pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
so far everyone is right! yay for knowledge
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
this branch of philosophy asserted that all statements are either categorically right (true) or categorically wrong (false), or else meaningless and not constitutive of knowledge/epistemological value.

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-02-26 11:18:15)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

This Salvador Dali painting is inspired by Dante's inferno.
https://85.214.48.237/kunst/pic570/353/410900446.jpg
It depicts a famous historical figures punishment of having his entrails left hanging out.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225
*figure's punishment.

leave it to 13/f/taiwan
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Macbeth wrote:

It depicts a famous historical figures punishment of having his entrails left hanging out.
The prequel to Hellraiser.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5669
mohamed.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6468

May Peace Be Upon Him

edit; dam capslock filter
Brasso
+1,549|6601

Macbeth wrote:

that would be prometheus

edit: fuck

Last edited by Brasso (2013-02-26 14:05:16)

"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Wreckognize
+294|6456

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

this branch of philosophy asserted that all statements are either categorically right (true) or categorically wrong (false), or else meaningless and not constitutive of knowledge/epistemological value.
I think that was Kant, so Kantianism?
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

13/f/taiwan wrote:

mohamed.
You only got this one because of Uzique. But since we are on the subject of Islam, let us do some Islam trivia.

This battle is a defining moment in Islamic history. A
coalition army of Pagans and Jews were unable to defeat Muhammad and his small group of followers. The Muslim victory proved that the Ummah could not be destroyed by outsiders and Isam would spread across Arabia.

This man originally was set on killing the prophet Muhammad. He instead converted to Islam because of his sister and rose to being one of Muhammad's most trusted followers. He is the second Caliph of Rashidun Caliphate.

In Dante's inferno Muhammad is punished by having his entrails spilled out. This Muslim figure joins Muhammad in this level of hell though his punishment is having his head split open from chin to forehead.

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-02-27 00:22:11)

13/f/taiwan
+940|5669

Macbeth wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

mohamed.
You only got this one because of Uzique.
nope.

macbeth wrote:

In Dante's inferno Muhammad is punished by having his entrails spilled out. This Muslim figure joins Muhammad in this level of hell though his punishment is having his head split open from chin to forehead.
Ali.

macbeth wrote:

This man originally was set on killing the prophet Muhammad. He instead converted to Islam because of his sister and rose to being one of Muhammad's most trusted followers. He is the second Caliph of Rashidun Caliphate.
i know all the names of the first four caliphs and I can already rule out two names but I have the other two mixed up in terms of succession.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

You should know the story though. The conversion from violence to obedience is a famous one. The answer is Omar.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5669
i do know the story but i get the order of umar and uthman confused. knowing abu bakr as being the first caliph and ali the fourth is easy what with them being tied to the splitting of the ummah into sunni/shi'a.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

Wreckognize wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

I think that was Kant, so Kantianism?
nope. you're confusing the categorical imperative with a categorial classification of truth as absolutely 'right' or 'wrong'.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

Macbeth wrote:

You only got this one because of Uzique.
ya, and i've actually read dante in my spare time - it was never taught formally on my courses.

au contraire, you only have these questions to pose because a professor set you a selection of the books to read. you're cultured
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Keep me updated

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-02-27 02:17:18)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

13/f/taiwan wrote:

i do know the story but i get the order of umar and uthman confused. knowing abu bakr as being the first caliph and ali the fourth is easy what with them being tied to the splitting of the ummah into sunni/shi'a.
Now name the battle.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Battle of Trench

This person was the first president from NJ.

This legendary president took over after the death of McKinely.
eleven bravo
+1,399|5230|foggy bottom
teddy
Tu Stultus Es
13/f/taiwan
+940|5669
someone pick a topic.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

First president from NJ was Wilson.

@13/f Napoleonic history
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Macbeth wrote:

\
Napoleonic history
The Swedish royal family are descendents of this French general and in-law of Napoleon.

Charles Bonaparte was the great Nephew of Napoleon. He was also a presidential cabinet member for the U.S. government and was tasked with creating this now central Federal government institution.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
How on earth has this gone on for so many pages on the Internet? The fun with trivia is to be able to stump someone else or learn new, interesting things. When you've got Google a click away, any fact can be discovered fairly quickly, robbing the game of much excitement. At least you could try it on IRC/TS or something else that is more or less "live".
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6680|England. Stoke

DesertFox- wrote:

How on earth has this gone on for so many pages on the Internet? The fun with trivia is to be able to stump someone else or learn new, interesting things. When you've got Google a click away, any fact can be discovered fairly quickly, robbing the game of much excitement. At least you could try it on IRC/TS or something else that is more or less "live".
Perhaps because not everyone feels the urge to cheat, and actually use their own knowledge to answer the questions.

Edit: Charles Bonaparte = FBI, I think. Don't know the other one.

Last edited by coke (2013-03-10 11:13:55)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

DesertFox- wrote:

how on earth has that university thing gone on for so long? with google just a click away...

next dumb question

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard