globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

Jay wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

btw i find it funny how papua new guinea is somehow "western" because it used to be part of Australia.
I think that has more to do with religion. Lots of Christian missionaries have gone there over the years.
Which didn't help much, as there are still a lot of superstition and witch hunts.
Literally.
And stupid politicians who not only declared witch hunting illegal, but also evil witchcraft, thereby de facto confirming that witches exist, which the dim witted tribal plebs want to hunt.
Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6703|Cambridge, England

Spearhead wrote:

Cheeky_Ninja06 wrote:

I think the map splits eastern europe / asia into too many different groups.
You do know that India and China make up 2.5 billion people?  And you think its split into too many groups?  lol

Thats almost 10 ten times the size of the united states.
More the fact that russia is its own group, china is its own group, japan is its own group, India is its own group and there's even a Buddhist group as well.

Its not really groups if they only cover one country.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663

globefish23 wrote:

Jay wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

btw i find it funny how papua new guinea is somehow "western" because it used to be part of Australia.
I think that has more to do with religion. Lots of Christian missionaries have gone there over the years.
Which didn't help much, as there are still a lot of superstition and witch hunts.
Literally.
And stupid politicians who not only declared witch hunting illegal, but also evil witchcraft, thereby de facto confirming that witches exist, which the dim witted tribal plebs want to hunt.
There probably are/have been people who practiced some sort of witchcraft, whether or not it was actually efficacious sorcery is unknown. By witchcraft, I mean utilizing what they believe to be real science/magic to cause the illness or death of another individual. The witches "do" exist, but the revenge killings are based in what appears to be superficial superstition.

PNG is hardly part of the christian world though. The bastardized versions of christian dogma that are preached and practiced couldn't be further from a typical European understanding of Christian cosmology.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2013-03-13 15:42:45)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687

Superior Mind wrote:

globefish23 wrote:

Jay wrote:

Literally.
There probably are/have been people who practiced some sort of witchcraft, whether or not it was actually efficacious sorcery is unknown. By witchcraft, I mean utilizing what they believe to be real science/magic to cause the illness or death of another individual. The witches "do" exist, but the revenge killings are based in what appears to be superficial superstition.

PNG is hardly part of the christian world though. The bastardized versions of christian dogma that are preached and practiced couldn't be further from a typical European understanding of Christian cosmology.
PNG is as "Western" as Christian Africa.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
I disagree. There are parts of the island that are still completely isolated from the outside world, where people live with presumably stone age technologies. Besides that, traditional wisdom and religious beliefs still permeate the collective cultures. Africa has been more thouroughly colonized.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard