Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

Whitehouse released this photo from August in order to try to convince people Obama isn't antigun
https://www.weeklystandard.com/sites/all/files/images/8436110735_5ec05750a2_b.preview.jpg
Oh man imagine all the photoshops this can be used for
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5354|London, England
He's a lefty eh? Explains so much!
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6710|Purplicious Wisconsin
Nice pun
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6711|US
Do people think that because you occasionally shoot a gun, you are in an expert position to craft legislation on them? 
I know plenty of gun owners who have little to no knowledge about gun laws, crime patterns, or judicial precedents related to gun control.

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2013-02-02 21:02:00)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5354|London, England
I started shooting skeet when I was just a kid. In my late teens (and when my eyes were still good), I shot a number of perfect rounds (25 out 25). Competitive shooters made fun of me because I shot a "side-by-side" double barreled 12 gauge. Any serious skeet shooter uses the more accurate over-and-under shotgun. I blew them away just the same.

Years ago, the rules for skeet were that if one missed a hit at any station, one had the option to take another shot. If there were no misses (or one chose to defer the option) in the regular round, the shooter ended up with one shell left out of the box of 25.

At the 8th, and final position on the skeet field, there is (in theory) a shot where both the high and low house targets cross. To get the shot, you have to be crouched low to the ground, and leaning outside of the box. I used to hold onto my option for the last shot in the hope of the elusive double. It was showboating, but one time I hit it, and it was (almost) better than sex. (I was maybe 19 at the time)

Anyway, I know a thing or two about skeet shooting. In this sport you have beginner shooters who don't really know what they are doing, you have amateurs that are "regular" shooters who take it seriously, and you have guys and gals that shoot 25 out of 25, again and again.

The following is a picture of a person who has not shot skeet before. This person doesn't know how to hold the gun properly. This person is going to get a big recoil in the arm that will hurt. No one has bothered to show this person how to hold a gun. This person has not been taught how to position the body to make a successful shot. This person has no chance of hitting a moving target. This person is not wearing the proper clothing for a skeet range (padded vest that has pockets for 25 shells). This person is pretending to shoot skeet. This is a photo-op:
https://brucekrasting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/images-8.jpg
https://brucekrasting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/NYT-300x174.png
I don't mean to make fun of the President's shooting skills. New shooters are always welcome on skeet ranges. I'm glad to see the Prez give this sport a shot, so to speak.

But the spin from the White House on this story is that Obama is banging away every weekend and he is an avid shooter. The president was quoted:

“I do it all the time”

The picture that the White House has offered up as "proof" that the president is a shooter is "fluff". This is an effort to spin things so that O looks like he is not an extremist on guns. The fact is, this picture tells us nothing, other than Obama is faking it. The WH picture is not of a guy who shoots skeet, it's a picture of a guy who likes to spin images.

Skeet shooters who do it "all the time" learn how to hold a gun and position their body. This is step number one in this (and most other) sports. These pictures are of people who have been on a range, and know the ABCs of shooting. Notice how they lean into the shot. (Also note that they are all shooting over-and-unders. It's like long handled putters - cheating, sort of, in my book...)
https://brucekrasting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/images-6.jpg
This is a picture of Kim Kardashian shooting skeet. This photo is also staged. Look how she is positioned and holding the gun. If Kim shoots this gun, she will get knocked on her ass, and she has no chance of hitting a thing. Maybe Kim and O should go shooting together. After all, it's just for show, right?
https://brucekrasting.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Kim-Kardashian-Skeet-Shooting-Shotgun-300x199.jpg
http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/20 … ent-shoots
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6102|eXtreme to the maX
Yeah of course, you can't shoot unless you have the right outfit.

So he's not a pro-shooter, nor is Kim Kardashian, nor is Sh1fty, so what?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6705|England. Stoke
Of course he isn't a pro-shooter, of course it's a staged PR image, who gives a fuck. Really get a fucking grip.
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6711|US
So, the President may not be an Olympic level shooter.  I really don't care.  It is his advocacy of failed and restrictive policy that annoys me.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

So his stance is a bit off for skeet? Who gives a shit; mine is awful and I still hit the clay.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6442|The Land of Scott Walker
Once a year I shoot clays, but even I don't fire at the horizon when the clay is far above it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

Stingray24 wrote:

Once a year I shoot clays, but even I don't fire at the horizon when the clay is far above it.
Maybe he should take lessons from Dick Cheney.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6442|The Land of Scott Walker
Maybe, least Cheney actually shoots.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6713

Stingray24 wrote:

Maybe, least Cheney actually shoots people.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
13rin
+977|6476
And he doesn't even need drones to do it for him.
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5470|Ventura, California

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Ok I keep seeing Dick Cheney referenced whenever people talk about this photo of Obama. What's the inside joke?

edit: Google says apparently Dick Cheney likes to shoot his friends in the face.

Last edited by -Sh1fty- (2013-02-06 00:53:20)

And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The inside joke is you should go slap your mum for homeschooling you so badly.

If you choose not to keep up with current events why should we bother to help?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2013-02-06 00:45:12)

AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6149|what

-Sh1fty- wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

Ok I keep seeing Dick Cheney referenced whenever people talk about this photo of Obama. What's the inside joke?
Dick Cheney shot and killed a man while hunting.

He got better though.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
While drunk.

But strangely he wasn't arrested or asked to stop shooting peoplel.
-Sh1fty-
plundering yee booty
+510|5470|Ventura, California
edited my original post. Went on Google to check it out. Hilarious Jon Stwwart report of the event.
And above your tomb, the stars will belong to us.
M.O.A.B
'Light 'em up!'
+1,220|6219|Escea

To summarise.

War Man
Dick Cheney mistook a friend for a deer. I have no idea how he did though.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

He mistook his friend for a bird. That is why he hit him in the face with birdshot. If he was using buckshot his friends would be dead.
War Man

Macbeth wrote:

He mistook his friend for a bird. That is why he hit him in the face with birdshot. If he was using buckshot his friends would be dead.
Been awhile, so I forgot.
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5582

Not holding it against you.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6768|PNW

-Sh1fty- wrote:

edited my original post. Went on Google to check it out. Hilarious Jon Stwwart report of the event.
You seriously need to read more about this country. Put down your gunwank and bulk up on your history and current events.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard