AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

I thought Republicans were all about low taxes and small government...?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England
Only when it's convenient.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

Jay wrote:

My state has already started taxing me on online purchases, but if you think about it, if I call up a store in a state without sales tax and order the product over the phone, where is the purchase being made? It's essentially equivalent to me standing at the counter and waiting in line to be rung up at the register. Same concept can be extended to buying something online. So if I'm purchasing a product in a state without sales tax in person and then transporting it back home, am I committing tax fraud? That's essentially their argument. Politicians just want revenue no matter the ethical dilemmas involved.

your article wrote:

Under current law, states can only collect sales taxes from retailers that have a physical presence in their state. People who order items online from another state are supposed to declare the purchases on their tax forms, but few do.
to answer your question, yes you are committing tax fraud if you don't claim it.  It's ok though, tax fraud is the American Way.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4252
"anything to declare?"
BVC
+325|6694

-Whiteroom- wrote:

It's the same in NZ.
Yep.  Regional pricing shafts Aus & NZ, and no company which does it ever offers up a good/honest reason for it when pressed.  Its often 10-30% more for titles (eg. Borderlands 2), Adobe CS6 is so expensive in both countries that its actually cheaper to fly to Los Angeles and buy a copy there, than it is to buy a copy from a store two blocks away from my office.  And its not a small saving either, buying in LA saves something in the region of $600-800.  Pet peeve of mine.

<3 GIMP

Last edited by BVC (2013-02-19 14:22:42)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

^ /Adobe

Love their software, but their packaging and pricing is garbage.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

My state has already started taxing me on online purchases, but if you think about it, if I call up a store in a state without sales tax and order the product over the phone, where is the purchase being made? It's essentially equivalent to me standing at the counter and waiting in line to be rung up at the register. Same concept can be extended to buying something online. So if I'm purchasing a product in a state without sales tax in person and then transporting it back home, am I committing tax fraud? That's essentially their argument. Politicians just want revenue no matter the ethical dilemmas involved.

your article wrote:

Under current law, states can only collect sales taxes from retailers that have a physical presence in their state. People who order items online from another state are supposed to declare the purchases on their tax forms, but few do.
to answer your question, yes you are committing tax fraud if you don't claim it.  It's ok though, tax fraud is the American Way.
You know that law is stupid.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
didn't you guys fight a whole revolution over taxes lol
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

You're the constitutional scholar / US historian, you should know this. As an economics/business savant, you should also know that if we eliminated tax fraud we'd have no budget deficits, no need to raise taxes or cut federal funding.

Not only does jay take handouts, he also avoids paying into the system. Like a true 1%er!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
online purchases tax fraud
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

online poker tax cheating

online poker tax evasion
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6540|Texas - Bigger than France

Jay wrote:

The concept of sales tax is ridiculous anyway. The money being spent was already taxed when it was earned, and then it's taxed again when it's spent.
Sales tax is local tax, not Federal
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire
Jay knows this
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

RTHKI wrote:

Jay knows this
-Frederick Bastiat
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Cybargs wrote:

didn't you guys fight a whole revolution over taxes lol
But seriously, it built up based on way more issues than just that.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5584

There is a decent argument that the native American threat had more to do with the revolution than taxes. British failure to defend against natives.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6495

the native American threat to me, means getting shorted on your peyote score. fuckers, i always water down the Jack Daniels they insist on getting with the cash.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard