Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4225

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Did not know. I'm fine with watching it on tv, just would have been nice to see first hand, as long as you got some of the interesting speakers.
there's a 'TEDx' series that goes around organized as a sort of DIY thing - endorsed and under the umbrella of the official organization, but minus the price-tag (and basically the main TED event is organized around giving high-level industry insiders, inventors/creatives, marketers etc. a chance to 'network'). just fun, exploratory, not-too-serious, a little whacky, etc. lecture series. they've sprung up all over the place. you should look into attending one of those.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6630|BC, Canada
Do they usually follow the main events around, or as a separate circuit?
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5444|Ventura, California
Fucking news reported this 24/7 while there was a summit in the Middle-East

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/155252_474766865924488_1908843692_n.jpg
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6630|BC, Canada
Cause civillians paying to be on a cruise ship are the same a soilders payed to be in a hole. They signed up for a shit job just like you, so don't be surprised when people don't care about the shit parts of your job.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
It's not news worthy when there's more important shit going on. It should have been one of those, "In other news, a cruise ship is stranded off the coast of wherever, they're expected to reach port in 5 days, bla bla bla. Now back to more important shit..."
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6630|BC, Canada
News worthy is what sells dummy, not what's important. In your country shit like honey boo boo is what sells... get used to shit news.

Last edited by -Whiteroom- (2013-02-15 22:16:21)

_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6688|Riva, MD
The simple fact of the matter is that the media thrives off making a mountain out of an anthill, they'll focus on it till they've covered(or made up) every last little bit of information and then they'll still do it some more.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty

-Whiteroom- wrote:

News worthy is what sells dummy, not what's important. In your country shit like honey boo boo is what sells... get used to shit news.
This is exactly what I'm talking about. The news has become an entertainment industry. I would actually watch the news more often if it was about important shit. Another thing that pisses me off is time limits for official events. There's important shit that can't be covered in x amount of time, deal with it until it's done. Freaking pisses me off when I see politicians talking about important stuff and then having to stop and move on to less important shit.

As my rage grows in this and the upcoming rants, expect me to seem more retarded with each post.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6124|what

-Sh1fty- wrote:

Fucking news reported this 24/7 while there was a summit in the Middle-East

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
I can't be the only one bothered by this. What are some news companies I can view online that aren't full of bullshit filler? Fox News is absolutely horrible in that regard, but unfortunately it's either left-wing or right-wing bullshit and I prefer the latter by a very shallow margin.
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6630|BC, Canada
Maybe look for something not from the states.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
Is it true that Al-Jazeera (sp?) is good?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6077|eXtreme to the maX
Al Jazeera is pretty good from what I've seen so far, truly 'fair and balanced'.

I found it educational to read all the major daily papers. If you read the same story five or six times and see the spin each outlet puts on it eventually you'll get a feel for what their agenda is.

The same is true for News channels. Sometimes its just as interesting to see which stories they're not covering.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

I have $5 in Amazon MP3 credits that are going to expire in a few days. I don't own a dedicated MP3 player and just use Pandora on my phone for music.
UnkleRukus
That Guy
+236|5007|Massachusetts, USA

-Sh1fty- wrote:

It's not news worthy when there's more important shit going on. It should have been one of those, "In other news, a cruise ship is stranded off the coast of wherever, they're expected to reach port in 5 days, bla bla bla. Now back to more important shit..."
If you were stranded for 5 days eating onion sandwiches in an ocean on a cruise you dropped 5k$ on, you would probably want the world to know about it.

Space cadet feminist roommate spends more time on her stupid cosplay costumes than cleaning, taking care of her cat, and taking care of herself.

Cant wait till my GF and I move out.

Last edited by UnkleRukus (2013-02-16 05:00:52)

If the women don't find ya handsome. They should at least find ya handy.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Shifty, just stop watching the news. None of it is news worthy.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney

-Whiteroom- wrote:

Maybe look for something not from the states.
RT? lol
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6630|BC, Canada
?
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5149|Sydney

-Whiteroom- wrote:

?
http://rt.com/
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6662|Devon, England

Macbeth wrote:

I have $5 in Amazon MP3 credits that are going to expire in a few days. I don't own a dedicated MP3 player and just use Pandora on my phone for music.
Hmm... If I'm gonna buy music, I want my physical shit.

Unless of course there are no labels involved.

Last edited by FFLink (2013-02-16 09:45:47)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5556

UnkleRukus wrote:

-Sh1fty- wrote:

If you were stranded for 5 days eating onion sandwiches in an ocean on a cruise you dropped 5k$ on, you would probably want the world to know about it.

Space cadet feminist roommate spends more time on her stupid cosplay costumes than cleaning, taking care of her cat, and taking care of herself.

Cant wait till my GF and I move out.
she sounds fun. Does she ever dress up in cat ears?
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6471|so randum
takeaway is starting to remember my address
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6710|Toronto | Canada

all the guys who work late night subway by my house know my roommate's name and his order off by heart
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
Everyone at the Chinese bakery knows me...
-CARNIFEX-[LOC]
Da Blooze
+111|6624

Winston_Churchill wrote:

all the guys who work late night subway by my house know my roommate's name and his order off by heart
Orders the same thing, often, from Subway? Quite the gourmand?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/12516/Bitch%20Hunter%20Sig.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard