KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6785|949

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I would have gone for something like these at for cheaper than $150: M-Audio Studiophile AV40 Powered Monitor Speakers and pick them up at the local music store.

With about five seconds of research you could get the better version for a few bucks more.
Yes, those are very portable 2.1 speakers.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6651

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Should I petition oh for an audio badge for you?
here KEN, i have a badge https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/avatard/Cranial.png
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,054|6776|Little Bentcock

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I said cheap. Then I said I paid the equivalent of a night out to give some perspective on the amount of care. Its not a humble brag. $150 isn't a lot of money no matter how you spin it. I wanted a 2.1 set up, that I could get today, that is very portable, doesn't take a lot of time to set up. Sure, I could have done some research and picked out the very best uber-audiophile speakers for the price- I could have got the best bang for the buck, sure. I didn't and I am well-aware. And I don't care. They are cheap and I'm certain ill be giving them away within a year.

Meanwhile you have to respond by telling me you spent the same for 'better' speakers. Good for you. Do you want me to karma you or something? Do you want some sort of recognition for being the uber audio resource pro? Should I petition oh for an audio badge for you? Are you feeling abnormally insecure? I'm not sure I understand the motive behind your response.
can I have them when you're done with them?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6785|949

Ill probably give them to my little brother. He gets all my hand-me-downs
Adams_BJ
What if I trade
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5739

3 original breast and biscuit from KFC.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I would have gone for something like these at for cheaper than $150: M-Audio Studiophile AV40 Powered Monitor Speakers and pick them up at the local music store.

With about five seconds of research you could get the better version for a few bucks more.
Yes, those are very portable 2.1 speakers.
I like how you call a speaker set with a subwoofer "very portable." The AV-40's aren't big, Ken.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6785|949

it is portable.  as in i can carry it all in one hand.  As in there are 3 wires and an adapter.  As in i can easily move it from the floor in the corner of my room into the living room.

Apparently you lacked the understanding of 2.1?  I actually need 2.1, its not just some silly requirement i put on there.  I know the AV-40s aren't big.  I actually looked at them at best buy when I was there buying the router (and the Z623s).  I really appreciate your recommendation after the fact though, thanks for that.

I just bought a bunch of groceries and 5 boxes of girl scout cookies.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

I think when I said "a speaker set with a sub" that it was obvious that I had fair understanding of 2.1. I know it's subjective preference, and I'm not badgering you to feel buyer's remorse, but I'd take the fidelity of a quality 2.0 setup over the mush of pretty much any 2.1 computer set any day. Particularly if I have to lug a "portable" subwoofer in and out of a room all the time.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5512|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

it is portable.  as in i can carry it all in one hand.  As in there are 3 wires and an adapter.  As in i can easily move it from the floor in the corner of my room into the living room.

Apparently you lacked the understanding of 2.1?  I actually need 2.1, its not just some silly requirement i put on there.  I know the AV-40s aren't big.  I actually looked at them at best buy when I was there buying the router (and the Z623s).  I really appreciate your recommendation after the fact though, thanks for that.

I just bought a bunch of groceries and 5 boxes of girl scout cookies.
I hope you got tagalongs as they're the only good kind of girl scout cookies. If you got thin mints all you did was waste your money. Give that shit to your little brother.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,739|6891|Oxferd Ohire
i got do-si-dos
i didnt ask for this
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|6118|London, England

ill dosido your face
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,813|6259|eXtreme to the maX
Bought some kinky leather gear.

https://www.pwluk.com/media/products/400/1004.jpg

https://www.pwluk.com/media/products/400/100.jpg
(Suede lined-Gives me tingles just saying it)

https://www.pwluk.com/media/products/400/609.jpg
All for about the price of a night out.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4408

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I said cheap. Then I said I paid the equivalent of a night out to give some perspective on the amount of care. Its not a humble brag. $150 isn't a lot of money no matter how you spin it. I wanted a 2.1 set up, that I could get today, that is very portable, doesn't take a lot of time to set up. Sure, I could have done some research and picked out the very best uber-audiophile speakers for the price- I could have got the best bang for the buck, sure. I didn't and I am well-aware. And I don't care. They are cheap and I'm certain ill be giving them away within a year.

Meanwhile you have to respond by telling me you spent the same for 'better' speakers. Good for you. Do you want me to karma you or something? Do you want some sort of recognition for being the uber audio resource pro? Should I petition oh for an audio badge for you? Are you feeling abnormally insecure? I'm not sure I understand the motive behind your response.
the motivation? it's a 'what did you buy today' thread. the concept is that people comment on things you bought and decided to share (i guess the 'motive' for you posting what you bought is either a straight gesture of display, or alternatively an invitation to discuss said item; that's the only logic here). thus, i commented on your speaker choice: buying logitech speakers for a pc/laptop set-up is about as shrewd and make-sense as buying dre beats for 'convenient portable headphones'. i.e. your buying decision sux. you use hyperbole and dumb rhetoric to make out i'm sniggering like an audiophile, instead recommending some esoteric and geekish audiophile alternative. no. there's a whole fuckin' spectrum of decent speakers between logitech and next-level audiophile shit. even without research or in-depth knowledge. $150 isn't a lot of money, but in terms of pc speakers, it's the difference between some bass-heavy and muddy logitechs, and a decent set of mini-monitors. you made a shitty buy. period. don't try and twist it into me recommending you a $15,000 vacuum tube set-up with $3,000 gold-plated cables. even my girlfriend could tell the difference between her old, package-deal logitech laptop speakers, and the new monitors i got her. yes, for $150. even more portable than a logitech set-up, with their separate subs and control consoles, too. you made a shitty buy. stop evading.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Two suits. Well, picked them up today, ordered on Saturday.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6785|949

want to know something funny?  After using those speakers last night, I'm going to return them.  The sub is absolutely horrible and I'm questioning whether I even need one.  The range on VOIP is absurd, but the sub on those Z623s is absolutely horrible.  I actually think I'm going to spend less money and get even shittier ones.  Any reccos?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

Bose.

Or weren't you being sarcastic?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

want to know something funny?  After using those speakers last night, I'm going to return them.  The sub is absolutely horrible and I'm questioning whether I even need one.  The range on VOIP is absurd, but the sub on those Z623s is absolutely horrible.  I actually think I'm going to spend less money and get even shittier ones.  Any reccos?
Are you going to return the thin mints too while you're at it?
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6785|949

no no, thin mints x2 and samoas x 3 stay.  i haven't busted into them yet.

UN13- wasn't being sarcastic.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I hate thin mints.

I hate mint in general though so...
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6925|PNW

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Well if you're swapping them for 2.0's, I still recommend the AV-40's. There's two versions. The older, slightly more expensive ones have more knobs. The newer, slightly cheaper ones have less knobs. Since you were ok with a subwoofer, I'm thinking you're fine with powered speakers, so...yeah. Good balance of fidelity, volume potential and cost.

If you want to raise some eyebrows, you could go for these http://www.amazon.com/Harman-Kardon-Sou … oundsticks and have 2.1.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,739|6891|Oxferd Ohire
Ask Uzi.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4408

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

logitech are known for having terrible muddy bass and ill-defined audio range. they give huge bass because it fools most idiots (read:you) into thihnking they're AWSM cause they can make LOUD RUMBLING noises. now you're asking for recs? delicious. but why would you want to listen to a bunch of anal-retentive audiophile fags? thought you didn't care about your throwaway purchases.

confirmed: dickhead.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,977|6785|949

I never expected it to be awesome. I thought I made that pretty clear, but I suppose not.

I'm surprised it took you this long to realize I'm a dickhead. Thank you for your recommendation.
Adams_BJ

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I never expected it to be awesome. I thought I made that pretty clear, but I suppose not.

I'm surprised it took you this long to realize I'm a dickhead. Thank you for your recommendation.
you may be a dickhead, but at least you're tall.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard