore the sniper is a very effective flag-defender,considering the effort.

3) Now with the removed squadhopping in 1.3 it is vital for the squadleader to stay alive,therefore you wanna put as much distance between you and your enemy.
And to support your squad more than just by being a living spawnpoint in a strategically important area(enemy base? ) you need a weapon that can effectively kill on long range,therefore the sniper is an ideal squad leader.

So,you don't seem like a total wanker by saying this,it just seems that you haven't thought this completely through.
1) View distance 100. I can see just as far as you boyo. So what if I can't quite make out that prone Support guy mowing down our troops? Thats your job, as a sniper, to put that c*nt down. A Humvee/Vodnik/fscking ice cream truck however, is a somewhat bigger target. I think I can see that at long range, even with my less than 20/20 vision. Oh wait, my Eryx/SRAW can even spot that prone Support guy. Looks like I can do your job there...

2) And claymores don't do shit to a tank. So shall we discount the 'snipers are great at defending flags with claymores' line? Someone else has kit that serves the same purpose, but on a bigger fish, and you ain't singing their praises.

3) Sniper on a rooftop, UAV, guy on a ladder, guy behind sniper/squad leader. guy[knife]sniper. oops. wheres your spawn point gone?

It's not about me not thinking things through mate. It's about yourselves saying 'we pwn so hard' without a thought about how others do too.
Aardcore
+60|6724|USA, Arizona
I'm with the guy who started on this post about snipers. As I look and see everyone bashing on snipers, I say to them that snipers are highly misunderstood. In reality snipers are the most feared element of combat and probably the most overlooked, yet here on BF2, it's just an 'easypickings' type kit that you just point, click and kill. The same thing could go for the support class with the PKM could it not?

At least a sniper only has so many rounds before he runs out of ammo and has to go looking for one of these support guys, or some spare ammo pack laying around from an enemy support unit or a box the commander just happens to keep lying around.

I play as Assault exclusively, there's nothing more like the thrill of running in, guns blazing and just taking on the enemy head on but I find it most beneficial to the team that I become a sniper every now and then. Though my teammates may not be aware of it, I rather enjoy taking a couple of shots out and only getting damage kill assists as a sniper if I don't manage the one hitters to the head.

Snipers aren't team players, snipers are no good, their claymores are for 'noobs'. This is all misunderstood and should be looked over at again. The element of this game is strictly for team based game play and the sniper can be a highly valued team player, it's just gone to those abusive players who use the sniper class to tk  people in helicopters or in jets, the guys who'd rather sit in ONE place than help the team.

We've all been in this situation in one place or another, but who hasn't been in a game and when your team is losing, the LAST guy on the team is a sniper? Now you can argue "That's exactly what we mean!" But I say that's the worst example of a sniper and probably stands out as that point I'm trying to make. Not all snipers are the same, it's just the worse which makes up for their image.

Last edited by Aardcore (2006-05-26 10:43:13)

.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6821|Marathon, Florida Keys
i'll "bash snipers" all i want, they ruin every fucking city map on reg bf2 and special forces with there gaymores and there guns that take you down to such low health that if you jump over a wall you die, and nothing is more satisfying than shockpaddleing one of those bitches.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
EvilMonkeySlayer
+82|6663
Handbags at the ready!

Everyone else sucks apart from me, chillin, ss and tahadar. 
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6708|Germany

Mekstizzle wrote:

Wow, shows how much you know. Tbh the people that play sniper-only are the people that really are worst at the game in general. Take someone that's half decent with a carbine/assault rifle and give them a sniper rifle and they will do 100x better than if you gave a Sniper a carbine/assault rifle.

*sigh*

To answer your question: Claymores were intended for personal self-defence for your 'sniping spot', now a good sniper stays on the move and invisible. So really claymores aren't even needed. Stupid DICE.

Don't give me no stats crap becuase, if you want 'stats':

Mr sniper rifle KDR: 1.6513
Yours: 1.1132
Yes there are people better than me but for someone that is sniper only you're pretty poor.

Sniping is easier than getting a gold in Karkand using a tank.

I've got my fair share of medals as sniper, it's usefull at times but really the people that are sniper only just are really annoying. Also you notice how they are always crying for more points/claymore changes/rifles should be one hit kill?

Easily the baby class of BF2.
Maybe you keep playing sniper for a few hours more than your puny 47 hours and maybe even spend some time on the SF maps(especially the night maps) nd you'll probably change your opinion....

Until then I would suggest you not to talk about things you haven't fully understood yet.

And the stats crap?Are we already on the level of comparing sizes?Duuhh...mine's bigger...

Foxhoundmgw
Man of Moebius Morals
+71|6592|Nottingham, UK
Now that is a better point, anyone who storms sees the true (by my estimation) value of a sniper.

Was Anti-Tank with DAO12 on Warlord last week,  1 sniper in squad with me a medic and a support guy moved in a staggered position from the rest of the squad, I went through the front door as another squad had already gone for the bottom left windows, medic followed, 3 on the central landing, firefight, lots of bullets. Notice some C4 as medic and I go upstairs, get to the balcony, and there is a dead Spec Ops guy.

Snipers cover arse like no other. But your other reasons for sniper loving are nothing other kits can't match.
AT3am_Murd0ch
+15|6592

REDRAGON12345 wrote:

Man, all i hear is how snipers are sooo stupid and that they do nothing to help the team and are so useless well i play sniper alot and have the expert(Check stats) and snipers help the te4am ALOT!
[rant]

Tonight, I am VERY bored - and because of that, i am going to find you in a server, if you are playing, and i'm going to knife you as many times as I can, and then post ALL of the screenshots here. THAT is how much snipers annoy me.

[/rant]

Edit: Hello hello what have we here: REDRAGON12345 is playing Strike At Karkand on Knife and Pistols only SH

-and a screenshot to prove it - i left the rest on my OS on there to prove i didnt make it up...

https://www.noborders.co.uk/KandPLoser.JPG

Busted.

full size image link:

http://www.noborders.co.uk/KandPLoser.JPG

Last edited by AT3am_Murd0ch (2006-05-26 10:59:31)

Foxhoundmgw
Man of Moebius Morals
+71|6592|Nottingham, UK

EvilMonkeySlayer wrote:

Handbags at the ready!

Everyone else sucks apart from me, chillin, ss and tahadar. 
But, but, yer from Leeds man...

I can't understand a fscking word you people say on TS!

I kid.
tip700
+9|6635
Theres no such thing as noob classes. Just noob players.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6763|Toronto, ON
Yawn, I thought I already schooled you kids in the importance of sniping.  Do I really have to do it again?
Alpha as fuck.
AT3am_Murd0ch
+15|6592

Nyte wrote:

God amongst snipers
God - Amongst Snipers? You and your sniping friends must shit yourselves when he does that...
dont_be_ss
+312|6605|selby, n. yorkshire, UK

137twozerosniper wrote:

well noob who really uses the M24??

M95 shooting planes and choppers... short range i use for

L96 long range

sooooo shut up
who really uses the m24? try JEFFWHITLEY
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6722|Sweden
most snipers( yes i said most which does´nt means everyone ) deserves som crap, i play sniper pretty much all the time when i don´t feel i´m needed as antitank, medwhore ore anything else more boring.

but it´s a game which we all paid for anyone can play their own way, don´t see peoples problem if snipers are soooo terrible bad at everything why complain should´nt that give you an advantage?
REDRAGON12345
Banned
+71|6684
Lol I Was Not On That Sever For Long If You Check Again>.... I Was Trying To Tell Them That I Whould Reset Their Stats For Being On A Knife And Pistol Sever But Then They Banned Me So No I Was Not Statspadding Fools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Foxhoundmgw
Man of Moebius Morals
+71|6592|Nottingham, UK
I think snipers as a whole get crap (as opposed to being told you don't suck/rock more or less than other kits) because a lot of them can't storm even if it's needed.

As a gent further up posted, a lot of times a Sniper is the last person left on a map if you are losing hard.

You see the poor sod amble around for about 2 minutes, trying to get somewhere he can take a flag, and then gets hunted down and killed.

A more experienced sniper may start moving before he's the last one left, to either support a cap, or start his own, with defensive clays placed, if he's kept hold of them/resupplied.
Foxhoundmgw
Man of Moebius Morals
+71|6592|Nottingham, UK

REDRAGON12345 wrote:

Lol I Was Not On That Sever For Long If You Check Again>.... I Was Trying To Tell Them That I Whould Reset Their Stats For Being On A Knife And Pistol Sever But Then They Banned Me So No I Was Not Statspadding Fools!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Logging onto it full stop leaves YOU open to criticism, especially if someone else took the line of action you'd have been best advised to take if you give a crap about K&P Servers. Find the server,  note the IP, go to gamemonitor, take names, screeny, report to bfrankedservers or whatever.

If you don't know them, and don't give a crap if they get wiped/shut down, pull a Nike.

Just Do It.
ZkylonB
+36|6559
Sniper <3
ssonrats
+221|6656
SVD=medium close range
L9=obviousley is for long/medium range

If you run up to people with the SVD it is quite easy to beat them 1 on 1 because of the semi-auto 10 shotter pwnerizor.

Im tired of jealous players stating that the L9 is too good, ffs lets all use the crap guns then, so this guy feels better.
kn0ckahh
+98|6750|netherlands, sweet lake city
whhheeeeee  wheheeeeee   i got shot  with a bullet by someone with  a  GUN   they should
lets go cry to EA   bet they want to patch it

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard