coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6708|England. Stoke

Macbeth wrote:

who gives a shit? new jersey has a lot more global reach/cultural output than Turkmenistan. Probably put out more more in last year than that place in the last 600 anyway. meh
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6714|US

Macbeth wrote:

I live 5 minutes from NYC and was born there. NYC is often called the center of the world/universe.
..by people who have a very high opinion of NYC, perhaps.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6708|England. Stoke
Or are retards, I think both work in macbeth's case.
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5999|Vortex Ring State

Macbeth wrote:

I live 5 minutes from NYC and was born there. NYC is often called the center of the world/universe.
because the UN headquarters are there amirite

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4254

Macbeth wrote:

who gives a shit? new jersey has a lot more global reach/cultural output than Turkmenistan. Probably put out more more in last year than that place in the last 600 anyway. meh
jersey shore? not quite up there with the great ancient and middle-age civilizations of that region, is it? not sure snooki has contributed much to maths, or astrophysics.

and yeah, who says new york is the "centre of the universe"? oh yeah, that's right, new yawkers. where you have lived your whole life. in a country/state you have never left. ok cool. american geography, again. it's very um... oh i'm searching for a term... yankee-centric? just possibly. quelle surprise.

#3, 1:30 in.

Last edited by aynrandroolz (2013-01-17 12:32:19)

-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6658|BC, Canada

Macbeth wrote:

Whatever makes you feel better bro.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

i am sorry to have insulted your worldly sense of cultural importance uzi.

i also apologize to everyone else not living in or near NYC for any offense i may have given to wherever you live. i am sure wherever you live is wonderful
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6708|England. Stoke

Macbeth wrote:

i also apologize to everyone else not living in or near NYC for any offense i may have given to wherever you live. i am sure wherever you live is wonderful
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6622|Little Bentcock

Macbeth wrote:

Wagga Wagga.

Look at it
Look at it!
Respect it.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

Adams_BJ wrote:

Macbeth wrote:

Wagga Wagga.

Look at it
Look at it!
Respect it.
city so nice it's named twice but the second wagga is silent.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
13/f/taiwan
+940|5698

coke wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

one french soldier has been KIA :<
Wasn't that on a mission in Somalia though?
Yes. That was a separate incident. A French spy, Dennis Allex, was captured in 2009 and held hostage by a group called Al-Shabab in Somali. French commandos attempted to rescue him but failed. Two of their commandos were killed. Al-Shabab claimed to have executed  Dennis Allex on Wednesday.

Another group called the "Mask Brigade," took over a gas plant in Algeria and held the workers hostage. Some foreigners were apart of the group.  This was a result of the Algerian government allowing France to use their airspace so they could bomb Northern Mali. They siege ended with causalities on both sides.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/africa/20 … 17593.html

The number of troops France intended on deploying in Mali has jumped from 800 to 2,500. They have already deployed troops on the ground. All of this is ironic considering the French initially claimed to provide only air and logistic support in Mali. A role which the US has adopted, along with intelligence services.

I don't see this being an "easy win"  as the French paint it to be. The rebels they are facing off with were trained by US Special Forces and played a hand in the overthrow of the Ghadaffi regime. A regime once backed by the same nations that are involved with the "intervention" in Mali.

Yesterday's friends become today's enemies.

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Vietnam.
The people of Mali are 90% Muslim and organizations with ties to Al-qaeda have become involved.  The only way I see the US taking it a step further is if the France play on US's fear of "radical islam" as it did in Vietnam with the "red scare." Even then I doubt the US is gullible enough to buy the premise.

Last edited by 13/f/taiwan (2013-01-17 22:52:57)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Hey, just like 30's US Army.
13/f/taiwan
+940|5698
A drone base along with a small amount of troops in Niger. All to stop the Chinese and Russians from taking over. Macbeth was not too far off about the Chinese being the next major boogeyman for the West.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5585

And we shall call it the yellow menace
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715

13/f/taiwan wrote:

A drone base along with a small amount of troops in Niger. All to stop the Chinese and Russians from taking over. Macbeth was not too far off about the Chinese being the next major boogeyman for the West.
Yeah i mean radar locking japanese fishing boats with their frigates was just for shits and giggles right?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6771|PNW

Cybargs wrote:

13/f/taiwan wrote:

Yeah i mean radar locking japanese fishing boats with their frigates was just for shits and giggles right?
You can't explain that.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6410|'Murka

13/f/taiwan wrote:

That base has nothing to do with the Chinese. It's for multi-national CT efforts in the region...like, say....Mali.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard