Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253
considering this is my desktop, i hardly think i'm bothered about a 2 inch wide blue logo. or the led scrollwheel on my mouse (oh noes!)

https://i.imgur.com/woc9ukD.jpg

that said, i do think gaming peripherals that are heavy on LED's and bling are retarded. both my mouse and keyboard are basically stripped-back and simple black designs.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Fair enough. My own set of aesthetics just hate unnecessary LED baubles.
Benzin
+576|5997
Just helped my friend buy (with my uni discount) a Thinkpad T430 with the internal Ericsson broadband modem and a Samsung 500GB SSD... I can't begin to describe my jealousy right now, lol.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

Didn't buy but was given a brand new iPad2 as a gift.  I already have a nexus 7.  The iPad is new, unopened.  Should I trade it in for a mini iPad?  Keep it?  Give it to someone close to me?  I'm fairly adamant about keeping the nexus 7, but I'm open to being swayed to swap.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6715|Riva, MD
The iPad Mini is pointless, it's too big to be reasonably portable and too small to be as cool and have as much battery real estate as the regular iPad, you should take any other option
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Didn't buy but was given a brand new iPad2 as a gift.  I already have a nexus 7.  The iPad is new, unopened.  Should I trade it in for a mini iPad?  Keep it?  Give it to someone close to me?  I'm fairly adamant about keeping the nexus 7, but I'm open to being swayed to swap.
Give it to someone close to you - thats what my sister should have done with hers
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253
bought a new router today. wanted something with QoS specifically, after raging/yearning for such a feature for many years (shared connections at uni with many other students -> traffic nightmare). paid quite a lot more than i normally would, but it's definitely worth it. currently torrenting music at 1mbps+ download (only on a 20Mbps ADSL 2 line, not cable) and uploading at 400kbps+, with almost no difference to my ping. pretty nice. normally anyone on the network even having a torrent client open, ticking over at 0.1kbps, would totally kill gaming activity.

this fyi:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu … catid=1595
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
+761|4966|Dundee, Scotland.

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

bought a new router today. wanted something with QoS specifically, after raging/yearning for such a feature for many years (shared connections at uni with many other students -> traffic nightmare). paid quite a lot more than i normally would, but it's definitely worth it. currently torrenting music at 1mbps+ download (only on a 20Mbps ADSL 2 line, not cable) and uploading at 400kbps+, with almost no difference to my ping. pretty nice. normally anyone on the network even having a torrent client open, ticking over at 0.1kbps, would totally kill gaming activity.

this fyi:

Not bad always nice when you can download properly and game. QoS is so good.

On a related note, I just bought 5 480GB Kingston SSDs

Last edited by Camm (2013-03-18 10:30:51)

for a fatty you're a serious intellectual lightweight.
been checking out monitors lately looking for a larger IPS display.. Dell released new IPS displays, tho the one im eyeballing is 800$(Dell - U2713H 27" ULTRASHARP)
Then i see an article about Monoprice monitors that are to rival apple's famous fabulous display http://www.petapixel.com/2013/03/18/mon … =pulsenews .....thoughts? Is this legit? heh
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

Camm wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

this fyi:

Not bad always nice when you can download properly and game. QoS is so good.

On a related note, I just bought 5 480GB Kingston SSDs
QoS IS good.  So is having dual band wifi.  The wave of the future!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253
QoS is good but the QoS on this router is the kind of manual QoS that you need some sort of networking qualification to properly crack into. shit is insane. way more than i care to learn. but yes, that has been my pet peeve over the last few years of shared accommodation: people torrenting music or streaming television and nailing gaming pings/browsing performance (as torrents especially do). some basic QoS parameters help to curb that.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

In my experience, QoS definitely takes some knowledge to get to work properly.  I'm a total tech noob though, so I don't know if it's the router or my own lack of knowledge driving that opinion.
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

In my experience, QoS definitely takes some knowledge to get to work properly.  I'm a total tech noob though, so I don't know if it's the router or my own lack of knowledge driving that opinion.
Don't you work in IT?

And Aaron, is it the QoS where you need to limit bandwidth by the applications port number?
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4253

Camm wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Don't you work in IT?

And Aaron, is it the QoS where you need to limit bandwidth by the applications port number?
Rule Index    :   
        Active    :    ActivatedDeactivated
        Application    :   

Physical Ports    :   

WLAN    Enet1    Enet2    Enet3    Enet4
        Destination MAC    :   
        IP    :   
        Mask    :   
        Port Range    :     ~
        Source MAC    :   
        IP    :   
        Mask    :   
        Protocol ID    :   
        Vlan ID Range    :     ~
        IPP/DS Field    :    IPP/TOS   DSCP
        IP Precedence Range    :     ~
        Type of Service    :   
        DSCP Range    :     ~  (Value Range: 0 ~ 63)
        802.1p    :     ~
Action               
        IP Precedence Remarking    :   
        Type of Service Remarking    :   
        DSCP Remarking    :    (Value Range: 0 ~ 63)
        802.1p Remarking    :   
        Queue #   

for every single thing
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Camm wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Don't you work in IT?

Rule Index    :   
        Active    :    ActivatedDeactivated
        Application    :   

Physical Ports    :   

WLAN    Enet1    Enet2    Enet3    Enet4
        Destination MAC    :   
        IP    :   
        Mask    :   
        Source MAC    :   
        IP    :   
        Mask    :   
        Protocol ID    :   
        Vlan ID Range    :     ~
        IP Precedence Range    :     ~
        Type of Service    :   
        DSCP Range    :     ~  (Value Range: 0 ~ 63)
        802.1p    :     ~
Action               
        IP Precedence Remarking    :   
        Type of Service Remarking    :   
        DSCP Remarking    :    (Value Range: 0 ~ 63)
        802.1p Remarking    :   
        Queue #   

for every single thing
Shiiiiiiiiiit nigga.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

Camm wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Don't you work in IT?

Nope, just work for a network hardware mfg
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6310

50ft Cat6 cable to replace the 10 year old ethernet cable that was in terrible condition.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6221|Escea

Switched over to BT Infinity. Been chugging on 1mb broadband for the past eight years .
Camm
Feeding the Cats.

M.O.A.B wrote:

Switched over to BT Infinity. Been chugging on 1mb broadband for the past eight years .
What region of the country are you in? I'm in a built up city and still no Infinity. On Virgin now until BT enabled the cabinet. Still, it'll be free when it's here. Perks and all that
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

4TB backup drive

when we fill it up with pictures, i'm going back and buying another

one down, 3 to go;

https://i.imgur.com/E9znePo.jpg

Last edited by 13urnzz (2013-03-24 17:16:45)

RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire
holy shit
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

i thought 1 TB drive would last forever . . .
jsnipy
+3,276|6521|...

13urnzz wrote:

i thought 1 TB drive would last forever . . .
how do you save them raw?
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6496

yes, raw with one jpg per folder to remind me of where they were taken . . .
Camm
Feeding the Cats.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d5/LDFGT.JPG/250px-LDFGT.JPG

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard