+1,549|6628

Trotskygrad wrote:

Brasso wrote:

who wants game copy #4 for $37.50
37.50 is what I would pay?

nothx
rofl

i already gave it to my friend anyway
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6777|Great Brown North

Mutantbear wrote:

co-op is fine, need to play with someone with a stronger stomach
explain, i bet there's a funny story behind this
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5471|Ventura, California
I watched a gameplay video and there's a really annoying aspect of the game I would not purchase it for.

You had to search through every other suitcase on the darn island for money, cellphones, pain pills, energy drinks, etc. It's so freaking annoying going through a hotel and there's nothing but luggage and all you do for the first level is hit X twice when you get up to luggage.

That aside, the game looks fantastic. Wish we could at least get a hold of a 9mm glock or something off police officers.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6777|Great Brown North

-Sh1fty- wrote:

That aside, the game looks fantastic. Wish we could at least get a hold of a 9mm glock or something off police officers.
raid a police station. derp

so you're annoyed you need to actually look for things?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5471|Ventura, California
I have never played the game. I said I saw a few gameplays. I heard there were no firearms when they said there weren't any machine guns and ammo piles and stuff. I thought it would be a melee game.

Looking for a useful item is one thing, walking down a hallway with THIRTY suitcases, all of which you have to walk up to and double tap X gets very annoying fast.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6575|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
I got the game and its mostly melee fight, you can sometimes use gun, but ammo are somewhat rare! Very good game so far, map is huge and good looking, there is alot of fun to be had!
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6665

Mass murderer's paradise, albeit zombie victims.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6657|The darkside of Denver
yea, I'm enjoying it as well.  Havent had much time to play it though!
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6321|Graz, Austria

Miggle wrote:

movement and everything else in this game is nauseating. It's clear they were going for some sort of pretentious realism by making the screen sway and making walking not a fluid continuous motion.
Indeed.
Our relatively heavy head in combination with all the joints in the legs and spine, combined with our brain's "vibration stabilizer" filters act like a steady-cam.
Unless you get strong concussions or heavy vibrations, your vision is always straight and steady, even when running.

They apparently are doing it wrong. A human's spine is not a broomstick...
Miggle
FUCK UBISOFT
+1,411|6739|FUCK UBISOFT

krazed wrote:

Mutantbear wrote:

co-op is fine, need to play with someone with a stronger stomach
explain, i bet there's a funny story behind this

Miggle wrote:

movement and everything else in this game is nauseating. It's clear they were going for some sort of pretentious realism by making the screen sway and making walking not a fluid continuous motion.
https://i.imgur.com/86fodNE.png
Stimey
­
+786|6118|Ontario | Canada
not nauseating at all for me.
I'm having a fun time playing it. Watched my friend play it and he was absolute shit, died any time there was more than one zombie...
It's a pretty good game, I don't really understand all the flak its getting.
­
­
­
­
­
­
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

I got roped into playing this earlier with a buddy. So, Dead Island retrospective:

Right. All those bugs and annoyances people complained about when this game came out? Well it's 2013 and they're still there. Keyboard lockup? Mash ~ until your pinky turns blue. Steam overlay won't work? Alt+tab out to chat on steam. Questing in coop? Half of that shit ends up irreparably breaking. Hitting zombies with a lead pipe? Broken in 20 swings. Playing as the throwing weapon guy? Better just use what you pick up, because if you have an inventory full of elemental machetes or something, they're all just going to glitch out and disappear from the game entirely 1 out of every 10 throws or so. The exhaustion mechanic is fine, but when all fights pretty much turn into jump kick and headstomp because it conserves energy and weapon durability, things get monotonous.

Trailer more epic than anything in the game? Check. Fetch quests designed to make the playable area on the island seem bigger than it is? Check. Yeah, not fooling anybody. Characters and NPC's that would actually be improved with a two-dimensional personality? Check. All the stuff that pissed me off about this game in the first place is still there, but joy of zombie killing is gone.

3 papier-mâché katanas out of 10

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard