PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6162|Roma

Jaekus wrote:

The core of my routine is down and I have been adding in an auxiliary exercise every workout to address my shoulder issues, which I'm slowly getting on top of. I am currently deadlifting 115kg for seven reps, which is a record for me, squatting 95kg below parallel but have stalled on my bench a bit whilst I correct my form.
Had been hitting 115kg with my squat, then read this and realised I hadn't been going as low as I should have.
Went to at least parallel today and got to 6x90, 8x85, 10x80.
Feels better man.
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
baggs
+732|6175

PrivateVendetta wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

The core of my routine is down and I have been adding in an auxiliary exercise every workout to address my shoulder issues, which I'm slowly getting on top of. I am currently deadlifting 115kg for seven reps, which is a record for me, squatting 95kg below parallel but have stalled on my bench a bit whilst I correct my form.
Had been hitting 115kg with my squat, then read this and realised I hadn't been going as low as I should have.
Went to at least parallel today and got to 6x90, 8x85, 10x80.
Feels better man.
Nice! Are you squeezing your glutes on the way up too?

I've kinda been off the squats since the ski season started, i've just been doing some low weight, high rep squats and also seeing how long I can hold the weight for whilst i'm in the 90 degree position but thats mainly just to help my skiing.

Apart from that i've just been doing beasting sessions, I barely stop for rest between sets, keep my heart rate up and just hammer it for about 70 minutes and finish with a run and my body has responded to this very well since plateauing for a couple on months. I'm pretty much ready to drop at the end of the session

It's working tho, i've shed some extra body weight and i'm looking proper trim because of it, the best i have ever looked i think.

My pull ups are getting crazy now, my body weight + 10kg medicine ball held between my feet, wide arm to the chest or the back for 5-9 reps over 5 sets.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney
This is amazing.

"Presently I do 20,000 200lb reps for a total of 4,000,000 pounds every day"

BAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4813|Amsterdam
I've taken wendlers 5/3/1 4 day routine and adapted it in sib a way that it keeps its core, but won't give me back my tendonitis.
Dont't worry, the core, and more, are still there. It's looks like a very solid routine and I'm excited to get started on an actual pre-made routine used by many others and not some routine of my own creation.
Only exercises I'm worried about it OHP. It feels really bad on my elbows, but it is crucial in wendler's programme. Would it ruin the routine if i changed it to dumbell ohp? Because using dbs doesn't hurt my elbows. I'll give a go for this week with a barbell and very light weight and I'll see how it goes.
As for diet, I'm just going to try and eat even more.

I never forget: slow and steady wins the race.
Although hopefully this will make me win the race just a bit quicker
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5970|...
http://www.strstd.com/

^ useful. Start your first cycle on 90% then tick the box off for the following ones. Oh and don't go crazy on the calculator, benching 50 kg 30x doesn't equate to an 85 bench max.

I dunno about the OHP, check your form first and if it's getting you injured you have no choice but to drop the excersise. As for accessory work, sure you can play around with it but imo dave tate's / bbb or a combination of the two is best for most purposes.

Last edited by Shocking (2013-02-25 02:47:03)

inane little opines
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4813|Amsterdam
Did the first one today.
All the exercises went fine, even a lot that normally cause discomfot (I can actually do tricep exercises now), but barbell ohp still hurts. The tendonitis is so far gone, yet that exercise always gets to me. I tried everything, lowering the weight, wider grip, narrower grip, elbows in, elbows out, more bend in the elbows, less bend. Nothing works.

I iust went with dumbell ohp, since that doesnt hurt. The programme says you can substitute ohp with db ohp, so should be fine.
Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney
I'm like that with dips. I can attempt them with assistance of 50kg and they still hurt my shoulders, hence I never do dips.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
First time I actually noticed my rear delts and triceps popping out yesterday with pretty good definition on the rear delts especially, a couple days after my last workout and just having a look while getting changed. Completely relaxed with no flexing. Gave myself a little fist pump.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
https://i.imgur.com/zRLN7d5.jpg
Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney
https://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/309253_419626714792335_104407188_n.jpg
Adams_BJ
I can't see how any of that is beneficial. Maybe since youre stabilising you might recruit a fraction more muscle, at 9001% more chance of injury.
Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney
From A Workout Routine's facebook status:

"...and then barbell jump squats to failure."

A sentence I overheard in the gym today. Because you know, no exercise is better suited for going to failure quite like the barbell jump squat.

LMAO
Adams_BJ
Hahahaha
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Started a crossfit-like four week program for a change of pace. Hellish workouts, but not seeing the results I expected. I'm going to see it through, though.

Had to suspend week three, because my kid's in the hospital again. I'll restart week three on Monday.

I've learned that sumo deadlifts and kettlebell swings are from the devil.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney
Did my 1RM today on deadlift, squats and bench press. Wasn't as strong as I thought, though I did get to 3 plates a side for deadlifts. Squats slightly assisted at 110kg below parallel and bench press slightly assisted at 80kg, which is my current body weight. I did these four months ago with similar weights but in that time I've lost 8kg, so at least LBM has been preserved.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5970|...
'slightly assisted' doesn't really count though.

FEOS wrote:

Started a crossfit-like four week program for a change of pace. Hellish workouts, but not seeing the results I expected. I'm going to see it through, though.
I've always been skeptical about crossfit style workouts.

Kampframmer wrote:

I've taken wendlers 5/3/1 4 day routine and adapted it in sib a way that it keeps its core, but won't give me back my tendonitis.
Dont't worry, the core, and more, are still there. It's looks like a very solid routine and I'm excited to get started on an actual pre-made routine used by many others and not some routine of my own creation.
I hope that by core you mean the basic 4 day split 3 warm up sets / 3 work sets. Remember that it's a powerlifting based routine so you're supposed to take long rests between work sets (like 3-5 mins or even longer if you feel like it)

Last edited by Shocking (2013-03-01 03:00:36)

inane little opines
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4813|Amsterdam

Shocking wrote:

FEOS wrote:

I've always been skeptical about crossfit style workouts.

Kampframmer wrote:

I hope that by core you mean the basic 4 day split 3 warm up sets / 3 work sets. Remember that it's a powerlifting based routine so you're supposed to take long rests between work sets (like 3-5 mins or even longer if you feel like it)
I've said it plenty of times about crossfit: The idea sounds good, but above all cool, which is what matters to most that participate in the actual crossfit scene.
However, I just can't get behind the idea of combining such a rather precise performance like weightliftig with raw endurance and sprint-like sets. It's asking for injuries imo. A lot of the exercises and routines they invent are also complete and utter shite, but moet of this is beside the point because if you give it your own safe twist and do it right it could work (still highly debatable if it is any better than a regular lict routine), but so many people hate on it because it had almost formed a cult, people that act cocky and douchy thinking they are better and know it better than thise boring regular ole lifters.

If it works for you and you don't get injured, go for it, but don't get caught in the scammy cult.

As for my 531 work, I've kept the 531 lifts intact. Although I did have to switch out barbell ohp for db ohp because the barbell hurts my elbows.
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4813|Amsterdam
The whole concept of having expensive crossfit gyms and certified crossfit trainers that give you your daily (or weekly?) workout to inexperienced people and teach them completely skewed basics, all for outrageous amounts of money (compared to a regular gym and trainer) just doesn't sit right with me
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Grrrr....wrote up a response, wifi crapped out and I lost it.

To recap:

I did say "crossfit like" not CrossFit. It's really more about high volume, low rest, and sets of intense cardio. Full body, using equipment I either don't normally use or normally use differently. It's not like I'm taking a class at a specialized gym, running around from station to station with a bunch of other people. Just running a different program on my own.

It's supposed to be leaning, but I'm not seeing it.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4813|Amsterdam

FEOS wrote:

To recap:

I did say "crossfit like" not CrossFit. It's really more about high volume, low rest, and sets of intense cardio. Full body, using equipment I either don't normally use or normally use differently. It's not like I'm taking a class at a specialized gym, running around from station to station with a bunch of other people. Just running a different program on my own.

Yeah I know you said Crossfit like, hence why i said that I don't have a problem with people doing a personal variation of it, as 99% of those, if done by someone that knows a thing or two about lifting, turn out better than actual crossfit programmes.

I wish you best of luck.
Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney

Shocking wrote:

That's why I didn't count them.
Shocking
sorry you feel that way
+333|5970|...

FEOS wrote:

To recap:

I guess you're trying to limit the lean mass loss while you're on a cut or what?

Don't know anything about that though as I've never done a/needed to cut. I reckon cutting effectively all just comes down to diet.

Jaekus wrote:

Shocking wrote:

Alright... then I guess you just needa do them again to figure out your actual maxes

Last edited by Shocking (2013-03-03 10:12:27)

inane little opines
PrivateVendetta
I DEMAND XMAS THEME
+704|6162|Roma

Jaekus wrote:

From A Workout Routine's facebook status:

"...and then barbell jump squats to failure."

A sentence I overheard in the gym today. Because you know, no exercise is better suited for going to failure quite like the barbell jump squat.

LMAO
Made me lol
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/29388/stopped%20scrolling%21.png
Jaekus
+957|5149|Sydney

Shocking wrote:

Don't know anything about that though as I've never done a/needed to cut. I reckon cutting effectively all just comes down to diet.
Agreed.

Jaekus wrote:

Shocking wrote:

Alright... then I guess you just needa do them again to figure out your actual maxes
Yeah. We guessed that removing 5kg from both would be doable as 10kg lighter could have been done for at least a couple reps.

Last edited by Jaekus (2013-03-05 13:48:01)

Kampframmer
Esq.
+313|4813|Amsterdam
Slight pain in my elbow again. It feels very much like tendonitis like I had before, but it set on quite quickly and it hasn't bothered me at all until today.
I'm not going to work out the rest fo this week to be safe and then lower the weight on some of the elbow-heavier exercises next week.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard