Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5541|Toronto
It's the only way he knows how to interact with people. It wouldn't be so bad if he had some wit to attract more interest, but he doesn't. Thankfully he gets by on his gravitational pull.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

Superior Mind wrote:

Jay wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Why does such a ridiculous argument exist and persist? All your reasons to hate on each other are in reference to one another's level of contribution to or extortion of society. Every person gets their kicks a different way. Why care how an individual relates to an ideal, a disembodied object which maintains delusional and fetishized engagements between the world and people? You all know the shit you throw at each is other is long winded anal belching. My only guess is that everyone is bored of each other.
Not so superior now, are you? You can't even tell when someone is being facetious! I demand a name change this instant!
ya fucking right, you never stop with this shit
https://chanarchive.org/content/94_sci/770420/1271821439624.jpg
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

Pochsy wrote:

It's the only way he knows how to interact with people. It wouldn't be so bad if he had some wit to attract more interest, but he doesn't. Thankfully he gets by on his gravitational pull.
I know how hard it is to find things to talk about when you have strange interest. Apparently people getting blown up on the internet isn't a popular subject. Smh
El Beardo
steel woolly mammoth
+150|5718|Gulf Coast

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690

Jay wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Jay wrote:

Not so superior now, are you? You can't even tell when someone is being facetious! I demand a name change this instant!
See what I mean?

You have no idea how to defend yourself or one of your arguments without a personal jab.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2013-02-02 09:06:51)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Superior Mind wrote:

Jay wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

See what I mean?
I wasn't serious at all when talking to pochsy. You, on the other hand, definitely need to smoke less weed.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
I wasn't speaking exclusively about your little conversation with pocshy. And how do you know how much weed I smoke?

You and who ever else participates in the same stem vs humanities debate pollute the forum with pages of dribble, pushing aside any other potential matter of debate.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2013-02-02 09:09:42)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Superior Mind wrote:

Given what we know about the universe, is the fact that we exist proof enough of life spread throughout the universe?

Seeing as how all scientific models, theories, and paradigms are based on most-probabilistic-scenarios, not definite truths. Even the definite truths, the fundamental laws of the universe maybe subject to change at any given moment. The very existence of the universe and one's own being are remarkable enough of phenomena for us to not be able to rule out an absolute random turn of events. Although we think that things of this nature probably will not happen, there is a chance that anything could happen. Our notions of reality are a tiny sample size of observers compared to the size of the universe. 

With this all encompassing uncertainty, why do the practices of science adhere to agreed upon standards of experimentation? No matter how bizarre anything we ever learn, dream, or imagine it must be true on some space of possible causality, because anything is possible. And so, as long as it can be experienced what makes some things more real than others?

I know this is pretty elementary stuff, but I'm interested in all of your opinions on these questions.
Thas alot o' weed.
-Frederick Bastiat
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
All you faggots can do is ignore a real topic of discussion and piss on each other.

Jay. maybe you should smoke a little herb so you have more to contribute to the forum besides your tired arguing.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2013-02-02 09:11:23)

Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

I wish I could smoke weed everyday. It is an expensive hobby and I burn through pot quickly when I get it. I smoked half an ounce in two weeks during winter break.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Superior Mind wrote:

I wasn't speaking exclusively about your little conversation with pocshy. And how do you know how much weed I smoke?

You and who ever else participates in the same stem vs humanities debate pollute the forum with pages of dribble, pushing aside any other potential matter of debate.
There is no other potential matter of debate. There are about 8 of us in there and we talk about what we want to talk about. If you want to discuss stoner philosophy it's not the correct group of people to discuss it with. Gotta know your audience because not everyone has the same interests.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Let's conduct an experiment SM. Since apparently I am the root and cause of all of your problems, how about I don't post in D&ST for a week. You can post whatever you want, and try to steer discussions in directions you want to take them. Go for it.
-Frederick Bastiat
Mutantbear
Semi Constructive Criticism
+1,431|5962|London, England

what a boring week
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ https://i.imgur.com/Xj4f2.png
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
Stoner philosophy? How about just regular philosophy? This isn't your personal politics, guns, and history club. Other people might actually engage in decent topics if you didn't derail every thread you enter with personal insults and some lame defense of your life choices. No one takes Uzi's bait more than you.

Jay wrote:

Let's conduct an experiment SM. Since apparently I am the root and cause of all of your problems, how about I don't post in D&ST for a week. You can post whatever you want, and try to steer discussions in directions you want to take them. Go for it.
I don't really care anymore, I'd rather post in EE. You are not the root of anything, you are a flowering shit plant that stems from the roots of collective boredom. Talk about whatever you want, it's when you shit all over topics/opinions/people that don't please you then it become annoying. Just because you witness others doing it doesn't mean you have to also.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2013-02-02 09:20:42)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Superior Mind wrote:

Stoner philosophy? How about just regular philosophy? This isn't your personal politics, guns, and history club. Other people might actually engage in decent topics if you didn't derail every thread you enter with personal insults and some lame defense of your life choices. No one takes Uzi's bait more than you.
Yes... I derail all the threads...

You do realize that 99% of the threads are about philosophy, yes? Religion, drugs, guns, politics, it's all philosophy. There's no concrete answer to any of it or we wouldn't be talking about it. Philosophy is not strictly questioning why life exists or if aliens exist or why you're so much of a coward that you can't engage in discussion without everyone else having to change so you can feel like you get two words in edgewise. If you can't be called an idiot without crying, don't engage in philosophical discussions. It's kind of rule #1. Most of this shit you post is completely incoherent because you post while stoned. You get laughed at for it and then cry about it when you're sober. Why is that my fault? It's not like I'm the only one who calls you on it.

Last edited by Jay (2013-02-02 09:21:39)

-Frederick Bastiat
Macbeth
Banned
+2,444|5583

What do you think of me SupMind? I am cool, right? Right?

Last edited by Macbeth (2013-02-02 09:23:23)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
When have been called an idiot, when have I not responded to legitimate arguments I was involved in? The problem is that most of the time the so call philosophical debates going on are recycled topics which produce the same repetitive answers and attacks over and over. This isn't me crying about people not liking what I post. I try to post questions which haven't been discussed before to try to stimulate new avenues of interaction.

But do you fucking see how I pose an actual complaint about the general nature of the forums and you come back with the personal attacks? The only reason I have highlighted you as an example is because you reacted like you always do.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2013-02-02 09:28:40)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Superior Mind wrote:

When have been called an idiot, when have I not responded to legitimate arguments I was involved in? The problem is that most of the time the so call philosophical debates going on are recycled topics which produce the same repetitive answers and attacks over and over. This isn't me crying about people not liking what I post. I try to post questions which haven't been discussed before to try to stimulate new avenues of interaction.
No one is preventing you from starting new topics, but it doesn't mean people will actually discuss them.

Go for it, like I said, if you think that I am personally the problem, I won't post in D&ST for a week. I'm going to bet that you won't get more than five on-topic posts in the topics you pick.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Superior Mind wrote:

But do you fucking see how I pose an actual complaint about the general nature of the forums and you come back with the personal attacks? The only reason I have highlighted you as an example is because you reacted like you always do.
You made it personal. I responded. Am I supposed to sit here and let you criticize me without giving a response? World doesn't work that way.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Why the fuck is Balls of Fury on comedy central so often? It's possibly the worst movie ever made.
-Frederick Bastiat
-Whiteroom-
Pineapplewhat
+572|6656|BC, Canada
Well that would make it cheap for them to use as filler, wouldn't it? Jeez, I thought you were the money guy here...
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
You are part of it, a participant in it. Nothing will change just because you stop posting. There are plenty of other posters who have adapted the same posting style in order to fit in/defend their intellect.

You made it personal "Not so superior now, are you? You can't even tell when someone is being facetious! I demand a name change this instant!"

Last edited by Superior Mind (2013-02-02 09:35:56)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
It's just so baaaaaaaaad
-Frederick Bastiat
Pochsy
Artifice of Eternity
+702|5541|Toronto

Superior Mind wrote:

Nobody here wants to write an essay properly explaining what is happening. We have professors to write those essays for. Beyond this, if we were qualified to debate philosophy to any reasonable degree, we might. As it stands, Jay can barely understand Marxism, let alone Hegel. We come here for a cheap laugh, to debate topics and say things you wouldn't consider normally, and to generally just stop thinking for a few minutes.

Accept that the world isn't about solving a higher truth to 99% of the population. It's about phatic speech (How are you today?), and trying to not die. This forum is not a bastion of the greatest minds in the world. This might be revelatory to you, given that you post pictures of space all day and speak about the greatness of cultures that were trying to find something to distract them from the death all around them. Here's the clincher: that's exactly what we do here, without ornament.
The shape of an eye in front of the ocean, digging for stones and throwing them against its window pane. Take it down dreamer, take it down deep. - Other Families
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6690
All fine and dandy Pocshy, but the constant personal attacks in DST ruin the point of DST. We have EE to just shoot the shit. But we also have a forum dedicated to discussing things with some level of maturity and thought.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard