13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6490

i wear a suit, sometimes. i guess i need to grow my neckbeard and buy more Tshirts to be chick magnet.
LittleBitchy
I hope Hell has wi-fi.
+150|5452|Yeah, there :)

Dilbert_X wrote:

LittleBitchy wrote:

i also love it just so expensive but it's quality so...yeah
and yes polos come with that badge and are simple. But  normal t shirts are horrible....
You bought the wrong t-shirt, Uzique has told you, deal with it.
I like it so i don't care
Fall seven times. Stand up eight.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4247

Dilbert_X wrote:

LittleBitchy wrote:

and yes polos come with that badge and are simple. But  normal t shirts are horrible....
actually it was the bag i was pointing out, and was saying in general that they belong to a trend of 'rebel-wear' that seems to get touted a lot by the worst kind of people. student protestors who take more time making fancy placards and making fashion statements than actually doing any realpolitik or campaigning. this is a very self-evident phenomenon, i believe, and doesn't really need much evidencing. though you'll of course conveniently elide over that, because it helps you be a priggish contrarian.

please try harder.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

A large mixed berry arbor mist and a pack of wine coolers.
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD
Bought a pair of 194 bulbs at Advance Auto to replace one that went out in the dash cluster, and also a 20 ounce Dr. Pepper
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

LittleBitchy wrote:

actually it was the bag i was pointing out, and was saying in general that they belong to a trend of 'rebel-wear' that seems to get touted a lot by the worst kind of people. student protestors who take more time making fancy placards and making fashion statements than actually doing any realpolitik or campaigning. this is a very self-evident phenomenon, i believe, and doesn't really need much evidencing. though you'll of course conveniently elide over that, because it helps you be a priggish contrarian.
I never had LB pegged as a student protestor TBH, so your whole rant has been moot from the beginning.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4247
dilbert you are not going to get laid by being a sycophant for one of bf2s's only female members. i never said she was a student protestor, i just used them as an example of a group who are more image-conscious than actually-motivated. it's a trend in fashion. did i try to peg her to a category? nope. just said some flunky people get attracted to buying these fashion accessories that they somehow think 'defines' or 'reflects' them.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You're angry that people buy handbags with logos without having thought through the deep significance of the symbolism and how it really fits with their lifestyle?

OK.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4247
lol "deep significance of the symbolism". you are an idiot.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
No, you're the idiot

nothing expresses one's status as a rebel in society and a dangerous subversive radical like a bit of apparel. i love how fashion conscious all of today's anarchists are. they're gonna bring the world system to its knees... and damn, they're going to look good whilst they're doing it!.

like how that bag says 'a peaceful revolution' on it. kitschy optimism, for an affordable price! a peaceful revolution, alright, as all of the rebels and would-be anarchists of the world are slowly tempted and succumb to the marketed-and-branded capitalist niche of rebel-wear. 'a peaceful revolution', one sweat-shop manufactured product at a time. i wonder if the kids in the far east who have to stitch these things understand what the slogans they are working with say/mean. that would be funny.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4247
yes, there is an inherent contradiction and hypocrisy in buying 'rebel-wear' marketed at angst-y teenage rebels. why? because they have just purchased a cynically-marketed accessory, which has been designed to cash-in on that impulse for 'rebellion'. of course it's a funny and ironic hypocrisy. "cashing in on that anti-consumerist dime", ah, yes. it's simple to see. and yet teenagers and student activist types of all hue continually line up to buy stuff emptily sloganeered with these trite bullshit terms/images/icons. where do i want people to consider "the deep significance of the symbolism"? lol you are just being an idiot. it's simple: rebellion has been packaged, marketed and sold. i'm not asking people to go read marx's kapital before they buy a bag.
TSI
Cholera in the time of love
+247|5973|Toronto
Some gas (why is premium so bloody expensive?)
A big mac
Flowers
Catnip
I like pie.
rdx-fx
+955|6584

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

it's simple: rebellion has been packaged, marketed and sold
It generally even has a uniform. 
1970's and 1980's it was leather jackets, Doc Marten boots, jeans, wallet chains.

Angsty teens and twenties rebellion. 
It has a uniform of accepted clothing styles, a market demographic, and a soundtrack.
Part of the approved and accepted transition into adulthood in the Western world.

Flappers, Greasers, Hippies, Stoners, Punk, Goth, Emo, Hipsters.
It changes over time, but it's a controlled outlet for that youthful energy and enthusiasm.

Last edited by rdx-fx (2013-03-10 10:49:08)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6709|Riva, MD
Got some pancakes at IHOP last night when I went there with a girl and her friends for a "Midnight pancake party"
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America

rdx-fx wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

1970's and 1980's it was leather jackets, Doc Marten boots, jeans, wallet chains.

It has a uniform of accepted clothing styles, a market demographic, and a soundtrack.
Part of the approved and accepted transition into adulthood in the Western world.

It changes over time, but it's a controlled outlet for that youthful energy and enthusiasm.
I would imagine it's at the most commercial nowadays. You wouldn't expect most people to go all Gandhi and spin their own cloth to make clothes, but at least the punk movment had a strong DIY ethic to modify (read: destroy) off-the-rack clothing. Since then the companies have gotten wise and, like he said, packaged the movement for the armchair rebel who walks into a Hot Topic and thinks they're fighting The Man.

Last edited by DesertFox- (2013-03-10 11:01:19)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4247
dilbert is just pissed cause he shops at hot topic
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6184|Roma
iPhone 5
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

DesertFox- wrote:

rdx-fx wrote:

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

I would imagine it's at the most commercial nowadays. You wouldn't expect most people to go all Gandhi and spin their own cloth to make clothes, but at least the punk movment had a strong DIY ethic to modify (read: destroy) off-the-rack clothing. Since then the companies have gotten wise and, like he said, packaged the movement for the armchair rebel who walks into a Hot Topic and thinks they're fighting The Man.
Funny part is that the whole point of punk was to be an individual, but you ended up with thousands of posers that thought dying their hair, wearing jnco jeans, having a wallet chain, and getting their eyebrow pierced is what made them punk. The straight-laced looking guy wearing the three piece suit in the mosh pit was the real punk
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Jay is the real rebel when he post a video of some hardcore punk band I went to a show for back in high school.
LittleBitchy
I hope Hell has wi-fi.
+150|5452|Yeah, there :)
And it's all because of a handbag
People getting mad and laid ans all sorts of things ahahaha.

Now brb, gotta go do some bang bang with DX :*
Fall seven times. Stand up eight.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4247
keep the noise down his parents are in the next room
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Uzique The Lesser wrote:

dilbert is just pissed cause he shops at hot topic
Never been to Hot Topic but I'll certainly look into it.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England
I walked into one once after I saw the South Park clamato juice episode and laughed my ass off
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5578

Gothic girls can be hot sometimes. I never been to one myself but have been with girls who shopped there.
https://www.ghostofaflea.com/archives/Goth.jpg
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock
IS hot topic a chain or something?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard