pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6299|Washington St.
wait.

you want your window to stop scrolling down to the file you just copied into that window?
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6725|Riva, MD
I think he's saying his folder is very full and really slow to scroll through so in order to not have to keep scrolling all the way up and down to copy from the bottom & paste to the top, he opens one window to copy from the bottom and keeps another one open with all the subfolders at the top to quickly paste to(because Windows 7 defaults all folders to the top).

His problem seems to be that when he does something with a file that he intends to copy in that folder, it automatically scrolls down to it in the other window as well and then he has to keep scrolling back up to the top area in the 2nd window anyway to paste it into the subfolders.  I don't know why he would be having this issue nor what he can do to stop it but I think this is the issue he is trying to explain

Last edited by _j5689_ (2013-02-11 12:32:39)

Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6721|US
You're almost close j5.

I tried to upload the gif to imageshack but it says its too big. z.z 6+mb.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6299|Washington St.
Try bf2s? (I don't know the limit)
Or another image hosting site?

I truly want to help but i'm still slightly confused. I tried to mimic j#'s but mine didn't do that so I dont think i fully understand the issue.
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6721|US
Ah. Didn't know we could upload here. Perfect

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/8392/wierd.gif

That's the issue.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6299|Washington St.
speaking of which, how DO you upload stuff to the bf2s hosting? or are we not supposed to do that anymore?
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6721|US
'upload images' right there under the quick reply or whatever box.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6745|Oxferd Ohire
iduno maybe the upload images right under the post box
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6299|Washington St.
i'm dumb
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6721|US
First time I saw it  was 7 mins ago too.

Anyway, thats the issue. ^
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6299|Washington St.
well mine does indeed do the same thing (no surprise) and i can't find a way to stop it. sorry
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5796|Catherine Black
Is the "Backgrounds" folder in the "Backgrounds" folder a shortcut to the "Backgrounds" folder?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6721|US
No, its a folder of its own.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6299|Washington St.
can you just go into the backgrounds folder (the 2nd level one: Backgrounds\Backgrounds) and right click inside there to paste? And use the other window to select what you'll be pasting?
Or do you need to have both windows open to the same window? (the first level Backgrounds folder)
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6721|US
I would like to have both open to the same folder so that I can paste into multiple folders like in the example if something needed to go to the widescreen folder it would be right there instead of having to back out of the current subfolder and get into the other.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6299|Washington St.
gotcha.

well my best workaround would be a lot of ctrl-clicking so the scroll-back-down-to-where-you-were time would be minimized
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6721|US
Actually it would be scroll-back-up time.

It goes to the file I copied from the first window in the second window as well, so I gotta keep scrolling up to where the folders are.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6299|Washington St.
That's right sorry. Well either way...

Also, if there's a logical choice to you choosing which backgrounds go into which folders (in this case Widescreen as opposed to non-widescreen), you can try different "Sort-by" columns to split the two groups to make it easier to sort. In this case there is no "widescreen" sort-by but if the widescreen pictures are larger, a sort-by Size wouldn't be a ridiculous choice. That way there's more shift-clicking of lots of pictures to move quicker.

Again, not a real fix to your issue but it may help.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6299|Washington St.
or hell. just cut/paste into their respective folders, then once you get them all where they should be copy the entire contents of both folders back into the root where they started. They'll be back to mixed up but you just did it backwards.
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6721|US
Yea, though the way I did it in xp was way faster and easier and your idea won't work in most cases.

But I guess its just like mouse acceleration. I have no mouse acceleration besides a lil checkbox that does nothing at all in both the win7 mouse options along with my g600 software options.

Damn it all anyway.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6299|Washington St.
tracert your computer on over to 216.81.59.173 for teh lulz

and by 'teh lulz' I of course mean a half-smile as you watch.
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6505

i don get it;

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/21025/ss/2-19-2013%2011-11-43%20AM.jpg
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6747|Toronto | Canada

it gives the intro to star wars... if you arent drunk
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6299|Washington St.
Looks like you stopped it before it was done or firewalls ftl

https://i.imgur.com/WDb4MTe.jpg
13urnzz
Banned
+5,830|6505

firewalls, i'm at work . . .

Winston_Churchill wrote:

it gives the intro to star wars... if you arent drunk
i'm not drunk, i'm at work. one day, i will either have a job where i can drink at work, be a scotch whisky tester, or i'll continue doing what i'm doing - drinking while i study for certifications, and then realizing that i need a buzz to past the tests. God how i miss college . . .

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard