Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
how is musicbee 'easily' better than itunes column browser? it looks like a shitty version of spotify, layout-wise. no thanks.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!
+521|6740|Toronto | Canada

considering you havent used it and youre looking at internet screenshots, yeah your opinion is worth a lot.

itunes is terrible on windows and basically always has been.  its painfully slow and lacks any customization whatsoever.
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
10 years with a 1tb music library and i've never found itunes 'slow'. in fact it's the fastest media player i have used that manages such a large library (6000+ albums). no other media player loads up as fast, nor gives me such an easy browsing capability (search and column browser just about wrap it up). and this customisation thing keeps coming up... what the fuck? why would you want to customize a media player? aren't player skins a bit windows XP? wanting to reskin or change the look of my media-player reminds me of something i'd do to stave off boredom in between downloading 96kbps mp3's off napster at 7.5kbp/s.  it's such a pointless and nerdy thing to want to do. customize an mp3 player. wow. sorry i buy real records. they come with pretty packaging and pictures! i don't get so bored and dissatisfied with my digital music collection that i want to fart around making my media player a unique little snowflake. that's kinda lame. that's like dissing someone for using windows 7 without like, omg bro, using a custom dock and sick startmenu skin. how asinine. itunes lets me select what columns i want, and what to sort by. it gives me artwork browsing, if anyone wants to use anything as dumb and bulky as that (who does, really). i can't really think what else i actually want from a media player.

oh and itunes effortlessly home shares and syncs across my iphone, ipad, macbook, and (windows) desktop pc. that's a pretty cool media player. and it does it all automatically - assuming i'm signed into my apple id account (which i always am), and assuming i'm using the home wifi network (which i always am). no configuration required. i can play any of my main music collection from my desktop's sata drives whilst in the bath, on an ipad, or whilst sat on the other side of the house with my macbook. yeah, itunes sucks. really wish i could make the skin, like, dark red or something!!!!

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-02-08 14:26:00)

Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

thats awesome for you, but its painfully laggy on my 200GB library.  and what a fluffy rant about customization. maybe i prefer having my pause play buttons on the bottom as opposed to the top? i also find their on-the-go playlist functions fantastic with a sidebar showing whats up next. itunes has a ton of empty, wasted space. the search function is totally fine in musicbee, ive never had an issue with it.
all my music is synced through google music and perfectly able to stream from my ipad or SGSII anywhere. not an issue at all. it also syncs with everything in my house through network shares (to roommates with itunes and foobar). but yeah, i love having my player blood red with black gothic font 
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
omg a play/pause button at the bottom instead of the top! well i've got great news for you: hover your mouse over the itunes tray icon and it has media player controls! womgwtf! best media player ever. i also have no idea how it is laggy on a 200gb computer. i don't even use SSD drives and it's lightning fast.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

woah no way!!!! oh wait musicbee has that too
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
really convincing me thus far that it is quote unquote "easily the best music player around". i cannot believe it has playlists and a play/pause button at the bottom of the screen instead of the top. please tell me more unique features i am captivated. you really make a strong case for itunes being 'terrible'. like everyone else with these strong cases against itunes. i just can't believe the wisdom.
Winston_Churchill
Bazinga!

for windows, yes. it just has a better flow to it and is faster. on a mac im sure itunes is the best but i really wouldnt know.

musicbee has a fantastic dj feature that allows songs from last.fm similar to your style to be incorporated in which is one of my favourite ways to discover new music. it has a very powerful auto-tagging system. and its developer is incredibly active, ive seen people ask for features that were incorporated the very next day.

i also do have a (though somewhat small) collection of flac albums. itunes simply doesnt play them

Last edited by Winston_Churchill (2013-02-08 15:34:52)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
itunes has had that for like 3 years. it's called genius afaik. it uses the whole itunes store database and then some. but then again, why use a last.fm-like service... if you use last.fm? i hate these crappy media players and online stores giving me 'recommendations'. if you're at the stage in developing your music taste where a media player is going to make salient recommendations to you, then god help you. personally i moved on from MGMT and blink182 a long time ago. those services rarely delve much deeper than that. again: last.fm is the high example here, and has done a fine job since like 2004. itunes had a copycat feature of this about 4 years ago. omg musicbee gives recommendations! revolutionary. another notch in the "clearly the best media-player argument", i see.

also as i've mentioned, my main itunes is on windows. windows 7 64-bit. a desktop computer. with crappy old sata drives. not talking about the lightning fast osx integration (which makes windows media and windows OS look laughable). i'm talking about itunes working perfectly fast, with a 1tb library, on windows. it's not some 'native only' perq. itunes is just as fast as any other media-player when it comes to loading and browsing a library.

and bro, there are so many simple one-installation plug-ins to get FLAC working in itunes. i thought you were into customisation?!?!?

Last edited by Uzique The Lesser (2013-02-08 16:15:38)

Cheez
Herman is a warmaphrodite
+1,027|6440|King Of The Islands

iTunes can die up its own arse.
My state was founded by Batman. Your opinion is invalid.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

A new version of iTunes is available.

Instead of downloading a patch, proceed to download the full program from scratch.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
crushing criticism.

a new version of your video drivers are available. instead of downloading patch, download entire new driver/software suite.

a new version of photoshop is available. instead of downloading a patch, pay $500 for an entirely new package.

that 70Mb really is killer, isn't it? i mean, the dial-up internet everyone is still using, it takes at least 90 seconds to get it.
GC_PaNzerFIN
Work and study @ Technical Uni
+528|6416|Finland

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Radeon … 20979.html

No new AMD graphics cards till end of this year.

I guess that explains the pricing of the NVIDIA Titan card... no competition for a year.
3930K | H100i | RIVF | 16GB DDR3 | GTX 480 | AX750 | 800D | 512GB SSD | 3TB HDD | Xonar DX | W8

AussieReaper wrote:

A new version of iTunes is available.

Instead of downloading a patch, proceed to download the full program from scratch.
ok boss ill give another go   84.8mb

Last edited by Kimmmmmmmmmmmm (2013-02-09 08:43:22)

Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
that's almost as big as those hi-res pics of asian men's dicks that au d/l's from 4chan's image boards
itunes rip
Uzique The Lesser
Banned
+382|4256
it's all steve jobs' fault.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
How long till Windows 9?
I think I'll skip 8 and stick with XP for the foreseeable, unless Dell are still selling 7 by special request.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
OK i I FOUND A SOLUTION for the faulty itunes software,      this time i deleted the Podcasts folder(5gigs) before opening itunes.

It's baccck, it's aliiiiive
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6718|Riva, MD

Dilbert_X wrote:

How long till Windows 9?
I think I'll skip 8 and stick with XP for the foreseeable, unless Dell are still selling 7 by special request.
My friend bought a new Samsung off Amazon about a month ago that had 7 on it so I'm sure you can find some computer that still have it, just not in any retail store.  Best Buy didn't have anything that still had 7 on it
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6739|Oxferd Ohire
why would you stick with xp
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6714|US
This really isn't a tech ? more of a win7 OS ?

Best way is can explain my ? is if I tell you what I'm doing first.

So in windows explorer
- go to a documents folder that is very full that the bottom is out of sight from the top.
- open a second explorer window that is open to the same folder contents.
- on the first window scroll down to a file (or create a file), and copy it.
- go back to the second window and find a folder (at the top) and paste it in there

What happens to me when I do that is the second window scrolls down to the file that I copied in the first window.

How do I make it so it doesn't keep scrolling down so that I have a window that stays at the top and one I move around to find the files that I want to put in the folders?

I've looked in the folder options in control panel but didn't see anything like that and don't know if it's some sort of 'named' feature that I need to find. It Bugs me.

(Just installed win7 this weekend so I'm a bit of a noob yet on the OS)
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6292|Washington St.
I'm confused. You use two different windows but both are open to the same folder and you're copying around files from one window to the other even though they are the same folder?
Tdog2007
Giggity Giggity
+25|6714|US
Nonono. I'm copying files from the folder I'm in on both windows into subfolders on one window that I want to stop scrolling down automatically to the file I copied into the subfolder on the first window.

My bad, thought I was thorough

Last edited by Tdog2007 (2013-02-11 12:08:13)

Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5790|Catherine Black
install this

show us what you mean
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard