M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Looking forward to the new gritty and realistic take. Just a shame it got pushed back.

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

A survivor is born?

The hell has Lara Croft been all this time?

e: oh. a murderess.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
Self Defence.
Chou
+737|6761
A shame yes but for the better, polished games ftw.
it also appears to be an open world setting which is tons better for a tomb raider game.
Lara looks better than ever
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

Game is going to be dumbed way down compared to the PS1 games.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

The controls on the early games felt pretty awkward imo.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6529|Hungary
Finally!
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Cisse
+63|4339
awesome, enjoyed the originals but as some have said the controls were always a bit awkward, though i imagine that won't be the case with this

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

A survivor is born?

The hell has Lara Croft been all this time?

e: oh. a murderess.
i get the feeling this is a series reboot

Last edited by Cisse (2013-01-03 10:34:45)

pooppooppooppoophttps://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n223/Samtheman53/Sigs/6z8doqc.gif
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Cisse wrote:

i get the feeling this is a series reboot
ugh
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Got it today, enjoying it so far. Very fluid gameplay and some nice options for getting around places. I just wish there was a way to fire on the move without always having to aim, though.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

How does it compare to the PS1 games?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Macbeth wrote:

How does it compare to the PS1 games?
Much improved, and not just in terms of control and visuals. There's a lot more to actually find that's not specifically related to the main plot, including tombs, journals and clues to specific areas of interest, and there's some neat usage of the environment to solve puzzles. It's pretty grisly as well at times.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5970|Vortex Ring State
are they trying to emulate spec ops: the line or what?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Trotskygrad wrote:

are they trying to emulate spec ops: the line or what?
In tone maybe. Spoiler (highlight to read):
There's a bit where you wake up in a pile of disemboweled and dismembered bodies and the heads and pieces move around when you hit them. Gameplay wise it feels like a mix of Assassin's Creed and Uncharted.

Last edited by M.O.A.B (2013-03-07 14:00:04)

M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Finished it, and I have to say that if they keep this up they could seriously challenge Uncharted. The last third or so of Tomb Raider is almost non-stop action plus Spoiler (highlight to read):
you find out how Lara get's her twin pistols. Furthermore, to add to what games it reminds me of, there are several gadgets reminiscent of the Arkham games.

Would definitely recommend.
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6661|Devon, England
Remember when games took ages to complete?
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

FFLink wrote:

Remember when games took ages to complete?
If you played it casually it would take a while, but once I get started into something I'm usually at it for a few hours at a time.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

The original Tomb raiders could be really unforgiving in terms of difficulty at the times. I am guessing that since you blew through it quickly, the developers made the game a ton easier?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6687|Riva, MD
Never played the originals before and now that I see this story starts from scratch, I kind of want to try this one but BioShock: Infinite is higher on my list
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Macbeth wrote:

The original Tomb raiders could be really unforgiving in terms of difficulty at the times. I am guessing that since you blew through it quickly, the developers made the game a ton easier?
The mechanics make the gameplay easier and less frustrating (less likely to leap and miss things), but some of the puzzles still need some careful thought. I'm quite good at working out environmental puzzles though so that would've sped up my playtime. If you'd played only an hour or so at a time, it'd keep you going for a while, especially if you spend more time scouring the areas for all of the clues/salvage/collectibles.
KuSTaV
noice
+947|6482|Gold Coast
Finished it last night. Shits pretty dope.

Agree with MOAB, some things are pretty obvious to complete, others need a few seconds of thinking. There are some visual cues that make it easy to know where to go, but overall its not challenging to the point where its annoying, nor is it hilariously easy.

Hope they keep making more TR games like this.
noice                                                                                                        https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/awsmsanta.png
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6193|Escea

Same here. They'll have their work cut out for them to do as well or beat this one in the sequel.
Brasso
+1,549|6601

yo this game is so pretty and sounds dope
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard