PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6259|Pacific NW, USA
I just downloaded it yesterday. Definitely a learning curve but it's really fun.

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
Sounds like a competitor to World of Warplanes with bits of World of Warships and Tanks in it, except it has a world to explore like World of Warcraft/mmorpg's in general, given what I read from the description. Funnily enough, it originally was called World of Planes.

http://warthunder.com/en/game/planes/al … itle/list/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Thunder

I might try this.

Last edited by War Man (2013-03-05 01:14:01)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
I've been playing it for a while now, currently rank 8 as the British.

Really fun game so far.
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6691|Ireland | Monaghan

It's far better than World Of Warplanes. the learning curve is a bit much, and fucking settings controls with a joystick seemed to take forever. The game is pretty win though.
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5935|London, England

im gon pla warplanmes
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
PigPopTart
Shotgun whore
+133|6259|Pacific NW, USA

War Man wrote:

Sounds like a competitor to World of Warplanes with bits of World of Warships and Tanks in it, except it has a world to explore like World of Warcraft/mmorpg's in general, given what I read from the description. Funnily enough, it originally was called World of Planes.

http://warthunder.com/en/game/planes/al … itle/list/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Thunder

I might try this.
It's worth it.

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

I've been playing it for a while now, currently rank 8 as the British.

Really fun game so far.
I just made rank 2 as US yesterday.  Definitely not an easy game but it's very rewarding when you get a kill-streak.

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

It's far better than World Of Warplanes. the learning curve is a bit much, and fucking settings controls with a joystick seemed to take forever. The game is pretty win though.
No kidding, I even gave up setting up the joystick the first time, I just wanted to play FFS.  There are so many buttons/commands.

Last edited by PigPopTart (2013-03-05 13:24:25)

tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

LBJ has been playing this a fair bit and i've only heard good things.

Yet to give it a go myself.

Last edited by tazz. (2013-03-05 16:07:01)

everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

i've been playing this for months tommy!!!!!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
i posted about this in games chats a while back

it's good, but not at all balanced at the moment and the grind gets FUCKING HORRIFIC after about L10. also joysticks are a bit of an iffy (bad) choice for arcade.

on the plus side, it's not really p2w (for this sort of game) at all.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
IrishGrimReaper
Field Marshal | o |
+142|6691|Ireland | Monaghan

I'm happy enough flying my pro Kittyhawk and Airacobra's they own. Haven't even tried the other nations yet.

also lols pope
Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 4GHz || 3x2 GB OCZ 1600Mhz DDR3 || 80GB Intel X25-M Gen 2 || KFA2 GTX 480 1536Mb ||| Samsung T220 || Xonar DX 7.1 || AV 40 || P6T Deluxe V2 || Win 7 HP 64 Bit || Lian Li P80
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
Level 10 and up is a pretty serious grind for me at the moment, but I'm not sure whether I want to go all the way as British (no homo) or switch it up and give another nation a go for a while.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

IrishGrimReaper wrote:

I'm happy enough flying my pro Kittyhawk and Airacobra's they own. Haven't even tried the other nations yet.

also lols pope
my nan got well excited hah

airacobra owns, hellcat owns, the p47 owns but is fucking expensive

kittyhawk is like a spitfire, so so good

and catalina is the best low-tier bomber
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Level 10 and up is a pretty serious grind for me at the moment, but I'm not sure whether I want to go all the way as British (no homo) or switch it up and give another nation a go for a while.
you probably don't. the lancaster is shit, the meteors are cheap, but shit and that's it for brit high-tier. russians or germans get the best high tier, but the russians also get good planes at basically every level, unlike the germans.

get the l12 spit then bail imo
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
Russians are definitely the strongest at the moment, but they are adding in a new Meteor in the next patch and are tweaking some of the British and Russian planes so I might wait and see.

Last edited by Little BaBy JESUS (2013-03-13 16:05:49)

War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
P47 is awesome ingame? I love the P47 in real life. Do they have the mosquito as well?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

War Man wrote:

P47 is awesome ingame? I love the P47 in real life. Do they have the mosquito as well?
yep, but its FM is a bit weird at the moment. should be faster and a bit more nimble than it is (compared to the beaufighter anyway)

beaufighter master race.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
playing as germany.

so far biplanes are better than the plane I have upgraded into.
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
Russian biplanes are really OP compared to other countries. I'm rank 10 British but for lols went back and used the free reserve Russian biplanes, ended up getting to rank 4 in a night using only biplanes and getting 12-15 kills every round. Double the machine guns of all the other countries reserve planes, gg Russian devs lol
Adams_BJ
I killed 7 guys in a row with one of the reserve german planes last night, right after crashing my upgraded plane
Adams_BJ
pew pew pew
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum
yeah new patch sort of broke lots of things

goodbye flaps on brit planes!
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Little BaBy JESUS
m8
+394|6119|'straya
Yeah it did break quite a lot, but the gradual patches since have been fixing them. No flaps on my spitfires is annoying

But if they tone down the ludicrous economy then I'll be happy enough.
Adams_BJ
Bf 109 pew pew
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6470|so randum

Little BaBy JESUS wrote:

Yeah it did break quite a lot, but the gradual patches since have been fixing them. No flaps on my spitfires is annoying

But if they tone down the ludicrous economy then I'll be happy enough.
haha yeah purchase cost is mental atm.
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Adams_BJ
Luckily I'm not in the 10+ area yet! But I'm still buying planes fairly frequently

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard